Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1979 BARTH
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
I am posting this for a member here. Duane has the screen "THE BARTH" here in our community. This is the coach he has for sale.

The picture I dug up from our data tag project. It was previously posted for sale here on Barth Coaches Sold.
Listed in our Data tag project the Data Tag is S78082485MC24S-26. I am awaiting a new folder. We will be adding recent pictures of this Barth soon. If you would like to call the owner Duane, he can be reached at 850-375-9727.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And here is the most recent picture of the Data Tag.

Duane, please send some ne pictures for our members to view.

posted Hide Post
Hello everybody,let me introduce you to.... "THE BARTH"! It is one of a kind! There isn't another one like it still rolling today!Before I bought it,I looked and followed post for months , I went back to a post that was 3 years old and followed it till I got it! I know what was out there then,and now,Nothing compares!This was the best of all the others I'd been looking at online.It has its own personality and vibe,and why not?It's been alive for 40 years! If you haven't followed the post to the old Ad that Kevin was kind enough to find,do yourself a favor and go there now.I could not begin to post a better description or photos than"24 Foot" did when he sold it originally. I will tell you that all he list in the description still holds true unless I removed or improved upon it.A few things I removed were the awning,it was dry rotted,and the cargo shells that were on the roof,and the small railing around the ladder at the rear roof.These last 2 items contributed to several holes drilled in the roof.I will list all the work I've done in another post ,its extensive,so enjoy the original ad like I did before I bought it! It truly is ONE OF A KIND! That is why we all refer to it as "THE BARTH"!

Posts: 5 | Location: Huntington Beach California | Member Since: 06-20-2018Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this your shiny old Barth?

posted Hide Post
HA HA,YEAH,THAT'S IT! Quote from original for sale post:"shine to ones brightness desired"... So I had it professionally polished in January here at Orange Coast Auto Body/RV here in Huntington. That was a big chunk of change! But my intent from the moment I bought it was to fix it up to full time in ,and some RV parks dont allow 10 years or older so I thought it might increase my chances of getting in and ...just look at it!

Posts: 5 | Location: Huntington Beach California | Member Since: 06-20-2018Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry for the duplicates, but that is what you sent Duane. As soon as I get a message to Bill NY he will try to eliminate the duplicates and turn the sideways pictures. Good luck with your sale.

posted Hide Post
Sorry for all the duplicates.Automotive Excellence auto repair in Placerville ,outside Sacremento, did all the engine repairs,( so when I flew in from Florida with my 6 year old grandson,we just cranked it up and drove all the way across the US, back to Pensacola,Florida).They redid the brakes including new lines ,new fluid,bled,master cylinder was just done,oilchange,new hoses,new belts thru out,removed and replaced All fuel lines,remove and install fuel tank,speedo cable,fuel level sending unit,replace rubber brake lines,remove and replace 3 batteries,remove and replace all clearance lights, all functional,remove and replace all 3 drive belts,repair and replace all headlights,fuel filters,windshield wiper nozzles cleared and operable. Motor Home inspection performed LP leak check and was all good.In the inspection they found large leak in fresh water tank ,black water tank,roof leaked ,mold on back bedroom wall(there was another owner inbetween myself and the original poster "24 Foot" that was overwhelmed with taking care of this baby,so I had to do alot of repairs from damage he inflicted in the attempt to keep her alive.)The mold was stopped on the back wall with bleach by former owner,but he spilled the bottle under the refrigerator and left a stain that is still there and on the wall,these are cosmetic and dont effect liveability or performance.Inspection also found the sink leaked. So after my grandson and I drove it from Sacremento to Pensacola,FL, I found a shop to have all the other repairs done. NEW ROOF 1 SHEET OF SEMI TRUCK ALUMINUM DONE IN MARCH 2015,NEW BLACK WATER TANK,NEW FRESH WATER HOLDING TANK,NEW HOT WATER TANK,2 NEW FANTASTIC FANS withmoister sensor and remotes,BRAND NEW DOMETIC AIR CONDITIONER,NEW PLUMBING UNDER SINK,NEW FAUCET with sprayer nozzle ,NEW OUTLETS INSTALLED THRU OUT COACH,NEW CABLE CATV OUTLETS INSTALLED ON OUTSIDE COACH AND IN FRONT DINING AREA,AND BEDROOM,NEW HD ANTENNA INSTALLED,NEW BATTERY INVERTER INSTALLED IN FRONT,NEW ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP,NEW HEAVY DUTY STARTER INSTALLED,NEW SPARK PLUGS,DISRTIBUTER,NEW HEADER GASKETS,NEW 2GAUGE BATTERY CABLE,FUEL TANK SELECTER SWITCH,FUEL SWITCHING VALVE,FUEL CONNECTER,LOW PRESSURE FUEL VALVE, AND AN OIL CHANGE,AND 6 NEW TIRES AND ALIGNMENT,DONE THE WEEK BEFORE MY GRANDSON AND I DROVE BACK ACROSS THE UNITED STATES TO HUNTINGTON BEACH CA.WE HAVE DRIVEN THIS BARTH ACROSS THE US 2 TIMES!!! HOW MANY BARTHS CAN SAY THAT? THE BARTH is ready to go,ANYWHERE!I put my heart and soul and savings into bringing this beauty back to life,it deserved it! Here is your chance to own a very unique RV,

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Duane, nice name..lol

You must have a small if not a large fortune invested here, what do think it is worth, or your asking price??

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2045 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You are the only other DUANE I know of, and the reason I'm not DUANE on here, ha ha! I did spend my entire life savings to make it road ready and full time liveable, but life happens and plans change,things you cant control,my mom passed away in October,right before we got here, so I am now responsible for my grandson and its a little cramped for me and him and 3 cats and a dog and motorcycle and toys.So I am asking 19,000.00 ,I have at least 25,000.00 in it.You dont have to fix her up ...shes fixed!Thanks, Duane (850)375-9727 duaneadkins64@icloud.com

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I would have guessed more than $25K. I have invested much less in my 25 footer, but to bring it up to the level of your coach I think I might exceed your 25K.

If I were a rich man would consider, the change!

I sure hope the right person comes along and you can get your asking price, sure is a beautiful machine. Good luck Duane, From Duane88 lol

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot DUANE , I didn’t ask for what exactly I had in it I was trying to be Reasonable and fair to both parties I offered it here hoping that a true Barth lover will continue to take care of her

posted Hide Post
SOLD! Just wanted to say that we bought the Barth from Duane, and our family loves her already! My 17-year old son and I flew down to Huntington beach and drove her home to Port Angeles, WA. It was a great adventure, and it's a pleasure to know Duane, who put a lot of love into her. The A/C is modernized and blows cold (thank goodness- it was a hot trip). The radiator fan clutch seized in Fortuna, CA, but that was fixed without much drama. We also ran out of fuel in Vancouver, WA, so gas gauge repairs on both tanks are job #1 after that. Otherwise, she ran like a champion. Looking forward to being one of the Barth nuts!

Posts: 6 | Location: Washington State | Member Since: 06-23-2018Report This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome Steve M that is one good looking coach, enjoy!!! My wife refers to us as "Barth Weirdos" lol

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
cheers Welcome Steve M. Thumbs Up When I was helping the previous owner member Duane (Screen Name "THE BARTH") post his Barth for sale it appears you got the buy of the millennium. Good luck and Happy RVing. There is a lot of good information here on Barthmobile.com if you use the search feature.
I am sure you have noticed no ads (except for a Barth for sale), no pop ups or banners are on our website. We are 100% member supported.