Search
Notify
Tools
CA. 1978 Barth 24'
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of twentyfourfoot
posted
This Barth Has Sold!

Up for sale is my 24’ Barth Motor home. It has been well cared for since new. Barth Motor homes have always been known for their quality construction. The entire body is made from aluminum components for lighter weight, greater strength and a lower center of gravity. Instead of being framed in wood, it’s in aluminum. Built to last .The smooth aluminum exterior has a retro look that is timeless. The Chevrolet drive train , along with the GM chassis make parts and service easy to obtain. This is a real example of a vintage Barth, that has been treated with respect.

It is a 1978 year model that has been kept fresh and ready to go its whole life. When not in use, it's been kept in a secure covered storage. It has 90,000 miles, and still runs and drives nicely. Before any major trip it has always been inspected and serviced accordingly. The service work has been done religiously every 3000 to 3500 miles and the drive line is in good shape. I would not hesitate to drive to the east coast in it.

The exterior is all original and in excellent condition .There are no dents to the body and has some small chips to the painted stripes, but they still look great. All the glass is in good shape. The aluminum exterior is not polished, but could be, to ones brightness desired.

The interior is very nice and comfortable. Has a drop down twin bed above the cab, which has a foam mattress and has been used very little. The sitting/dining area has an "L" shaped bench and dinette table that extends out from the bench, with a matching bench near the door.5 or more people can eat at the table, and the benches have 5 seat belts. The kitchen counter matches the table as well as a matching cloth fabric in the cab and the upholstery on the front seats. A matching cover made for the stove, so when it's not in use it provides more counter space. The carpet is all in good shape and clean as well as the wall coverings.

The cabinetry is in excellent condition with only slight wear. The refrigerator is a Dometic with separate freezer door that is clean and works as it should. At the very bottom of the refrigerator there is some rust where the bottom of the door meets the refrigerator. The stove top and oven also work as they should with little signs of use, and still work well. Towards the rear next to the stove/oven, there is a narrow pull out pantry with lots of storage. Across the aisle from the stove, is a large closet which has a wooden drawer cabinet inside. There is also storage under the bench with various other cabinets, and overall, lots of storage.

In the rear of the coach is a bedroom and bath. The bedroom has a double bed ( aprox. 47 by 75 inches.) The bath has a new toilet with sink and shower, which is in excellent condition.

The engine is a 454 Chevrolet with a Turbo 400 transmission, just serviced. It has 2-50 gal fuel tanks, and gets 8-10 miles to the gallon .Across the front suspension is an extra leaf spring running horizontally to help maintain stability. The front suspension has adjustable air bags as well to cushion the ride and provide added stability.

Has front and rear sway bars, and a receiver type trailer hitch that holds the mount for the spare tire .Has Headman headers for improved performance as well as better fuel mileage. The tires are new and there are stainless steel wheel covers that go with it. The 4kw Onan generator is in excellent shape with only 111 hrs, and has just been serviced as well. The brakes are in good shape and it has an air conditioner in the cab as well as a roof mount ac/heater .They both work well.

To the best of my knowledge, this Barth has very few issues. As I mentioned, a little rust on the exterior bottom lip of the refrigerator door when the door is open. The exhaust fan for the stove/range is a little loud but is not bothersome. There is a little piece of duct tape on the rear wall of the bedroom that tells me the wall covering was not adhered well but I never took it off. There are gauges on the dash that show the levels of the holding tank, propane, etc that seem to be inaccurate, and have operated that way for many years. The foot light at the base of the screen door is disabled since it seems to stay on most of the time.

Being a self contained unit, it has holding tanks for water and sewage as well as a propane tank, electrical converter, etc. It has storage boxes on the roof and the awning is in good shape. Has a Winegard roof mounted amplifier type television antenna. Exhaust fan in the bathroom as well as in the kitchen area. I have the original owner’s manual as well as all component literature. Has an additional “toe heater” in the kitchen that operates on 110v. Fog lights, Microwave (stored in closet), spare tire and jack.

This is an awesome Motor home that is comfortable and affordable.

Charles -*&^%$#@!@yahoo.com -

Posts: 10 | Location: northern california | Member Since: 11-07-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Edited by Rusty to include these photos

Posts: 10 | Location: northern california | Member Since: 11-07-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
It's priceless!

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Charles, you are to be commended for the detailed description and the excellent photos. What is the asking price?

In search of a vintage Barth.

Posts: 8 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 10-24-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Katoman1932:
Charles, you are to be commended for the detailed description and the excellent photos. What is the asking price?
Thanks,I want eleven thousand.

posted Hide Post
I want to thank Bill for guiding me through this and Dick in Pennsylvania for the info.Rusty I guess there is a picture of the sink along with the mirror in the bathroom floating around on the site somewhere.Thanks Charles

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twentyfourfoot:
I want to thank Bill for guiding me through this... I guess there is a picture of the sink along with the mirror in the bathroom floating around... somewhere.Thanks Charles
No problem... I inserted those missing images, you must have gotten turned around because they were (past tense) "floating around" in the photo upload tutorial. I removed some other images that needed to be edited/rotated and placed them in here too. You're also pinned on the "Barth Coaches For Sale Map" and properly listed in our data tag project.

Looks like I'm done here: Up, Up and Away... Who was that masked man? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, if somebody GAVE you a fixer-upper, and you worked for free, you still couldn't wind up with this nice of a coach for 11 grand. Thumbs Up

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Impressive. My 78 was no were near as nice when we started working on her.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted Hide Post
Danel and I personally veiwed and drove charles 78 barth,it's a first class coach.In my opinion,eleven thousand is a very reasonable price.If one considers the time and money that it would take to bring a neglected coach to this condition,eleven thousand is a real bargain.Almost as nice as the 70 barth we purchased in ohio.
quote:
If you cant fix it with a hammer,it's probably electrical

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This Barth Has Sold!

This Barth Has Sold!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted Hide Post
Who's the lucky person? Tooling Along

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Report This Post