Search
Notify
Tools
1986 31' Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
A great view would be of the undercarriage showing frame to body juncture. This and storage bins and lids would be where coaches in protected storage would stand above all others. Good luck

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am lowering the price on my 1986 Regal. Since original post I have installed new front tires, installing new front air helper springs, new front shocks and steering stabilizer.

New lower price is $12000.

Posts: 11 | Location: Blanchester,Ohio | Member Since: 12-30-2021Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harley86:
I am lowering the price on my 1986 Regal. Since original post I have installed new front tires, installing new front air helper springs, new front shocks and steering stabilizer.

New lower price is $12000.

I can't believe this hasn't sold yet! hmm
Good condition, low miles, new tires, inside storage, doesn't get much better than that.
Steering stabilizer is a plus. Made a big difference on my 86. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't either Steve. I have had one potential buyer come and see the coach in person and they indicated that the issues I am addressing in my last post as a reason they didn't take ownership of the coach. So, the next buyer will have a " drive me home " ready coach at a better price.

Posts: 11 | Location: Blanchester,Ohio | Member Since: 12-30-2021Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I would bet he'll never find a better coach of any kind at that price. Sadly, many buyers are looking for the wrong things. They will buy a piece of junk because "they want slide outs, etc" head bang

Seriously, that coach is one of the best deals I've seen in a long time. Gas prices aren't helping right now but still it should be getting more attention.

Good luck, summer is right around the corner. Hopefully you'll get some more interest. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
In my area the biggest problem is the banks will not finance our beautiful old Barths. Several folks made offers on the last coach I had for sale, but had to back out because they did not have the cash. In todays world, only a very few deserving families have 12K expendable cash on hand.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bingo. Universal problem. head bang

Banks have killed anything over 10 years old. A real shame when you consider new coaches are $200k-500k+ and 10 years later you can't get over 10-15% of that. Considering how some are built now, I guess I'm not surprised but Barths, stored well, will last about forever.

As we have seen before, old RV's are not a good investment but they sure are fun. Smiler

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm lucky in that even if I don't have the cash for the purchase, I have a tiny local bank where to some extent a man's word is his bond. I might pay a point or two higher interest rate, but I've financed everything from 80 year old trucks to 20 year old Corvettes without an issue, and in fact, did a finance deal to keep from draining savings when I relieved Duane of the burden of ownership of Buford.
If I hadn't bought his, this coach would be on my radar too.
Hard to believe that more people don't have access to a bank like that or a credit union that will give them a signature note.

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
I am also lucky in that regard. I can easily call up the credit union and it is no problem . They would tell me to just write a check and we'll do the paperwork when convenient . Makes it tempting sometimes , but we enjoy being debt free . Kind of like that fire extinguisher , it's nice to know you have it but I really don't want to have to use it .Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
At the last RV show I attended, about 2 yrs. ago, most all of the the coaches each had posted the "low" monthly payments of $XXX over 360 months /30/yrs.!!!

But banks wont loan $10-15K for a quality coach. Explains the 2008 financial crisis a lot. And then they'll want a bail out. Sick.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am happy to report that I sold the coach yesterday to a gentleman from Laurel Mississippi. I appreciated any and all input that the members have given me on the Forum and thank Steve W for helping me post the pictures of my Regal. The new owner (Neal) is going to join Barthmobile if he hasn't already. I told him that the wealth of Barth knowledge cannot be matched anywhere else. Thanks again! Harley86 (Steve)

posted Hide Post
This coach has SOLD ! Thanks for everyone's help ! Harley86