Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
MI: 1996 - 23ft. Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/11
posted Hide Post
However, before I purchase my own leviathan I will have to get rid of a few appendages;

http://i60.photobucket.com/alb...er34O/JollyRoger.jpg

Posts: 17 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2009Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Nice appendages........are they Mercruisers? hmm

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/11
posted Hide Post
Yes, two 165 hp Mercruisers powering a custom 22' Bertram hull.

Posts: 17 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Ok Bill, don't wanna jump the gun but the Barth sold on e bay today. Naturally, the buyer has the right to refuse the product if it is not as described but I seriously doubt he will. It is all cleaned up and I even waxed the front and back up for him as they didn't shine as well as the sides and armor alled the tires. For now I guess I am Barthless but with any luck, not for long Smiler.
Oh yeah, I took the Barth over to my shop to do the final cleaning and picked up a nail in the interior rear passenger side tire head bang. (Obviously will have to fix that before he comes to pick it up)

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Hope the deal goes through, will be watching.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Ok,..this Barth has been sold. the story went a little like this...
I had to find out what was the problem with the tires so I took it over to Bell Tire and they confirmed that it was not a nail but the little valve extensions that I added on to make it easier to check my tire pressure. They removed them and I had my brother pick it up and drop it off at my shop while I went to pick up the buyer from the airport.

I brought the buyer and his buddy from the airport to my shop with total confidence in the integrity of the Barth on all levels. Then...

I started showing off all of the perfectly working systems...except, the dang hydrolic jacks would not extend...I could hear it click, but nothing. A few minutes worth of diagnosis later and I realized that the Coach batteries were low. (magnifacent...I keep this thing plugged in all the time but when I send it into the shop,..how could they possibly be low? hmm).. Anyway, I figured I would start the generator and that would charge it up enough to run the jacks.....CLICK....CLICK... head bang (O come on!.. You have got to be kidding me!) It gets worse..
Generator fires and the batteries charge up and I show the fellas how the jacks work and I brought them inside to explain how the buttons on the dash work.
I look over to the overhead compartments where the cabinet is that needs a new hinge and there is drops of water all along the edge of the cabinet head bang head bang head bang. Turns out that the dang ICC light gaskets were failing due to the ice on the roof (because of course there has to be an ice storm before the customer shows up)

I will not be mentioning the sales amount as it could upset the buyer. His name is Brad though and he may be asking questions. His intention is to use this Barth essentially as a tailgate machine. He will be contacting Flemming sales to get some new handles made and he may be changing the colors of the coach from MSU Green (My favorite) to the colors of his Almamater.
I wish him smooth sailing and I am not hard to find if he has any questions.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:

... Even in the UK, most of the larger towns and city roads are nearly impassable with anything but a car in single file.

Liz and I were driving across Scotland and left a fuel station just in time to watch a car transport realize, in the middle of a 5 way intersection, that it could not pass under the overpass ahead. Of course at this point there were numerous cars behind him and the oncoming traffic was in the intersection waiting for his passage so there would be no resolution for less than an hour. This was nearly as interesting to me as watching the multi-axle lowboy with a rear steerable axle not able to pass under a gas station cover and unable to keep from high centering as he tried to negotiate his way out of ignorance. Had he pulled forward 100 yards to begin the turn he would have had unobstructed passage.
Misery does not love company but it attracts a lot of gawkers.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Kris, it is called Murphy's Law! Wink

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:

Misery does not love company but it attracts a lot of gawkers.

That happened to me when I got hung up in my own driveway. It turned into a block party. Photographers, margaritas, chips and dip, everything but a band.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post