Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    93 Barth 32 ft - Now $10000! (Atlanta, Ga)
Page 1 2 3 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
93 Barth 32 ft - Now $10000! (Atlanta, Ga)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
93 Barth 32 ft - $19000 (Atlanta, Ga)
Here are some pictures: DropBox Pix]

Due to my beloved of 44 years' health, it is time to sell our Barth. $19,000
This was Speedy Hoyle's 1993 Barth Regency 32', and a search can tell you some of the history, if you are interested. I bought it from his son about 5 years ago hoping to FT in it, but that is not to be.
* It has about 88,888 miles. Since I’ve owned it, these miles are all highway ‘exercising’ the coach.
* 3116 cat 250 hp. Starts every time and sounds great.
* 9kw diesel generator. I have not used this.
* Leather captain chairs(3). Great shape.
* parquet wood floor ceramic tile in bath
* 2 roof mt. ac with aux heat strips.
* Propane furnace.
*aux cabin heat off engine.
* 90% tires, but they are 7+ years old and should be replaced---I was going to, but Rusty suggested that the tire warranty goes with the buyer of the tires, so I thought I'd adjust the price so the buyer can choose what is best. A fresh oil change and lube would be appropriate as well.
* When I bought it, Speedy and his heirs had said 'excellent condition everything works', and that was true. I believe it still is, but I have not used the coach for camping. I haven't used the shower, bathroom, generator, etc---so you should expect that you will have to give it a bath, clean some things, maybe some lights and wiper blades, as it has been stored for these 5 years. However, I have driven ("exercised") it religiously every month that I have owned it. I put new crank batteries in it last year. It starts every time, and I drive it for about 30 minutes on the highway monthly.

I am willing to help an out of town buyer to pick it up; I live near the Atlanta airport.
I would possibly consider a trade for a Pickup and cabover or small tagalong. This was my 3rd Barth, having owned 2 Breakaways before. This is by far the nicest, and Speedy actually had 2 Barths, maintained well.
I hope this fine Regency coach finds a wonderful home!

DropBox Pix

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an excellent example of Barth to me... A great replacement for a Travco

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
IIRC, when Speedy first listed it, he mentioned the PO was a celebrity of some sort...he had 2 Barths at the time, the other being a 34' Monarch, which sold first, so the Regency came off the market

I think the coach has double-glazed windows as well.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
good one, raincatcher---especially since I am a musician and singer....
I'm going to try to resolve this now; bill and rusty et al probably gave the right instructions on the upload and I missed or botched a step. I'll try to get it right now. tnx again and sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Not sure what's happening. I think it has something to do with how the URL is being posted. He sent me a link via PM. Try this:
DropBox Pix

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Report This Post
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
I am again sorry folks---everytime I paste the link, per the instructions, and test it, it works. That must be because cookies are 'letting me in' on my own laptop. But the link Quinn pasted worked....hope it does now? tnx Quinn,

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Hat Tip Quinn, it worked for me. Very nice looking coach Stringmann. I feel bad that you and your Bride will not be able to realize your original plans for the Barth.
Will sell fast I think. Good luck.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I deleted the intervening posts OBE, since, thanks to Quinn, there's a workable link. Thumbs Up

This is an excellent coach; both Speedy and Jerry took care of their gear. I wish I had room for 32'...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Good de-cluttering, Rusty Thumbs Up

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of davebabe
posted Hide Post
Stringman.. i like the looks of your Barth . however, i am surprised that you havent a clue as to the operation of the other 'systems'.. i am still in the market for an Operational Barth Rv. not just a reseller of prior site RV's.

i have perused this site many times. seems the majority of RV's for sale, belonged to somebody else posting here.

More interested if you can have the Bus given a good going over, to insure 'what works' what doesnt, and repairs needed. Thank you
david.

Posts: 10 | Location: north carolina | Member Since: 08-23-2014Report This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
i have perused this site many times. seems the majority of RV's for sale, belonged to somebody else posting here.

Indeed, that is the purpose of the FOR SALES section. A larger number of Barth's for sale (by other than members) appear in SIGHTINGS. However, the second category is also useful for reporting Barths spotted on the road, regardless of being for sale.

Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
For anyone interested, just a little update: Yesterday I paid a mechanic to test systems on my Regency. I only had him and his helper for a couple of hours, but here is what we found.

As always, the motor cranked right up and ran well. The water worked in the sinks, shower, and toilet fine. The AC units worked fine.
The Frig worked fine. We did not get the stove to light, though I believe there is LP in the tank (it is indicated). It may just need to be bled, but I wasn’t able to light it and didn’t have time to go through it. Convection oven, microwave, and Warmer oven work fine (are electric).

We got the Generator to ‘click’ but not start. We did not have time to work on it. It started and ran well when I bought it, but I have not run it since. So at least a tune up should be anticipated.

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
We got the Generator to ‘click’ but not start.

I think Genny takes house battery juice. If that is discharged, she won't start.

Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
I think you're right : the volt Meter said house batteries were ok. Must not have had enough juice to crank the generator. Tnx

posted Hide Post
In Birmingham interested in a Barth. Couple questions. Are your a/c units still operating off freon. Does the dash air work? You stated the age on those tires I am just not able to go back and look. Age and condition of tires? Thanks Bill E

Posts: 3 | Location: Birminghan,ala | Member Since: 07-31-2015Report This Post