Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Howdy. '76 Barth 21' for Sale, Bellevue, WA
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Howdy folks,

My in-laws own a 1976 Barth 21'. As he has had a stroke and can no longer drive, I have been asked to find out a fair value for the Barth, and work on getting it sold.

Thanks

Geoff

Since it's a 21', I've changed the header and edited the text- and moved to this forum...Rusty

Posts: 11 | Location: Duvall Washington | Member Since: 06-29-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

email photos to me; don't use the attachment feature. Size them to 8" @72 ppi.

Depending on actual size, mileage and condition, it could be worth $2-5K.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Thank you for your quick reply. I can't get into your profile and I don't have your e-mail address. Mine is geoffkeyes@Hotmail.com, hit me there and I'll e-mail you from there. Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Posts: 11 | Location: Duvall Washington | Member Since: 06-29-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Duvall Wa? I grew up there back when it was a very small town of 310 people. Great place back then, too crowded for us now but we still come back every year or so to visit some friends. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
posted Hide Post
If anyone's interested in this coach, Duvall is a 30 mile drive from Seattle. I'd be happy to go take a look at it and give you my non-mechanic's opinions.

Posts: 39 | Location: Seattle, WA | Member Since: 09-16-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually The Barth is in Bellevue. I can meet you there to provide access on pretty short notice.

Geoff

posted Hide Post
OK, so here are the pictures. I know it got annual tune ups up until about 2 years ago. It also needs tires, and probably batteries. Roger, I'd love to take you up on your offer, I'll even buy you lunch. 2-5k was the first opinion with no pictures, what do you think now? We don't need to get top dollar, and likely the proceeds will go to a WWII vets organization. The owner was a combat ground pounder in Italy in WWII.

Thanks

Geoff

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff_Keyes:
likely the proceeds will go to a WWII vets organization. The owner was a combat ground pounder in Italy in WWII.

Thanks

Geoff

One of my uncles was a ground pounder in in Italy, Po valley, could they have been in the same company?
And by the way I may be interested.
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tim,

I will find out what unit he was in. If you are interested, that would be great! It's time for it to find a new home, or to be a new home. See above, there is a gent named Roger who is willing to look it over and give his opinion. You might want to PM him.

Geoff

posted Hide Post
Tim,

88th inf, Blue Devils. They were at Volterra, where he was injured.

Geoff

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I know you were looking for a price range. Looking at the pics you posted and passing it on to a good home I think you are in the range at around 3k. If a new owner put a few grand in new tires, brakes, and general other hoses and belts, they would have a nice 5k coach. I am glad you are on the west coast. My other might not understand a 3rd coach. She is already worried about a trailer showing up some day.

Hope your dad recovers well. good luck with your sale.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Doorman, I know someone that MIGHT Smiler have a trailer for sale.

Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hi-'m interested. does it have tlr hitch on back?
thanks ted

//

Posts: 38 | Location: roseville, ca | Member Since: 06-24-2014Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums! It appears to have a 2" receiver.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted,

As Rusty said it does have a receiver, and I can measure it for you, I'm probably going over there tonight or tomorrow.

AS I said above, we don't need to get top $, but I think 3K is fair, and I'd rather sell it to someone who wants it, than scrap it or donate it to who knows where.

Geoff