Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1990 Barth Regency for sale now: $32,500
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
OK folks, how about $32,500 OBO come get it and you will have a great ride to Milford. 606 348-3764 or 727 5102060

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Complete description here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just so you see that the price has been lowered to $32,500.00 OBO. Get it now and show it off in Milford. You won't regret it. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Kevin I would be happy except I am about 32 grand short, how about a partnership?

It is a very fine coach and well worth the asking price, not to mention how proud the owner would be.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what was the best offer so far??

Not what it should have been. Wink. This is a very, very, nice Barth. Would be great for full timers.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Make a serious offer and I'll let you know if you got it. Tom

posted Hide Post
I would like to introduce you to John and Robin Lee from Jamestown SC. The new owners of our 1990 Barth Regency. We delivered it to them on Fri the 25th. We had a great very uneventful 10 hour drive for our last time in the Barth. We hope to cross paths with them in the near future. IF anybody runs across a beautiful white with blue stripe say hi, You will really enjoy them. Congrats John and Robin. Tom and Nancy Johns

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
hey Tom, you up for another Alaska adventure? I don't care what I am following or leading, could be fun! My racing timing activity could interfere but who knows! West Coast is waiting for you! Your coach was a BEAUTIFUL example of Barths' out there congrats to the new owners!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
And congrats to you Tom, on the sale. You've done a great job of taking something that was good, making it better, and passing it on. Great stewardship.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Jamestown huh?? Too bad not TN or KY, but congratulations to both the new and previous owners cheers

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,I have had a 1990 34'Regency diesel pusher Motorhome since 2004, and the first time it has been driven, was yesterday. Shortly after we bought it, my husband passed away. I recently remarried and we have decided to sell it. I has been in a storage lot for about 10 years. Inside it is in pristine shape and has only 50,000 miles on it. Outside it is also beautiful. My husband has a Airstream motorhome and we belong to a WBCCI Airstream Club and can't use two very large motorhomes. I was thinking about asking between $30,000 and 35,000for it. Just wanted to know if you had any suggestions or secrets to your success. I live in Bass Lake, CA. Thanks

Carol Robb Weaver and Don Weaver carfrobb@yahoo.com [FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 26 | Location: Bass Lake, CA | Member Since: 06-28-2015Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile!

I'm very familiar with Tom's 36' Regency, and it was in absolutely superb condition, with an incredible number of upgrades, including a reman engine with very few miles. It enjoyed constant use, and so everything worked or was immediately fixed. Tom and Nancy recently (2014) bought a Foretravel, which is why the Barth became surplus. He rarely posts here anymore as a result.

While the low mileage on your Regency is a plus, sadly, the fact that it's sat for many years is a minus. Being idle for that extended period means a prospective buyer would expect the myriad of things related to just being parked be taken into consideration. The expenses and down time related to those issues could be substantial.

Recent sales of 32' Regencies have ranged from $27,500 to less than $20K. I'm also intimately familiar with the ('93) coach on the high end, and like Tom's, it had extensive upgrades and was also in pristine condition.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but rather to alert you to reservations a prospective buyer would have. Good luck!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had several members view and make offers on the coach. Non has resulted in a sale. the 1990 Regency is still available.
Carol

Posts: 26 | Location: Bass Lake, CA | Member Since: 06-28-2015Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
maybe all messages re: it being for sale should be moved to the thread in the For Sale forum that it was featured in before ( it has pic's there also)?

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...061/m/9403927587/p/1

just a suggestion..

also wanted to mention, its a beautiful rig..

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's one issue I don't moderate; if Carol wants to post it in the Barths for Sale forum, it's her decision.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke