Search
Notify
Tools
FL. 1975 Class C 22'
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
the last report from a day or so ago said it was still available.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
True to form, I would make a project out of it, and convert it to a lifted 4WD with Tru Tracs for extreme boondocking.

Or lift it off and put it on a 4WD van chassis.
How much trouble would it be to put a new/different chassis under it????

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:

How much trouble would it be to put a new/different chassis under it????

I think I would consider converting the existing chassis to 4WD by buying a donor 4WD van or pickup and using whatever it took.

As mentioned earlier, I would not really have any good ideas until I had laid underneath it and studied it, and a potential 4WD vehicle. the rub would be the front drive set up and engine pan clearance. I don't really know if the engine sits higher in the 4WD frame or if the suspension is lower down to allow the front drive shaft and diff room to work. Studying a 4WD van would be a good start. Then study a 4WD truck of similar year and see if they use the same parts.

I would get on some 4WD forums and ask around. These guys are real parts swappers and adapters.

Never had a Chev 4WD, so not much knowledge, here.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
James,

I've emailed you several times, but no answer on this Barth. Is it still available?

Maybe one of us has spam protection that is interfering. Send me your phone at cnoble7@tampabay.rr.com and I'll call instead.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what a new cutaway chassis costs? would a sprinter fit? can the current chassis be fitter with a more modern drive train?
W&B Knocke

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
because of a lack of response I am moving it to the sold forum. It might still be available???

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post