Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Barth for sale Ft. Lauderdale MUST GO $4500 OBO
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Barth 32' coach for sale. Has a few issues, this was my brother in-laws motor home and he took real nice care of it. It has the sought after CAT 3208 diesel in the back, Spartan Chassis, aluminum wheels with brand new tires all around, 2 roof a/c's. He went to start it the other day and it was not getting strong fuel pressure at the injectors. His guess is it is an injector pump. $800 rebuilt on ebay, and repair instructions on youtube. He has paid to have it registered and insured the last two years and has not used it so it must go. He removed the generator to keep for the house and either it sells or it crushes. Hate to see this beautiful Barth destroyed. If anyone is interested in saving this bus please e-mail me, or text or call me @ 9546059459 as soon as possible. Thanks, Kelly

Posts: 5 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Member Since: 05-12-2015Report This Post
Picture of davebabe
posted Hide Post
Kelly. What Model is this Bus? when did It last run or drive on its own? Can you provide some photos please. or send to me privately. I am registered user here. Does engine start or run ?

david

Posts: 10 | Location: north carolina | Member Since: 08-23-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It sounds like 32' Regency on a Gillig chassis. Spartan chasses sport Cummins engines. Nevertheless, generator notwithstanding, it's a lot of coach for the $$$.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never heard a 3208 called sought after!!!

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moisheh:
I have never heard a 3208 called sought after!!!

exactly what I was thinking Confused

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies, I did not see the questions on this site. This Barth has been put on Ebay, and will be sold tonight at 11:00PM EST. The bid is now at $3600, and there are many pictures of the coach. It's selling as the bidding started at $2000 no reserve. If your interested, please put in a bid and good luck.

posted Hide Post
P.S.
I said sought after because it's a turbo charged 300 H.P. Cat 3208, and not the 250 H.P. model. It was first registered in 1991, however paper work shows that the coach was ordered 7/18/1986, and the chassis came from Spartan in 4/1989.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
The 250hp CAT 3208 is turbocharged, not naturally aspirated (210hp). The 300hp 3208 is a "TA" -- turbo charged AND after-cooled. If you have the latter, you will have an additional radiator. I have seen the build sheet for a Foretravel with the option of 300 vs 250 for a CAT 3208. It was a $10,000 option.
Extraordinary lag between time of order and time of production.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Barth Regency option sheet I'm looking at shows the suggested List Price of a 32' w/ Gillig or Spartan Chassis, 3208 Caterpillar Diesel 300 HP Turbo.....$227,600.00
32' Gillig or Spartan Chassis, 3208 Caterpillar Diesel 250 HP Turbo....$218,450.00
So $10,000 would be a real close estimate. I apologize for any other mistakes in my listing, I am not a professional when it comes to Barth and can only go by the build sheets and information I'm given. The same coach with a 6CTA 8.3 Cummins Diesel 240 H.P. Turbo was $211,700.00 for info purposes.
Thanks

posted Hide Post
This Barth was listed on Ebay, and sold for $6800.
Thank you all for your interest.