Notify
Tools
1993 Breakaway For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. A 25 yr old Barth has a lot left and should be worth more than the others. Hopefully we will continue to see at least a few more informed motivated buyers for our deserving coaches.

I always laugh when I hear that someone bought a cycle because they are so economical... ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Another perspective is to look at the selling price of some other very popular motor homes. As an example, one will spend about 10K to buy a nice 20 year old Minnie Winnie with about 60,000 miles on it. Of course it's a gas engine, would have delamination to some degree, and no where near the build quality of a 93 Breakaway. Heck, the diesel and the transmission alone are worth another 10K

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
This needs moved to Miscellaneous Forum, Very much the same as when Lou and Barb announced they were giving a heads up for sale. The Barth is NOT for sale yet. The comments on value are very similar as we have seen posted previously. Barth owners know what they have. Much like the Duesenberg, now out of business. When Barth was in production, Barth was ahead of the other manufacturers by a few light years.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Kevin,
No problem with you moving this elsewhere for the time being. This Breakaway will be going for sale soon. I do want to fix the generator before I "officially" put it for sale. I anticipate an asking price of $20,000.00, which will be negotiable. The more I need to do to it to close a deal the less room for negotiation.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Since this Barth will be for sale soon and will want to be in this forum at that time, I would suggest leaving it here with the thread title as is: ie ---soon for sale. No one will be confused by this.

When it is ready to sell, just change the thread title to "---For Sale Now. asking $$$$$$$" If we start another thread, it essentially splits up what we already have here, leaving a loose end in Misc forum. When the thread is opened, it will skip to the end as usual, to the most recent offering. hmm

Besides, with any luck it will only need to be moved once, to "Barths Sold!" Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Please add to your contact list when its time to sell

Posts: 4 | Location: Burlingame, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-09-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
This needs moved to Miscellaneous Forum, Very much the same as when Lou and Barb announced they were giving a heads up for sale. The Barth is NOT for sale yet. When Barth was in production, Barth was ahead of the other manufacturers by a few light years.
I will remove my request to move this to Misc. , citing the three recent posts.

• We now have a price. Thanks Kathleen and Bruce.
  • Steve suggestion, of just change the topic. Although this is not fair to BarthMonster's coach. It was bumped off of the top 5 0n the portal page list.
  • Get your contact information up...when ready or even earlier.

This sure is confusing. confusion

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
This sure is confusing.

Get some of that craft beer, put your feet up and all that confusion will drain from your tail.... ROTFLMAO

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Not confusing to me... java

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I really apologize if I have offended anyone here. I am an old Barthmobile member that was quite active at one time in my life. But, like others, life changes the direction you must travel. I never changed my opinion or love for Barth's. But not being involved here on a regular basis has left me unaware of "how things are done here".
My Barth is for sale. And the asking price is $20,000.00 and is negotiable as previously posted. The coach is in Vineland, NJ. And my contact number is 856-691-0012. Please do not call after 10:00PM EST. I cannot figure how to get my photos out of Bill's photo bucket account, but they are in there under my coach number, shown in my signature below. That includes the data tag. I also have some photos of the outside of the coach but cannot figure how to attach them to this post.
It is a great coach in need of some minor repairs. Mechanically, it is absolutely fine. I am awaiting my generator board repair and was one of the main reasons I hadn't posted it "technically" for sale. But please change the title so that I am not doing anything wrong. Let me know what else I have done wrong that needs to be addressed. As my coach is in very good condition, I thought I would post it here before I put it out for sale in case someone wanted to upgrade their present Barth. Those of you that own one know exactly what I have said throughout this thread is true. I am very confident that if I put my Breakaway out for sale that it will sell very quickly.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You are not doing anything wrong. At this point, if you wish to be officially for sale, you can change the title of the thread if you want.

Once you are logged in, just go to your first post in this thread. If you click on the Edit/Delete button in the lower right corner, it will open that post. You can then change anything in the post, including the title. Just click on it and retype.

Here is a link to your coach PB folder for photos:
http://s687.photobucket.com/us...3BS-1B?sort=3&page=1

Good luck with that sale. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve VW for finding Kathleen and Bruce's Barth in our Photobucket folder list. I forgot to check outside the box and was looking for 3855.
This Barth certainly looks like it is a beautiful rig in the Photobucket pictures. Good luck Selling your Barth.

posted Hide Post
Title changed.
If you look at the photos in the photo bucket link, the coach has not changed. Pretty much what you see is the same as it is today. No need to change anything.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Oh, and to answer the question I have already been asked so everyone here knows...NO, I will not sell my Breakaway for $10,000. I'll keep it first. It is bought and paid for. And the $400 it costs for insurance is nothing but a thing. Our Barth tows my 26' trailer with one of my old cars on it with no issues at all. If nothing else, I'll keep it for that!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am always disappointed when a distant buyer comes on with a stupid lowball offer. Such a waste of time, an insult to the seller and product. head bang

If they spend time and trouble to research the market and actually look at/under the coach, a reasonable low offer would at least be less rude.

Hang on till the right buyer shows, it only takes one. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp