Search
Notify
Tools
MI: 1996 - 23ft. Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes! I walk away from the computer for a few hours and look at all the fun I miss! Ya know, when I saw the e-mail I figured it was a scam at first but as a precaution I answered politely. (I should have known that my bretheren here would be looking after me Smiler)
Viorel, please understand we mean no harm but have seen our share of folks with less than honorable intentions. We at Barthmobile are a tight knit group and are only looking after eachother.
With the Barth posted on E-Bay, I am contractually obliged to finish the auction and to be fair to all other bidders I felt it a good idea to let others see the message as I have nothing to hide.
When you post a vehicle for sale on E-Bay they warn you not to respond to private e-mail and the like. This is why we all, (myself included), get squeamish with the e-mail proposition off the site.
If you bid and win, you will find this Barth exactly as described or you would have the ability to tarnish my perfect record with e-bay (this protects you as you don't know me either).
Best of luck to you on the bid, and even though I am biased, I think this is about as good a deal you will find anywhere.
O yeah, one other thing, don't think just because you get a little flack at first that you would not receive the same support should you buy this Barth (or any other for that matter). We are just a little battle hardened thats all Shields Up.
Thanks for looking after me one and all! You guys are amazing! Big Grin

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
Picture of birddog
posted Hide Post
So what happened, did he buy it? It's like a little soap opera and I need to know the ending.

Posts: 29 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Member Since: 03-02-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO Nope, this Barth is still for sale. There is a fella from Florida that is interested but I believe the holiday has held up his ability to have his friend check it out. He seems like a good guy and he knows some people I have done work for. I am prety sure he knows the guy that did a bunch of work on this Barth which should ease any concerns of how well it has been maintained. Worst case scenario, I still have a dang nice Barth to camp in next season.
quote:
It's like a little soap opera and I need to know the ending.

Stay tuned for further updates in the continuing saga Computer

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
Picture of birddog
posted Hide Post
I love that little Barth and it's just what I'm looking for, just bad timing, if you still have it near summer, I'll be giving you a call.

Posts: 29 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Member Since: 03-02-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks much Smiler

posted Hide Post
This has been a amazing "story line" to follow! I can just imagine the complications on shipping a Barth overseas! Wow!

Please don't think this to be a really stupid question: "Does this Barth have both a toilet bowl as well as a shower?"

My hunch is that it only has a toilet because that was all that was necessary in its original configuration.

Thank you for your time in answering.

In search of a vintage Barth.

Posts: 8 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 10-24-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/11
posted Hide Post
If you wish to ship an rv to Europe, there is a first class book available written by a Florida couple who shipped their Dolphin from New Jersey to Belgium and spent two summers touring the continent and Great Britain. The book goes in to all the details you require for such a venture.

http://www.rv2europe.com/AboutOurBook.html

Posts: 17 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2009Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty cool site Roger, thanks.

One thing I picked up on is that their Dolphin is by US standards tiny, by Euro standards, well... standard. If anyone contemplated bringing their Barth or other full size Class A, I would caution them to think twice. Many European roads cannot handle the width, length or weight of our larger RVs. When in Italy last year I realized Italians had giant RV parking lots outside the city. Whether this was due to regulation or convenience, I'm not sure. I'm just thinking it would really stink to get their and find yourself stuck under a bridge with foreign police yelling at you. Unless, of course, your name is Chevy Chase!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Corey,
RV's parking outside the city is regulation in alot of Italian cities. Some, like Naples, you can drive thru.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
The buyer of our 1960 GM4104 (35ft bus) had it shipped from Jacksonville to Rotterdam. He had to remove the A/C (too high for loading into ship) and he told us thieving was a problem aboard due underpaid Phillipino crews. But it made the trip fine.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Moonbeam, not all of us own a Leviathan. I believe the max length of an rv in Europe is 36 feet. European buses and trucks are the same size as ours and their roads are well marked in Western Europe. Think of it. You can ship a 34' motorhome to Europe for a reasonable cost, find a decent caravan park in your favorite country and a enjoy an inexpensive mobile vacation home overseas which is easy to sell as Europeans covet American machines particularly if they are diesel.
Switzerland anyone?

In order to register the unit in Europe, you have to pay the vat tax.

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Leviathon? Corey, you said it was a Bluebird Wanderlodge?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
European buses and trucks are the same size as ours and their roads are well marked in Western Europe.

Go to this website and review the European vehicle size requirements.
http://www.internationaltransp.../road/pdf/dimens.pdf You will see that they are not the same as ours. For instance the maximum width is 2.55 meters which is 100 inches. My old Barth would not be legal in Europe at 102".

Beyond the differing legalities, the point I was trying to make is that taking a class A of any size to Europe is not for the meek, although there may be many that are within the size requirements. It would be foolhardy in my view (having traveled in dozens of European countries) to just arrive in Europe and think you can just drive anywhere you please. Even in the UK, most of the larger towns and city roads are nearly impassable with anything but a car in single file. Aside from the M roads, many back country roads have no shoulder, just a hard curbing. Forget about parking! And petrol stations are tiny off the major highways.

There is a reason Smart cars come from there!

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leviathon? Corey, you said it was a Bluebird Wanderlodge?

In Demonology, Leviathan is one of the seven princes of Hell and its gatekeeper. I don't think Roger meant it as anything but a compliment though cheers

posted Hide Post
Absolutely Moonbeam, I would love to have a Wanderlodge 36 with a Cummins diesel and I'll probably get one if there are no decent Regencys to be found. However, it would be nice to have an rv in Europe. The 80's and 90's Toyota configuration is ideal but you can't get insurance for a vehicle over twenty years old. Probably the best late model machine would be one based on the Mercedes Sprinter ie a Winnebago View or Itasca Navion at 24 feet. These machines can be picked up on eBay fairly cheap, shipped to Europe, lived and travelled in part time and sold three years later for what it cost to buy, ship and cough over the vat tax.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/itasca/navion/