Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    **Unbelievalbe** "The Gilmore Coach" 1988 40 foot exquisite remodel
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
**Unbelievalbe** "The Gilmore Coach" 1988 40 foot exquisite remodel
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Nice presentation Dave, However: It would be nice to get the skinny on this coach without having to call Ed. More specific details please.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Report This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Unbelievable" is the tacky SOB paint job. Too bad he didn't re-do the original scheme, esp since he has the corrugated sides which enhance the "Original" horizontal colors.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", of course, but I beheld an unfortunate paint scheme choice. That aside, it is DEFINITELY priced to sell quickly.
PS: Is that a second door on the passenger side and, if so, why?

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
"Unbelievable" is the tacky SOB paint job.
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" - Babylonians 42-11.
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
Is that a second door on the passenger side and, if so, why?
You're right Gunner... To borrow Bill H's line "I'd like to see a floor plan"

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
YES IT IS PRICED TO SELL I HOPE, CAN ALWAYS MAKE OFFER

Posts: 23 | Location: peoria il. usa | Member Since: 12-13-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
THE SECOND DOOR WAS PUT IN AT FACTORY WHEN ORDERED FOR FLOW IT WAS A SALES COACH I GUTTED AND BARTH REDID IT ENTIRELY

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
ED,

Could you list out the specifics on this coach and possibly post pictures of the unseen areas e.g. engine, storage compartments, and other views of the interior, etc.

This would help a lot of potential buyers get a better idea of the Barth's rework and current condition. This would likely improve the interest in your coach.
Bill if any one is interested they can email direct medgilmore@AOL.com
Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Ed Gilmore is a master at woodwork. I remember when he started this job and he kept me up to date as to what he was doing. I have been nothing but impressed by the job he has done.

Here are some more images of his work on this coach..

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
ED,

Could you list out the specifics on this coach and possibly post pictures of the unseen areas e.g. engine, storage compartments, and other views of the interior, etc.

This would help a lot of potential buyers get a better idea of the Barth's rework and current condition. This would likely improve the interest in your coach.
Bill if any one is interested they can email direct medgilmore@AOL.com
Bill G

The interior was redone b y barth in 1999,carpet,headliner,walls,counter top corian,dishwasher, furnaces,neo-angle shower, a/c's,refrig, mico-wave convection,blender, 2 burner elect counter top,all new in 1999 in2004 new paint stripped down to bare aluminum zinc chromate primer, ppg white, 3 colors, 3 coats of clear-----remanufactured Cat 3208 put in by Cat dealer---Complete new instrument panels, guages, ultra leather, new tires june 06---new air bags 06

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This is what Ed's coach looked like before the repaint.

This picture was taken at the 2001 winter Olympics.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ED GILMORE:
SORRY FOR DUPLICATES
Then just delete them. Go to the lower right corner of each post that you want to delete/edit and click on the picture that looks like a folder with a pencil eraser attached. In that section you can delete or edit your posting.

Looking at this picture, is that a custom fabricated cover below the front bumper?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
quote:
Originally posted by ED GILMORE:
SORRY FOR DUPLICATES
Then just delete them. Go to the lower right corner of each post that you want to delete/edit and click on the picture that looks like a folder with a pencil eraser attached. In that section you can delete or edit your posting.

Looking at this picture, is that a custom fabricated cover below the front bumper?

Yes it is put that on there to dress up abit and air-foil good eyes and thanks for the heads up on the deletion i was afraid i would erase too much

posted Hide Post
thanks dave and i got rid oof some pix
what does SOB MEAN I'M BRAIN DEAD

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed, I for one think your coach looks great! SOB on this site means Something Other than Barth, or, more generically, Some Other Brand. Both mean any coach that is not a Barth.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nice looking garage, Ed. How tall is the door? How much clearance is there?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post