Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1994 28' Barth Breakaway for sale in FL
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Diesel Pusher GM 6.5 Turbo; Spartan chasis; queen walkaround; outside color is white and blue; interior is blue/gray with oak cabinets; always non smokers to our knowledge; 4KW Kohler propane generator; great storagew with one compartment full pass through; 44,000 miles; awnings all round; Excellent Condition; Call 321/459-2367 or email concinben@aol.com --- We can provide pictures and more details

Posts: 1 | Location: Merritt Island, FL, USA | Member Since: 04-21-2002Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Intriguing...where are you? And you can email photos to davebowers (Fuhrer, er, Moderator of this forum).

Photos are good, specs (especially of options and equipment, since no two Barths are the same) are also helpful.

I've emailed for details for my own interest.

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited December 06, 2005).]

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Please post price, pics and "for sale form"
Thanks and merry Christmas to all
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Today I had the pleasure of seeing Conrad and Cindy Bennett's '94 28' Barth (and if I can't post a photo, I'll email the two I have to Dave).

This is a nearly pristine example that the Bennetts have owned for about 5 years. I saw no damage, nor evidence or repaired damage. The white finish, with blue accents, is nearly flawless (no chips or scratches, only a few, minor, isolated instances of filial corrosion, which of course, are of no structural concern).

Different from the '92 28' Breakways that I've seen, this one has a corrugated panel about 2' deep along the beltline of the coach. There were not the usual wrinkles
at the reefer station.

Front tires are new; Conrad mentioned that the rears are at least five years old and may warrant inspection and/or replacement.

The interior is muted grey tones, with unblemished oak cabinetry. The headliner shows no evidence of current or past leaks, and is of a naugahyde-type material. The upholstery is like-new, with no stains or discoloration, and has obviously been well-maintained....the entire interior is virtually spotless.

Noteworthy in the '94 model is the much increased basement storage, that makes this coach very functional for long campaigns.

I didn't test-drive the coach nor check machinery for opeation, but I got the impression that if something didn't work, Conrad fixed it or got it fixed.

The engine has been fed at 3000-mile intervals a diet of Rotella T 15W/40, the best assurance the engine is internally sound.

There are a number of useful extras. There is an inverter with an outlet below the dash (nicely installed to blend in). Conrad installed a front hitch receiver for a biccle bracket or for maneuvering a trailer. The TV is a nearly new flat-screen. There are extra waste hoses and electric dump valves.

The Bennetts are asking $32,000 for this coach, which in my inexperienced opinion, is a very attractive price.

The bottom line is this: Although I found another coach slightly more suited to my needs, if it fails its extended checkout, I'd buy this one without reservation.

(couldn't load the photos)

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited January 18, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited January 18, 2006).]

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to ask this - why would Barth put a GM engine in this unit?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This Barth has been sold.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
To me!

posted Hide Post
Way to go Rusty!

------------------
Brad
1977 29' CLASS EH!

Posts: 27 | Location: Langley. BC | Member Since: 09-28-2005Report This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
I've seen this coach and it is a beauty. I liked the screen door solution. I look forward to meeting you at Brooksville, we will be parked with the Maestros.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I don't know if Conrad had it installed then, but he also put a small lift cylinder on the door to hold it open, since front doors have no way to latch open - very clever.

I hope to pick up the Barth (which will carry on the my current RV's name, to be christened StaRV II), next week. I still need to get the limerock guy in here to reconfigure the driveway, and Conrad mentioned the age of the rear tires (I need a more aggressive tread, anyway), so I'll get them replaced before going anywhere, as well as routine oil change since it's due.

My point is that I may not be ready to roll in the Barth, but I intend to make a couple of days of the get-together, even if in my SOB or a day trip in the van.

What Barth do you have?

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited January 21, 2006).]

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
I have a '93 33' Breakaway, it's in many shades of blue. I also expect that Ken & Phyliss( Ken looks like Santa) will be there with thier 30'Breakaway.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It looks like I'm going to have to make a day trip of it...one of my cats just had a tumor removed (it looks like he's in the 5% that survive that particularly aggressive type...)

Anyway, I have to medicate him daily, and he doesn't travel well....so I'll be in The Whale (Grey/Silver '87 Ford LWB diesel van).