Search
Notify
Tools
SOLD 1981 MCC Barth No. 12, $8,950 Seattle, WA
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of FordGuy62
posted
'81 MCC by Barth (No. 12). Photos below. SOLD on ebay

This coach has newly rebuilt master cylinders and calipers, new brake hoses, system fully flushed and new DOT 5 silicon brake fluid installed. Stops great.

New ball joints and tie rod ends (greasable) and new custom made bell crank & idler arm bushings. Drives nice.

Tires have less than 1,000 miles and aren't weathered, they're about 5 years old. Polished Alcoa aluminum rims.

Detroit 8.2 runs good, always starts with literally a "bump" of the key.

Running and driving coach, could use interior updating and refurbishing. Contact me through my Craigslist posting. Members can contact me through this site.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/rvs/5719372400.html

QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME, BUT PLEASE DON'T REPLY WITH COMMENTS OR MISINFORMED SPECULATION ABOUT THE MCC MOTORCOACH.

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Craigslist pictures show this coach nicely. Let us get pictures on Barthmobile.com also!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Price as now shown in the title is $10,000 obo

Sending photos this evening.

Posts: 40 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 09-19-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed the price in the title. I saw it on Craigslist, but when that goes away we do not know what was there.

Is this your Data tag? Thank you for sending the photos I assume they are yours.

Call me and we can teach you how to link them. The phone number is in your private message. Keep in mind I am in Eastern time zone. If you would like to try later this evening, Send me A PM back and I might be up late.

Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is my data tag. And yes, I did send photos.

posted Hide Post

Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is my data tag. And yes, I did send photos. Here they are:

Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post

Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Here are interior pictures

posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up Computer Thumbs Up Thanks for bringing the pictures to Barthmobile.com! Thumbs Up Computer Thumbs Up

Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU!!! A big thank you to Kevin for guiding me through the process to post pictures.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
What is the size of rear bed?? Queen?? King??

Basement air??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
Picture of FordGuy62
posted Hide Post
Bed is a queen. Basement AC.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
started a new sightings thread and was advised that this coach had been featured before.. Other thread deleted...and transferred here:

back on ebay..23Aug2016
current ebay ad description:
1981 MCC-Barth motorhome. Very rare, only about 45 made, few still exist. Based on the FMC motorhome design. Four wheel independent suspension and four wheel air over hydraulic disc brakes. When FMC stopped making motorhomes, a group formed as MCC, and started building the diesel pusher based on the original FMC design. The coaches were finished by Barth.

The coach runs and drives well, see video of the coach in operation youtube vid..

The coach is in overall fair to good condition. It shows some age and wear & tear as would be expected for a 35-year old coach.

The brakes and steering have been rebuilt. New ball joints, new tie rod ends, new bell-crank and idler arm bushings, new (rebuilt) master cylinders and calipers, new brake pads. Brake system flushed and filled with DOT 5 silicon brake fluid. Tires are like new and about 5-years old, stored inside most of the time so they are not weathered.

Interior can use renovation/restoration and updating. Nice cherry cabinets and high quality interior finish work for its time. A previous owner removed some paneling and started to remove some wallpaper (see photos). Carpeting and oak parquet flooring are in fair to good condition but dated in my opinion. Upholstery is dated but in good condition.

Detroit Diesel 8.2 liter V8 and Allison automatic transmission. Runs very good and starts with a "bump" of the key. Drives, stops, steers etc. as it should.

Headlights, turn signals, tail lights and dash lights work. A couple of marker lights are out. Windshield wipers are air operated and are functional. Interior lights work on 12-volt and 110 volt. Propane system works and hoses under coach have been replaced. Kohler generator runs on propane. I have tried the refrigerator on 110-volt power and it did not get cold. I did not troubleshoot.

I began the mechanical restoration and planned to restore the remainder of the coach, but time and other priorities do not allow me to complete it. After four years and not a lot of progress, it is time to pass on to someone else to finish.

Item specifics
Condition: Used
Year: 1981
VIN : S-1-04-RS-00016
Mileage: 37,000
Slide Outs: None
Make: MCC-Barth
Fuel Type: Diesel
Model: MCC035A
For Sale By: Private Seller
Length (feet): 35
Leveling Jacks Included?: No
Air Conditioners: 2
Sleeping Capacity: 3
Awnings: None
Vehicle Title: Clear

1981 MCC-Barth MCC035A

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post