Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1993 Breakaway '30
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well here she goes. I'm not sure if I'm crazy or what but today I purchased Mr. Hoyle's Monarch so I am going to sell my Breakaway. I don't have time to put all the details out here right now but this link will take you to the recent listing where I got the info to buy it. It is a REALLY nice coach and we have done 2 major trips in it (one getting it from CA to MI) with absolutly no problems (I did have the air governor replaced but I don't think I had to). I also bought 2 new house batteries whch fixed the step problem. So why am I doing this? I just am addicted I guess and I like the wider body since we use it full time during the summer for a cottage so I had to move now whicle my wife is still teaching or I would never get her to let me get away to pick this up. Anyway Mr. Hoyle is giveing me a good deal so I am willing to reciprocate (within reason of course) If I have to take a little loss I'll chaulk it up against the price I paid for the Monarch and call it even but I do need to sell the Breakaway so make me an offer if you're interested and you might get a real deal! Here's the link or you can just go to Barths Sold in the forum and look for the '93 Breakaway listed by rlebello.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6441087061/m/5181079061

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops! Contact info would probably be nice.

dvanse@comcast.net
616-915-3433

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
So hey Mr. Vanse, what's this numero four.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
When this coach first went up several months ago I hosted some pics for the person trying to sell it. I still have the pictures so...

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What is your asking price?

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Does the buyer HAVE to take the cute kid? Roll Eyes

Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rick,

Seems like $34,000 seems to be competitive but I told someone last night I would take $33,000. This caoch is in excellent shape and needs nothing to my knowledge. It also has the satellite system, both airs conditioners are new, the solid hardwood floor is really nice and there has been custom wood trim done around the dash and door. The bath has also been tiled with ceramic. The only flaw is some of the storage doors have that pesky aluminum blistering that is common to the barths I have seen. Nothing major at all but a few are there. I was going to have them cleaned up but may not get to it now that I have to pick up my other coach and still get our resort up and running for the summer. My wife says she doesn't want 2 Barths sitting at the resort so I'm open to reasonable offers. Oh and for hilarlee No kids onlcuded.

posted Hide Post
Well today I leave to pick up my new Barth and my wife is really concerned that we will now have 2 fabulous motor homes at our resort. I think she's thinking one for her and one for me (this is not a positive thought!) So I'm really open to offers. I'll be driving back up I75 mostly from NC to MI on Monday so if you're on the road honk if you see me in the '95, 34' Barth Monark

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I remember reading a Barth ad that said that most Barth owners either keep them or buy another Barth.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Mr. Vanse is a superior multitasker. He can own one and buy one at the same time.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Mr. Vanse is a superior multitasker. He can own one and buy one at the same time.
What side of the brain does one use for that? Wink

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Owning a Barth is a no-brainer.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I'm back and all I can say to Rusty's comment is that I must be the only Barther without one (a brain) or any of you would have bought the georgous Monarch that now graces our front curb. It really was a "no brainer" decision. I'll move it to the resort after I get the gazillion bugs off the front so I can see to drive it again. I'll then proceed to put my beloved '30 Breakaway on eBay although I would rahter see someone from this site get a good deal and I always give Dave a donation when I benefit from his site as I'm sure we all do, RIGHT!, so think of it as a double blessing.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nope, it doesn't require much thought to buy a Barth (or two) once someone, like you, has seen the differences between Barths and SOBs.

If I had the room and the $$$, I'd have bought Speedy's 32' Regency while he had it for sale alongside your Monarch. But he really wanted to keep the Regency...

Now, Doug, are you sure only one Barth will be enough?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty, I'm never sure about anything except my salvation. Fortunately I bought the Monarch or Dave's '90 Regency would be tempting. I'm not sure about the price though as it's more than I paid for a '95 Monarch so is a Regency worth more than a Monarch? I think you saw them both, in your opinion which would be the better choice for the money? I will be selling the Monarch come the end of summer so I might just as well start preparing myself for realities if there are any. Or maybe I should learn how to winterize one of these "custom coaches" and keep it. I really can't imagine finding a better "custom couch" for the price so I'll have to wait and see. I actually like the fun and adventure of buying these beauties and it justifies my driving all over the country to pickup and deliver them. The Breakaway goes on eBay next week and I will deliver! I just love driving these things!