Search
Notify
Tools
1993 Barth 30’ Breakaway with 41k Miles
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1993 Barth 30’ Breakaway with 41k Miles

$34,700

Cummins diesel pusher with an Allison 4 speed automatic transmission.

18,000# GVWR
60 Gal Fuel Tank
7kW LPG Generator
44.5 Gal LPG tank
50 Gal Fresh Water Tank
40 Gal Grey Water Tank
26 Gal Black Water Tank

Immaculate interior and exterior; Awnings, New alternator; Upgraded FlexSteel Chairs; Newer Fridge / Freezer; Self Tracking Satellite TV with Receiver (Stationary use only and service required); DVD player, and many other extras

This was my father in law’s coach, and he kept it in perfect condition. Other than the entrance step not working, I am unaware of any mechanical issues with the coach. I am including all of the accessories necessary for immediate use, and plenty of other things too. I only want to get a fair price for my mother in law.

Please e-mail with any questions or for more detailed information. I also have pictures, but do not know how to insert them into this post.

Posts: 8 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 12-17-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear All,

This coach has 62,350 miles on it, not the 41,000 that I originally posted.

I am sorry about incorrectly stating the miles in the title of this thread. Please let me correct the amount of miles on the coach. There are 61k miles. I actually discovered this when I was looking up some tire information. There is a new speedometer / odometer in the coach that shows 15,460 miles. I misunderstood that number of original miles that my father in law told me it had. However I did find the original speedometer / odometer and the certification paperwork. There are 46,890 miles on the original. Hence, there are 62,350 miles total.

Once again, I am truly sorry about misstating the mileage.

Please e-mail with any questions.

Rob

Posts: 8 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 12-17-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks like a beautiful coach! Wish I was in a position to purchase it.

One question I have because of it's low mileage - is sitting most of the time harder on it that it being driven and used?

In other words, if someone bought it intending to fulltime, would driving it every week, after it sitting most of time for 12 years, be a problem?

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My father in law and I have been religious about running the coach for at least 30 minutes 1x per week. It starts right up every time. He also installed trickle chargers for the batteries and kept the coach covered up when not in use. The cover played out when we took it off before their last trip in October and we did not get a chance to replace it. Before he got sick, he also tried to get it out on the road 1x per month. That being said, I am not sure how much better it would have been to run it more.

Rob

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Running it once a month - on the road for at least 20 miles - is good. Running at idle without getting it rolling is bad; (the engine never warms up under no-load), and worse than not running it at all....also very important is the brand and type of oils used, and how frequently changed. I favor, in order, Shell Rotella T (disclaimer: I used to be a field rep for Shell's Industrial-Commercial division), Exxon/Mobil Delvac 1300, Kendall GT-1 Diesel* - or cheaper and just as good, Super DIII, and Chevron Delo 400 (distant fourth)....

*BTW, synthetics are wasted on diesels (tired of hearing me say that yet?)

Fortunately, the Cummins engines are pretty durable.

As I posted to rlobello in another thread, IMHO, 62K miles is better than 41K miles.

This coach would have been on my short list (I wanted front entry due to my Two Golden Retrievers, Who Are Not Spoiled going with me everywhere) had I not bought StaRV II last week..

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited February 05, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited February 05, 2006).]

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, we still have the coach for sale. My e-mail and phone number are:

rlobello@bak.rr.com

661-589-3742

Please call or e-mail with any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

posted Hide Post
To use a famous quote I've seen elsewhere:

This coach has been SOLD!

To Me!!!

Once again I am a Barther. I have yet to see it personally but have a good report from my daughter who lives out in LA who checked it out for me. I've always wondered if just after I buy a coach if an even better one will appear but if I can believe everything Rob has told me and my daughters evaluation (using Dave's handy checklist) I don't believe that can happen, not here, not now, not ever! (well maybe that's a little over confident but not at this price anyway). Keep looking all you that had thoughts. There will be more to come just not quite as nice as this one.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice going! I thought hard about this one. Are you actually going to drive it anywhere other than home to MI? I guess we'll look for it in the for sale column in the fall again.

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Nice Going on the Barth, When are you going after it. I bought the one off Ebay and going after it in a couple of weeks. Maybe come across together. I'm wondering what tools to take with me .

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure exactly when I'm going to pick it up. My daughters boy friend just bought a classic '66 GTO in Indiana so we are talking about maybe meeting in the middle after picking up each others "Dream" machines. The only problem I have with that is I'm affraid I might not want to give the GTO up once I meet up with him. hmmmm does anyone know if the Barth can pull a GTO? Otherwise my wife has a 2 week Spring break at the end of the month so I just might get her to cross the country with me for a change. I taken some beautifl trips but it sure would be nice to share them with someone rather than experiencing them all alone. And it is only going to MI (for now anyway)and you're right then back on the market in the fall unless I decide that this might be my keeper. It's the right size, has been totally redone I'm told and if D Coolave is right about the mileage this could get what more could I ever hope for?

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creepy Cawler:
I'm wondering what tools to take with me.

Test light, Flashlight w/ new batteries, assorted wrenches and vise grips, screw drivers, wire strippers, electrical tape, hammer, jumper cables.

If your even slightly concerned about your starting battery then replace it. Talk to the owner at length about any known issues and tricks to get it going if you have a problem. Get his cell and house number before leaving.

+80% of all road calls for me are electrical in nature. The other is simple mechanical items. Before leaving check the conditions of the belts and hoses. Top off all fluid levels. Put some water in the water tank in case you need it.

If your taking a diesel out for the first time consider that it could have "summer fuel" in it. That means treat the fuel with a good fuel conditioner. Howes works well. I use FPPF Products for my customers rigs. If you can get the current owner to start it and add the conditioners on the next warm day and drive it a few miles to get it mixed that is the best.

Winter and summer diesel fuel are two different animals. Fuel stabalizer alone is not good enough. After getting the couch make sure that you top off your fuel before heading into colder temps and add more conditioners.

Take my phone number (PM me for that) if you need any help on the road. I have access to a nationwide roadservice vendor database and might even be able to talk you thru a simple road breakdown.

Good luck to both of you on your new purchases!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Going on the Barth, When are you going after it. I bought the one off Ebay and going after it in a couple of weeks. Maybe come across together. I'm wondering what tools to take with me .

I'm glad you got this one second time around. Hope you got it in the $40 - $42K range, with the new tires. Your wife should be happy...

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
The 92 Breakaway that was on EBay with 29000 miles .Has anybody looked at it or know anything about it. I have made a deal with him and am suppose to go after it next week. It kind of bothers me why you buy and then decide to sell within a couple of months.

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought you checked it out in Ohio. It does seem strange why someone would sell it so quickly. Maybe they decided they didn't like motorhoming after all, after driving and living in it while bringing it back.