Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
24' Barth 1979 VERY NICE! $7,000
 Login now/Join our community

posted
The sale on ebay failed, as the high bidder couldn't ship it as planned due to it's size. It's a very nice coach, and has been well maintained. The interior has been professionally updated. I prefer to sell it to someone local, so they can see it in person, and just drive it home if they want it. I'm located about 50 miles North of Seattle, in Washington state. The completed ebay auction is item number: 300030384335. If you search this number on ebay, the listing has 24 pics and lots of info. Feel free to call me at 360-652-2277 if you need more info. I'm also contacting those that asked to be, if the sale failed, as well as posting it locally. I don't think it will last long. The price is firm. I will update this post, once it is sold and gone.

Posts: 5 | Location: Washington state | Member Since: 09-15-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thepaperhut:
The sale on ebay failed, as the high bidder couldn't ship it as planned due to it's size. It's a very nice coach, and has been well maintained.
The item number is 300030384335.

What happend to your plan on purchasing it? It looks like a real sweet unit.

It seems that a lot of the Ebay motor bidding gets a no purchase ending to it. Why do people jerk a person around then give out every excuse under the sun on why they don't want it?

Did the Barth get bigger from the time you listed it until the time that it sold? What does "...couldn't ship it as planned due to it's size" mean?

My parents were looking at one coach and when it didn't sell thought that someone was playing a game to jack up the price so it would go for a higher amount. They justified that by asking "well then, how come the seller didn't give him a negative rating?" Then they wanted to know why the second place bidder didn't take it, why did he lower his reserve etc...

I was hoping my parents would get that other coach. Try as I might it just never felt right to them after that re-list. Sometimes a listing gets tainted like that.

Some people see an opportunity in a second chance offer and others see a crooked deal or the winner rejecting it because there's something wrong with the coach.

If the winner didn't take it... how come few people leave negative feedback on the Ebay motors site??? I would feel better about a re-list if I saw negative feedback left for the other jerk "winning bidder".

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, Nicely said!!! I don't think one can ever read too much in between the lines.

Posts: 4 | Location: springfield, OR | Member Since: 08-02-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jan:
Thanks Bill, Nicely said!!! I don't think one can ever read too much in between the lines.
It was a little soapbox speech.

Jan, I was going to say "welcome to the site" but seeing that you've been here for over 2 years I'll just say. "Glad to hear from you!" you're part of the silent majority. Hope you like the banter. Big Grin

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone,
My offer still stands on the coach at 5k. If, when I told him about the bidder bailing, he had said just take it for 5, I would have. If I have any trouble getting 7, I'm sure he will. I had a few locals view it, and several people asked to be notified if the sale failed. So, this morning I notified the 2nd and 3rd bidder, as well as those others who asked. If nobody makes a deal shortly, I would hope to end up with it. My wife and I have talked for hours about it, and almost raised our offer, just to claim it for ourselves and keep it long term. We're only 40 now, kids grown, and we're not really looking for an rv currently, especially so large. I'm sure I'll regret not offering more someday, as it appeals to the both of us a great deal. My whole family likes the owners so much, it would be like a family heirloom for us.

The buyer that bailed was really nice, and did pay for all my fees. His bid did not come without a hefty expense on his part. I have no hard feelings, and giving him a negative, would only result in myself getting one in return. I've worked hard in maintaining my 100% rating over the years, and don't want to jeopardize it, when he at least did the right thing, by paying all my fees. The feedback system on ebay is far from perfect, and negative comments are seldom left by sellers because of it. Even if he hadn't paid my expenses, I would have been hesitant to leave a negative. Instead I would have went through the process of getting some of my fees back, and left the seller with a "strike" against them. I think after 3 strikes, they're out anyways.

Had 2 calls today on it, and someone's coming right now to see it. Maybe this will be the one. My local ad says the price is firm, and to only call if you're ready to buy. So...I'll fill you guys in on any developments.
Tauber

Posts: 5 | Location: Washington state | Member Since: 09-15-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Barth is SOLD! Many thanks for letting me post it here!
Tauber