Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Canada ~ 1969 GMC Barth 27' Motorhome
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We saved this beauty from heading to the scrap yard about 5 years ago and put a lot of time and effort into restoring it. Mechanically fit, this beauty runs on a 8 cylinder gas engine, with dual gas tanks, gets surprising mileage considering its a small block on an automatic transmission. Bathroom is at the rear with small tub, toilet and sink. All original comfort options and appliances, except for the 3-way fridge (we still have it, but removed as it was not working properly, AC only fridge in its place). We added roof top AC unit. Rear twin beds converted to dual futon couches that convert to a King size bed for sleeping. Kitchen area has original, but restored dinette area that converts to bed. We removed all the carpeting and installed hard wood flooring throughout and have upgraded the front seats to newer and more comfortable versions of the originals. While we have struggled with the decision to sell it, it is simply too small for our needs. Very low mileage for its age. As far as we know, we believe this is the oldest (or at the very least on of the oldest) Barth motorhome still in use and on the road. We are looking for a good home so that we can be sure that this vintage vehicle will receive the care and appreciation that it deserves. We are asking 10,000 Cdn, but are open to reasonable offers. Couldn't post with pictures, but can provide by email if requested.

my phone # is 613 256-4525 and my e-mail is ronmoore@live.ca

Posts: 4 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Member Since: 08-15-2007Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Couldn't post with pictures, but can provide by email if requested.

I'll post them if you send them to me.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
iwould also like to see some pictures of this unit along with a detailed description of engine etc.please
firmbear

Posts: 37 | Location: New Holstein,wis | Member Since: 02-18-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two photos of the Moore Barth:

I believe this has the highest sail area to length ratio of any craft seen on this site. It would even make Captain Nat proud.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The engine is a 350 4 bolt main, 3 speed auto transmission, mileage is approximately 48,000 miles. It has dual gas tanks. Suprisingly good fuel consumption. It is still equipped with the original appliances, except the fridge. We have restored the dual single beds, but have put Queen size futons on each side with a board that enables the converstion to a King size bed.

I have sent the pictures via email - thank you for your offer to help.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Is this the oldest Barth motorhome still on the road? I don't think ANY 60s motorhomes have been here before this one, just trailers. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Victoria and Ron, where are you located in Ontario? Can you show us some interior pictures?
This one looks rather more modern than the 70s Regals with the bustle.
Quite a find and congrats to you for keeping this fine coach on the road.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are west of Ottawa. Sorry for the late reply, but we have been trying to get the most out of what is left of the season. As soon as we get it cleaned out from our last trip, I will get some pictures of the interior.

posted Hide Post
I tried to load a picture of what it looked like when we first got it, but no luck again. I went through the gallery last summer when I first heard about this site and if you go to page nine of the galler (D Basco), there is a brocure for "the 27'Barth. The interior of our is the floorplan detailed on the far left.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I recently saw a 1971 Barth and the Data tag was attached to the exterior of the coach, just under the front left lower clearance light. Does your coach have a tag that you could give us the info from?
Thanks,
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
No bustle and square headlights BUT take a look at the windows. Square corners! All the early 70's I can find had rounded corners. The bumpers aren't typical either. Can't wait to see if we can get the tag info to verify the vintage.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
The headlights were likely fitted later. Rectangular headlights first appeared on cars in about 1976. The windshield dates it as a very early one.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Because of no response by seller to several PMs, I'm going to move this to the "Sold Forum"

Thank you to the 2 members who tried to contact them. I also tried too.

If you are the owner of this coach and you would like it relisted, please provide additional contact info like a phone number or email address.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I received the following email from the seller.
quote:
Hi Bill , my name is Ronnie Moore , i received a phone call from a fellow concerning my 69 Barth, he was telling me that a few people were interested in it but could not reach me . Anyway my phone # is 613 256-4525 and my e-mail is ronmoore@live.ca. I still have the Barth and it is still for sale. If you have any questions get back me . Thanks Ronnie.
So, I'll put it back in the For Sale Forum.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
WOW, what an amazing looking rig for 1969. I'd love to have that towing my 1969 Pontiac Executive on some classic car road trips! Cool The towing capacity may not be up to the job, but it sure would be cool.

Did any photos of the interior ever make it through?

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been trying to get in touch with you with reguards your 1969 barth but so far i dont seem to have been able to make contact i life in buffalo ny and i am very much interested in your old lady she looks to be very clean indeed for a 1969 they built them well back then if you do get this message and still have her and she is still for sale then maybe we can sort out a new home for her my e.mail is willitho@roadrunner.com phone is 716-631-5076 look forward to hearing from you

Posts: 8 | Location: cheektowaga ny | Member Since: 09-01-2008Report This Post