Search
Notify
Tools
Barth for sale in Austin, Tx...$8000/OBO
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of redfivenine
posted
FOR SALE: 1985 BARTH ROYAL MOTORHOME

Here's your chance to own one of the best coaches ever made. The Barth coaches were individually made to buyers specification, every one was custom built using the finest parts available. These were top of the line motor homes.
If you are unfamiliar with the Barth I suggest you go to Barthmobile.com and check out their website. Ask anyone who owns one and they will tell you with pride how much they love their rigs. Roll into any park or event and watch the people check you out and want to see the Barth. I get thumbs up everywhere I take it. Does it have a few flaws? Yes, it's over years old, but it's in overall great shape and has many more years of life in her. I hate to sell it. I've loved it since the day I bought it. And it is time to downsize. Mileage is a little under 72,000 (pic of odometer included). It is a project for anyone with skills/interest. This r.v. is solid and sound in the body and motor - Chevy 454V8 engine. Starts easily and purrs beautifully. It still stirs my heart to hear her. Roof cleaned and coated last summer. New converter installed July 2013. A rodent also chewed some wiring and the electric on the entrance side of the motorhome needs to have work done. I was in the process of redecorating and did not finish it. Cork tiles are in the bedroom. The living area is carpeted, though entry way carpet torn out as I was putting in cork flooring. I was also doing a paper bag leather floor in the galley. It is the perfect vehicle for someone to buy at low cost, gut, and build to your own specs. I drove this all over the country by myself for 3 years, so it is certainly easy for one person to handle all the attendant chores....

This Barth was first purchased from Biddulph Oldsmobile on 04/22/85 the list price was $71,000.
Some of its features are:

Data tag #9503/3203/32t-fp2
Complete set of blueprints and data binder with all the original literature
P32 Chevy tag axel, chassis
454 Chevy engine with only 71924 original miles.
3 speed automatic w/cruise control, which shifts great.
4 wheel disc brakes
Air ride suspension
Hydraulic Leveler System
19' tires ~ one of the eight needs to be replaced.

Aircraft Aluminum construction
Lots of documentation including all manuals
Onan 6.5 NH-RV GenSet generator that runs great.
2 Dometic SL135 RA roof top air conditioners that both blow cold.
2 Suburban gas furnaces with new blower fans in each.
4 burner Magic Chef gas stove
Sharp carousel 2 microwave/convection oven.
13" Mitsubishi Color TV.
3-way, 2 1/2 years old, refrigerator.
Corion counter tops.
Carefree of Colorado awning a just 6 years old in great shape.
30 gallon propane tank.
80 gallon fresh water tank.
Roof recently recoated.
Queen size bed and fold out couch.
Flip top table with wine storage underneath.
Leather/cloth captain chairs in good shape, no tears.
Paint job looks great, but has clear coat peeling along roof line.
New converter 7/2013.

Posts: 11 | Location: born in az, last residence in ky, i call no place home now.... | Member Since: 02-12-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Redfivenine, it looks like you've put about 8000 miles on it since 2010. Did you buy it from Birddog? What maintenance have you done in the last three years? The 85's I'm familiar with had a TH400 3-speed. Does yours have a new transmission like a 480LE? This looks like a potentially very nice Barth'.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of redfivenine
posted Hide Post
hello....yes, i bought it from birddog....and the estimated mileage put on is correct....i have put in new brakes, a new fuel pump, new refrigerator, one new a/c unit...i also had it set up to tow a tow dolly and had the brushes put on the rear to keep stones from being tossed up onto the tow vehicle...i also put on 6 new tires and had the converter replaced so there is no longer a hum and there is far less emf emission when on shore power.....of course, i had all the oil changes and other routine maintenance done...i have all of the paperwork for everything in a binder....it is a nice rig and someone could really do a great job on it for not a lot of money...i started and lost interest...it is too big a project for me as a single and i am downsizing to a small t.t....if you know anyone wanting to buy this barth, or looking for an r.v. partner, send them my way!...

Posts: 11 | Location: born in az, last residence in ky, i call no place home now.... | Member Since: 02-12-2011Report This Post
Picture of redfivenine
posted Hide Post
and i dont know the answer to the question about the transmission....it is a 454v8 engine....that is all i know....

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
1985 would not have a 4L80E trans as the first production year was 1991. Unless it had a transplant.

Most likely is a TH400

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
3 speed would indicate a TH400.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
No matter what, this looks like a very nice rig. If I were starting over again, I would jump on it. I like the extra size and it just looks nice. It does look as though the interior might have been redone and very nicely. I've never seen white cabinets and the wall paper doesn't look like that of the '85 era. Redfivenine, do you know if it has been redone on the interior? And are the storage compartments solid

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of redfivenine
posted Hide Post
yes, the interior was redone....and the cabinets are solid...

posted Hide Post
Hi is this still for sale? what is the price I did not see that any where? what is the current miles? phone number thanks! AL

Posts: 1 | Location: MN | Member Since: 11-28-2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Just interested in the details of the Barth and if its still or sale. can reach me a bob_broman@yahoo.com or 530-262-1777 thanks Much

Posts: 1 | Location: paradise ca. | Member Since: 01-16-2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am another that wants to know if this Barth is still available.

I can be reached by email or at 250-881-5687.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Posts: 6 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 04-29-2015Report This Post
Picture of redfivenine
posted Hide Post
This coach has sold....