Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    PA. 1987 ~ 28FT, 454, Fuel Injected, Class A, $10k?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
PA. 1987 ~ 28FT, 454, Fuel Injected, Class A, $10k?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I don't know a whole lot about the Barth but we have a stack of books that came with it when we bought the coach. 111k miles, engine rebuilt about 50k ago, Holley Fuel Injected, Blue/Silver exterior, blue/grey & wood interior, Onan generator, fridge, freezer, shower, head, microwave, stove top, two back beds, one fold down couch, TV, etc.

We used it for business twice a year, it has been sitting for 1 1/2 years.

This is what it needs - the drive shaft has to be put back with a new universal bearing, (it stalled one day, could not restart, got towed, they had to drop drive shaft to tow it, then next morning it started right up?) Slight header leak, noisy, but mechanic, said to tighten bolts, I would but a new starter in, I think the starter has a "flat" spot. Water heater - we thought we cracked the tank, after replacing with new tank the old tank was fine and it was a cracked hose, but since the tank was replaced I can't seem to get the propane heater to light. The door panel for the water heater needs the outer clip to keep it from opening.

Starting- sometimes when you turn the key you just hear quiet clicking, and it won't start, hence maybe a new starter?

All in all almost everything works, the two roof top AC units blow cold, the awnings look brand new, the exterior paint is peeling big time, we put some white roof sealant on, I have receipts upon receipts, motor runs strong, put in new air bags, I am sure I missed a bunch of stuff. It has been out of mind for a while so I will try my best to answer your questions.

$10,000.00

Posts: 3 | Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA | Member Since: 01-13-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the picture of the Data Tag.

Posts: 3 | Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA | Member Since: 01-13-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Had to step outside to make sure our Barth was still there as this one could have been it baby twin. Same exact color, stripes, and peeling paint. Ours is a 31' 1986 #3344 Built 39 coaches before this one. This is a FP3 floorplan-center twin- rear bath. Closet curbside- sink left-toilet
right-shower road side.Floorplan on 31' adds a 2' closet/drawers between fridge and bed, Rollout pantry between kitchen and bed, full width storage across rear. 195" wheelbase vs 178". Times when turning in parking lots I wish it was a 28', but really like added storage on our 31'. Good luck on your sale.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold. Went to a great new owner in Kansas whom will make her just like new!