Search
Notify
Tools
MI: 1996 - 23ft. Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
Ok...lets just suffice to say Tina and I are obliged to put the Barth up for sale. Before I get too much grief, I will buy another Barth soon enough, Guaranteed.

For the record, I will not be listing this unit on any other sites for a couple weeks as we would prefer to sell to someone here if desired.

1996 Barth Regal.
Data tag #- 9610-S0047-23R-01
31,xxx miles
Fuel injected 454
Sale Price- $10,000 or best offer. Keep in mind folks, I am reasonable and will not be holding on to this unit for years till I get this figure or anything like that. If someone wants to pick it up tomorrow though, I will pull the post at $10,000

Kris Jones (cell) xxx-xxx-xxxx from 8 A.M. to 8 P.M. Eastern time.

It has:
-New alternator 08'
-freshly sealed roof 08'
-new front air bags 08'
-new brakes in 08'
-new fuel lines 08'
-new halogen exterior lights (5 in all) 08'
-new d.c. exterior lights Whelan Brand (3 in all) 08'
-new front axle 09'
-new tires 09'
-new paint from top of green stripe down in 08'
-new batteries in 09'
-HWH Leveling jacks (new board and all new lines in 08')
-Dash A/c and heat that work perfectly (not cheap I have proof)
-Bowmar dash fans
-6500 watt Kohler generator (not new but it might as well be. I replaced nearly everything, I will explain later)
-noise insulation for gen compartment
-Insta-hot water in galley
-2 burner stove in galley
-stainless steel microwave
-Birch cabinets (I am pretty sure they are birch)
-New side entry door with screen
-Inverter with Charge wizzard
-110 v a.c. only refrigerator (works perfectly)
-Flexsteel captains chairs
-Flexsteel queen size sleeper sofa. (actually still has tag)
-Brand new hydraulic arms on all under body storage doors
-2 rooftop ac's (Duotherm) with heat strips
-2 electric toespace heaters
-new fan/light in bathroom
-Trailer brake actuator (works perfectly)
-Class 3 receiver freshly repainted in 08'
-New manual folding entry step 09'
-Am/fm cassette
-Bright headlights (this is nice, I will explain)
-Lighted entry grabrails

It needs: (I could fix these things but I have been real busy)

-New wheel simulator for drivers front wheel. (it has scratches and stuff)
-New entry handles from Flemming Sales (unless your name is Jones)
-One ceiling light has a bad ballast
-one storage door hinge needs repair over drivers seat (interior).
-windshield wiper motors (they both work right now but they go at a different pace and it just drives me nuts so I assume you wouldn't like it either.

note the dc lights here, these are the old ones.

Just thought I would throw this photo in of what it looked like when I bought it. I will post a pic with the new a.c. halogen lights down the line

the new Whelan (d.c.) lights

These are the handles that can be ordered for about 40 bucks a piece from Flemming Sales to say whatever you want.

A few more notes: God knows I am no salesman, but the best part about this coach is the fact that I have spent lots to get rid of a lot of little problems. Granted this is mostly because I like to tinker but still,.. I would have no problem driving this Barth to Alaska. Heck, it took my Dad and I home from Ft. Pierce Florida with no problems at all before I did all this work and all I did was check the fluids and air pressure.

Oh, and one last thing, I bought the unit on eBay for $7800 and put about 10,000 miles and $11,000 dollars into it since 08'.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Kris.

We also see your Barth .

We enjoyed verry much.
We check and I translated with ... coldness every word posted by you in connection with your vehicle.

We think is amazing.
We should like to have it.

My name is Viorel Cernat and 42 aged .

I am a married man ,and I have 2 twins boys of 15 years old.

We live in Bacau,Romania EUROPE.

In the last 8 months I have been looking for a motorhome with decent condition.

Now, I strongly believe in my chance .
I also hope now to be lucky.

Your vehicle is offered for sale on e bay.
There are three days left until end of the sale.

Until then I'll do a proper evaluation so I can have your approval to sell the vehicle to me.

So, for better communication, can I have your e mail address?

Thanks,
Viorel Cernat.
Bacau city
Romania.
viorel_cernat@yahoo.ca
Home land phone 0040 234 588 357
Mobile phone 0040 724 123 984
Work land phone 0040 234 545 979

Posts: 2 | Location: 1996 | Member Since: 12-10-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Dear Viorel,

This may be your lucky day! I have it on good authority that Kris, in addition to being a Barth owner, is also the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Booali. Unfortunately, a government over-throw forced him to flee, but not before he acquired the sum of 100 million dollars US, which he hid in a suitcase, just outside of Bacau City, Romania. Last I heard, Kris was offering a $10mil US Finder's Fee to anyone assisting him to retrieve this treasure.

If you wish to participate, please provide the following:

1. Full name, address & physical description
2. All your bank account numbers
3. All your credit card numbers
4. Cashier's check for $10,000US to serve as a Good Faith escrow (refunded when treasure is divided up)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee.
Please stop with this .... naivety.
Why not you look for a real work?

I am a worthy man, responsible and well educated.

Please find someone else.

Posts: 2 | Location: 1996 | Member Since: 12-10-2010Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am looking to buy a Barth regal .
I sow one on this site.
I really hope shortly to be a Barth owner.
viorel_cernat@yahoo.ca

Viorel,

I'm willing to believe you may be legitimate and if so I'll apologize for all Americans who are the most continuously scammed individuals on Earth making us very cynical.

Please provide us with two simple things:
Your phone number with times you can be reached and an explanation as to why you have a Canadian Yahoo account although you claim to be from Romania.

I recognize that sometimes translating can give the wrong message and I believe your translation software made you sound a lot like a Nigerian scam artist. Here's hoping you are a legitimate human being.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by viorel_cernat:
We live in Bacau,Romania EUROPE.
We have had one member who purchased a Barth from the left coast (Washington State I think) - drive it across the USA - ship it to England. I too was skeptical of that one as well.

In regards to this... His IP does ping from Bacau,Romania and his phone number doesn't seem to ring of a scam so he is probably legit.
quote:
IP: 86.124.22.71

Home land phone 0040 234 588 357
Mobile phone 0040 724 123 984
Work land phone 0040 234 545 979
Eyes wide open to Kris - Good luck on your potential purchase to Viorel Cernat.

One last thing... I've been in this coach and several other members inspected it in Milford Indiana - I am a Diesel Truck Mechanic and without a doubt can tell you that this coach is mechanically sound - I would not hesitate to drive this anywhere. New paint - everything works well!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Some research on the net shows Viorel posting on several Venezuelan bus sites looking for a rig. I am fairly convinced he's for real and would take him seriously.

Maybe Canada and Romania share the .ca designation, who knows.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I was skeptical because when I entered his name in a search engine most of the sites that came up were flagged by my virus scan. If he turns out to be legit, I will be the first to apologize. You have to admitt that this letter had all the earmarks of the scam letters we have all received.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have to admitt that this letter had all the earmarks of the scam letters we have all received.

Better safe than sorry.

If you sent an email or post in Romanian and used a web based translator, you too would sound like a scammer. I've never seen a scammer (of the Nigerian scam variety) dare post to a public board. It would be like scam suicide!!

The Jones' have their Barth on EBay and list Barthmobile in their ad. I'm sure that's why Mr Cernat contacted him here.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post

quote:
You have to admitt that this letter had all the earmarks of the scam letters we have all received.

He has a funny name. All my scheme letters come from people with funny names.

Guilt by association, I say. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Just to add a little humor to this:

email

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have just received a copy of Viorel Cernat's Romanian Identity Card.

I think he's is one to be taken seriously.

Corey saw it too. Looks legit to me. Corey, what are your thoughts?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have just received a copy of Viorel Cernat's Romanian Identity Card.

I think he's is one to be taken seriously.

Corey saw it too. Looks legit to me. Corey, what are your thoughts?

I would definitely take him seriously. Quite frankly, a con can't get your money if you're diligent anyway, all they could do is waste your time.

I would be very interested in Mr. Cernat if I were selling something he was interested in. I'm guessing he is the Romanian version of most Barth lovers, a high quality junkie with a panache for nostalgia.

It's also worth noting that many Euro countries tax new items at many times the rate of used. This makes used items very low quantity and high priced there. At some point smart buyers go abroad as shipping is easily overcome by the price differential.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Egads....I never meant to start such a firestorm over an attempt at a little sophmoric sarcasm Sorry

Viorel, I apologize.....You are who you say you are.....Your interest in a Barth acquisition is legitimate.

I hope you find exactly what you're looking for......

quote:
Why not you look for a real work?

...Aw geeze....NOW you sound like my wife Frowner (Let me hear you say, "You're late, and you smell like beer!")

Rest assured any future postings will be pre-scrutinized, edited, sanitized and guaranteed to offend no one Computer

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And to really add insult, in Romanian, Lee means Dirty Bathwater!

The great news is Cernat translates to Jones in English, so he won't need to change the lighted entry handle after all ROTFLMAO