Notify
Tools
92 Barth Diesel forsale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted
Found this Barth listed forsale. Sounds interesting but I think alittle overpriced!

http://www.specialtyrv.net/car_8711.htm

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hmmm. ... Stockbridge Mi. is only about an hour from the Windsor-Detroit bridge.
Road trip?
Wish the Christmas calander wasn't so full.
Have fun!
Don
>
quote:
Originally posted by Creepy Cawler:
Found this Barth listed forsale. Sounds interesting but I think alittle overpriced!

http://www.specialtyrv.net/car_8711.htm

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Yes, if this coach is nice and you could get it 5-10K less, well I love those Breakaways.

I talked with the lady she said she would get back to me on some pictures

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have looked at this coach and it is in really good condition, maybe even excellent shape. She is advertising as having a turbo, I have read alot on this forum and I am no where near being an expert, but what I saw was a engine I.D. plate that said it was a 160 H.P. which according to everybody here, it cannot have a turbo on it. There is a cummins dealer about half way between Stockbridge and Detroit and a few RV dealers that may be able to help you. If I can answer any questions do not hesitate to holler.

Doug

[This message has been edited by poohbear (edited December 07, 2004).]

Posts: 6 | Location: Brighton, MI, USA | Member Since: 06-27-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The brochure I have for the 1992 Breakway lists: engine Cummins 6 BTA Turbocharged engine--28' 160HP standard, 190 HP optional; 30' 190 HP standard

Posts: 35 | Location: Buffalo, MO USA | Member Since: 09-11-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The difference between the 160 hp and 190 hp versions was an intercooler. Both had the same turbo's. The torque was 400 ft lbs and 475 ft lbs respectively.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Given the horsepower question, is this a 28' with a 160 hp engine? If so, is it the short wheelbase 28' or the long wheelbase one? The rear overhang is substantially different.

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eugarps:
If so, is it the short wheelbase 28' or the long wheelbase one?

Bill, do you have any numbers on the two wheelbases? Any idea why they did that?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill, I wish I had bookmarked the website but I could swear I saw some reference to the 28' Breakaway having two different wheelbases. Now I've lost it and I think I may have had a senior moment. I'll track it down somehow. Remember that 28' diesel coach we were looking at here a month or so ago that had the long rear overhang and someone even commented they wouldn't want to hang a motorcycle on that one?

------------------
Best,

[This message has been edited by eugarps (edited December 31, 2004).]

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
OK, now that my memory is jogged, I found it.

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000442.html

I wonder if this one had such a short wheelbase because of the chevy engine? I have never heard of a motor home doing wheelies, but this one could with a 502 back there, I suspect.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Could anybody tell me where you can find the wheelbase of a 28 ' and a 30' Breakaway. Did they make them on different wheelbases?

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Creepy, (I mean that respectfully) The Spartan EC-2000 chassis was a 17,000 lb chassis has created. I am not absolutly sure however, it appears to me that the 28 and 30 would have exactly the same wheelbase.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
I quess what I was really trying to find out is,how much overhang should a 30' have. I don't want it to look like the one in Washington. like skid plates should be on the back end

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Sorry Creepy, I had every intention of calling Spartan friday, but just got busy with other things. They are headquarted in Michigan so I can call them first thing Monday. I have guru there and he will give me all the answers. I also wanted to get some info on the front suspension. You know it is really starting to appear to me that this EC 2000 was somewhat like a very heavy duty P-30 when you look at suspensions etc. But I will find out more.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the axle weights are.