Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    No Alternatives -- Desperation Sale -- '94 Widebody, Rear Diesel Pusher
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
No Alternatives -- Desperation Sale -- '94 Widebody, Rear Diesel Pusher
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Fellow Barth Folk:

Bad investment in daughter's home forces desperation sale of this Barth.

We all do what we can for our kids... sometimes it does not work out. So, here I am.

Hate to not have an RV, but no choice anymore.

Photos, info. at: http://policetek.mysite.com/ (ignore price listed).

Submit all offers... don't worry about offending or insulting me. Beyond hurt at this point. Just got to move on and keep digging out of this FUGAZI situation. Stuff happens.

Thanks, all. I appreciate all your help and advice since joining.

John

FEATURES AND GOODIES -- 1994 DIESEL PUSHER -- BARTH REGENCY
---- PHOTOS PAGE 1 ---- ---- PHOTOS PAGE 2 ---- ---- COACH FEATURES & GOODIES ----
I store the coach in a secure, patrolled, and fenced commercial RV storage facility in Oxnard, CA.

I can show the coach on Saturday or Sunday mornings only -- as early as 7:00 a.m., but starting no later than 9:00 a.m. Once at the coach, I am happy to spend as much time as needed to answer your questions and take the coach for a spin up the Coast.

If you have questions or wish to make an appointment to see the coach, please contact me via e-mail at xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com Or call us at xxx-xxx-xxx, ext. xxxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thank you!
FEATURES AND GOODIES!

- $42,000 OBO -- All REASONABLE OFFERS are welcomed.

- 1994 BARTH DIESEL PUSHER

- Approximately 34 feet

- ~43,000 miles
- Clean title
- Current registration (through December, 2008!!!)
- WideBody
- Classic bus look
- Gillig chassis (the famous bus chassis company)
- Airbags
- Alcoa wheels
- Toyo 9R-22.5 (two new front tires 7-07)
- Cummins 6CT 8.3 (equivalent to ~250 HP)
- Full Banks Kit (equivalent to approx. 300 HP total)
- Allison transmission
- Hydraulic levelers -- HWH -- (new left front jack 10-07)
- PacBrake
- Prodigy tow connect
- Cruise control
- KingDome satellite television dish (auto find)
- Direct TV (box must go back to Direct upon sale)
- Wired for XM satellite radio
- Kobata 7500-watt generator (3 cylinder) with remote startup switch in bedroom
- Newer TurboCharger (repaired loose connections 9-07)
- Newer alternator
- Newer Norcold 1200 side by side fridge + freezer, 4 doors, and 4-way powering
- Cedar closets
- Newer deluxe queen size bed (walk around)
- Great storage inside and outside
- Two color TVs
- Beautiful, solid Oak cabinetry
- Fantastic fan
- Regular fan
- Airhorn
- Dual flexsteel lather pilot & co-pilot seats
- Tilt wheel
- Cobra CB radio
- Spotlight
- Vinyl headliner
- Power mirrors
- AM-FM radio/cassette
- Backup camera (B/W)
- Corian counters
- Stainless steel sinks (2) in galley
- Microwave/Convection oven (large)
- Dinette (2 chairs)
- Utility fold-out table
- Full-size couch/sleeper
- Hardwood floors in galley
- Massive Propane tank
- ~ 90 Gallon diesel gas tank
- Two Air Conditioning units (cold!)
- Dash Air actually works (a rarity!)
- Dash Fans
- BBQ with Propane hookup
- Tool Box in storage bay on slide tray
- Roof ladder
- Solar trickle charger
- No leaks
- Utility lights
- Easy sewer hookup (hoses, etc. included)
- ~60-Gallon Water Tank
- ~60-Gallon Grey Water
- ~30-Gallon Black Water Tank
- Surge Protector (50 Amp)
- 30-amp conversion plug
- Indirect lighting
- Standard lighting
- Electric stair
- Hair dryer
- Lots of AC outlets
- 3 DC ports for smaller inverters (for PC operation, for example)
- 50 and 30 Amp
- Deep Cell Marine batteries (2 new batteries 9-07)
- Utility lights
- Generator starter switch in bedroom
- DVD, CD, VHS Players
- Cable TV hookup (never used due to satellite)
- Water filter (inside and outside)
- Glass shower
- CO2 detector
- Awnings/shades and screens (newer) on all windows

Posts: 28 | Location: So. California | Member Since: 10-29-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
John,

I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope that you don't get beat up too badly in a distress sell. Good luck with your daughter and keep us informed on the sale of your coach.

You might want to try ebay. I sold a truck for more then any dealership or local person was willing to give me. I also saw a 1987 Barth go for 19k just a few weeks ago and it wasn't a widebody.

I offer you this option. It will get your coach seen by more people and it will help you determine what a fair market value is for your coach if you list it without a reserve. Just food for thought.

I believe that you can add a disclaimer that says you reserve the right to sell it locally as you have it listed for sale elsewhere. By listing it without a reserve, you can see for yourself what the market is willing to truly offer you. By listing it on Ebay you'll have more people see it then the Barthmobile website.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your kind words and suggestion.

I will certainly give it a try. Do you know of any primers or "ebay for stupid people" type books? Or web sites that sort of provide newbie info?

Thanks again, Bill. Much appreciated.

John

Posts: 28 | Location: So. California | Member Since: 10-29-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Jacobson:
Do you know of any primers or "ebay for stupid people" type books? Or web sites that sort of provide newbie info?

Here is a link that might be useful:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-...n&q=ebay+for+dummies

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The first question is... Do you have an Ebay account?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of izomage
posted Hide Post
I think the Bills give good advice, and you may not want to procrastinate on this. Its not a good time to sell houses, let alone large fuel hungry vehicles, but I can almost guarantee it is better now than it will be any time in the future. I have been watching eBay and Craigs List obsessively for almost one year now and while there have been a couple of ( what appear to be ) really astute purchases they are overshadowed by excessive prices being paid. Last December I went to Lazy Days in Tampa to pick up a Breakaway 33 for $32500, "as is" sale price. I figured the most it was worth was $30K, but, what the hell, at least its on the east coast. In the flesh she was not as handsome as the photos and description and I decided not to pay top $ for that machine. They wouldn't adjust the price until I was headed for the Taxi, but at that point my Barth fever had subsided to the cold calculating old auction hand of my former self. I could have bought that coach for $30K then, and I'm very confident they would have accepted $28K several weeks later. Eventually it was wholesaled to another dealer and offered on EBay. If I remember correctly top bid was about $26K and didn't meet reserve. Second time on EBay it brought over $33000. The new owner has never posted to this site that I am aware. As to offering your coach with or without a reserve, I don't know? If I wasn't leaving for a China excursion in a couple weeks I would bid on that nice Barth with or without a reserve. I mean what have you got to loose except a little bit of time? On second thought maybe you should wait until say, September, to offer your Barth, I will be back then and am almost positive that diesel fuel will be cheaper than gas ( less refining cost ) and gas will return to two bucks a gallon once the oil executives are arrested, convicted, and hung in public.

Posts: 57 | Location: Severna Park, Maryland | Member Since: 08-12-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
There are people out there that believe the prices might take a plunge if Congress stands up and does the right thing. That being a few changes in the speculation of oil futures. If I understand correctly, if you are in the soy bean world of speculation, you have to have 50% of the value you are speculating on. Speculation in oil futures only requires 5% giving people the ability to play with a lot of money they don't have. If Congress put restraints on oil speculation and requires the same 50% of cash up front, we might see a drastic turn of events. This might actually be a shame if people say "great, I can keep my gas guzzling Suburban!" I'm sure glad I dn't have mine anymore! If that happens, the buyers market on RV's might disappear overnight and the speculators might be buying handguns for a singular use when their new wealth turns to tremendous debt. Although I hate the high fuel prices, it would be nice to see the USA get away from our addiction to oil. Then we can buy fuel for our tremendously fuel efficient RV's at bargain basement prices. Big Grin What am I getting at? It is a gamble but, it might be better to hold on for a few weeks if you can. Keep in mind, you're counting on Congress to do the right thing. That might be difficult if they have any hand in the speculation as individuals.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I've said for some time that a least part of this problem was the oil speculators. But they have a lot of power. If I were betting, any change in their rules will be superficial, especially with the current congress and administration. Will the 'new' congress/administration have the guts to do anything like this? Maybe. But my feeling is that the major push will be some combination of more off-shore drilling, alternate fuels with big tax breaks to use them, some close to mandatory usage restrictions, and more arm twisting on the supply side. Of course another war in the mid east throws everything I've just said in the waste basket. I,too, would wait another two weeks or so. Not much longer. Heck, I'd buy it now if I had the money. It's fuel economy is just as good as my 28' Regal. BTW John, what a beautiful coach. I'm salivating. But I too have dumped too much money into one of my kids real estate mess and now they're getting divorced. I'll probably never see a dime. But like you say, we do whatever we can, many times without thinking of personal consequences.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
I've said for some time that a least part of this problem was the oil speculators.

Yesterday's WSJ has an interesting article. Naturally, the writer takes an opposing view.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121426347400898321.html..._money_and_investing

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
We'll see. My thought was and still is that these 'speculators' were just a bunch of idiots driven by emotion and very bad poker players. Whether or not the rules they operate by have anything to do with it is left to be seen.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Speculators (for that matter, all but a very few "analysts" or "investment managers") are lemmings.

Sooner or later the Lead Lemming guides the masses over a cliff...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Can we please help these poor guys out by putting up some signs to the nearest cliff.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
They have an unerring ability to find it on their own.

Evolutions like this depend on the "Last Idiot Rule": Prices rise until the Last Idiot looks around and there is no one to take his position off his hands at more than he paid for it...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen this coach or know anything about it?
thanks
catman

Posts: 4 | Location: albuquerque | Member Since: 09-22-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
well i hope you get what you need not a good time to sell.put a reserve on the coach if you go with ebay i watch the listing for bus conversions and its not good some i would like to get just becuase of the price . sorry for urr misfortune.

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Report This Post