Notify
Tools
1979 Barth Regal 28 footer only $3,500.00
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

1979 Barth Regal coach

price to $3500.00. I have gone out last weekend and started it and drove it around the block and as usual it fired right up.The motor is a gas 454 GMC and stills runs good without burning any oil.The chassis is a P-30 and it is a 28 footer-twin Bed with full bath across the back.I have the Barth Motor Coach Book with all the history of this vehicle in it and I also have sent for and received the General Motors mechanical and electrical information and wiring diagrams for the 78-79, P-30; this was a hard set of manuals to track down.The generator is an Onan and is suppose to be 6.5k.

I also have the complete service manual for the Onan generators.This generator runs good ,but I have trouble starting it and I wasn`t able to start it last weekend.This Coach was all redone in the late 90`s and I bought it in 2002, but have put less than 300 miles on it.It was repainted just before I bought it,but the paint is starting to peel on the edges.I think this is back to the incorrect primer used.There is no damage on the body and the aluminum is shiny underneath where it has peeled.Here is a list of the things that I think need to be addressed outside of the usual maintenance items: the awning is getting thin and needs to be replaced,the brake pedal feels soft and mushy but stills stops you[this definetly needs to be checked],the rear suspension looks low and may need beefed up,the drivers side gas tank seems to seep out the top when filled completely up, the tank on the passenger side is good. The passenger side windshield wiper shaft had been damaged at some time and the blade arm has been epoxyed onto the shaft, both wipers work good.I just replaced both wiper blades and I just replaced both Coach batteries.Dave, to best of my knowledge that is all that is wrong with this Coach and it has alot of miles left in it.It drives straight down the road and it has some type of steering stablizer system that had been installed on it.The mileage is right at 85,000.The tires were replaced just before I bought it and look new.

Dave Barkley
4935 SE 37th
Tecumseh,Kansas 66542
PH: 785-379-5336
e-mail: dbarkley1@cox.net

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited April 07, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/07
posted Hide Post
Nice looking unit.. The inside especially... good recap on condition... thanks for sharing ...

------------------
John Reilly
Big Times Kennel
Centerville Ohio
If you see this... You found me

Posts: 87 | Location: Centerville, Ohio, USA | Member Since: 09-18-2004Report This Post