Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
92 Barth Diesel forsale
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Barth '92 brochure for Breakaway reads as follows: 28'long, 145" wheelbase; 30' long,172" wheelbase. Max weight for 30' long is 18,000#, front axle 6,000#, rear axle 12,000#. Dave, I've been told the Spartan Breakaway chassis is a beefed-up P-30. The Breakaway does come with Dana 80 rear axle, Dana I-60 (Spicer) front axle, Saginaw 715 steering, and Allison 542 tranny. Would like to hear what your man at Spartan says about its relation to a P-30. Thanks

Posts: 35 | Location: Buffalo, MO USA | Member Since: 09-11-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting. The 30' coach is 2' longer and the wheelbase is 2'-4" longer. Boy that photo in another thread here must suffer from serious foreshortening!

------------------
Best,

[This message has been edited by eugarps (edited January 13, 2005).]

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by davebowers:

"I talked with the lady she said she would get back to me on some pictures"

Still no photos? I'd sure like to see this thing before I drive from Maryland to Michigan. Oh well, maybe she's sold it...

------------------
Best,

<Bill>

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toosahn:
Dave, I've been told the Spartan Breakaway chassis is a beefed-up P-30.

Still waiting for a response on that.

Anybody?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Did 'anybody' answer ....???

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I could see no resemblance to a P30/P32 with the Spartan chassis on my Breakaway, especially with the steering gear, the most noteworthy difference.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I am in the Arizona desert surrounded by Barths. Many of them are Breakaways. I only looked underneath one, but it in no way resembles a P30. I am well acquainted with the view from beneath a P30, and it only took one quick look under a Breakaway to see that they are not at all similar.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Where in AZ desert are you? Will be heading that way soon and would like to meet up with more Breakaway owners! Any idea of how long they will be staying around?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I believe he is at the annual Barth Ranger gathering at Quartzsite right now.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Where in AZ desert are you? Will be heading that way soon and would like to meet up with more Breakaway owners! Any idea of how long they will be staying around?

We are 7 miles north of quartzsite and a few miles east of 95, on the far north edge of the permitted camping area. Pretty much straight north of the last turn in on the left. We will be here for a little while, so give a call or drop on by.

The Barth Rangers are slowly heading off to full hookups and the other comforts to which they are accustomed. Just a couple gassers, one Breakaway and a Regency left. And a few SOBs owned by former Barthers.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
HI Bill, unfortunatly wifey has the flu so we will not be movin' out soon, would have liked to catch up with you and some others but I guess that will have to wait now. We should be going thru LA area next month thou, if you are there, we could stop by.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
HI Bill, unfortunatly wifey has the flu so we will not be movin' out soon, would have liked to catch up with you and some others but I guess that will have to wait now. We should be going thru LA area next month thou, if you are there, we could stop by.

Hi Ed.....above message was not edited. Just hit the wrong spot on the @%&*! touch pad. Next time out I'm gonna bring my Logitek trackball mouse. I love it as much as my Barth. Almost.

Anyway, I think we will be out here next month, too, or at least until we get tired of sand and rocks or something breaks. Did some nice sandwashing today. Gave the new Tru Trac a test. Smiler