Notify
Tools
Danny Z's Euro 28' 1981
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I don't know - some guy who'd live in his Barth with two dogs is weird...

Oh, wait... D'oh

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I don't know - some guy who'd live in his Barth with two dogs is weird...

Oh, wait... D'oh
Thumbs Up cheers

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Well, todays the day. I'm about to lose my credentials to the Mary Ray society. Spent yesterday afternoon going over everything, checking fluids etc. She's been a fine coach and I hope the new owner Phil enjoys her as much as we did.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Danny, you know today is April Fool's EVE? It is also Easter EVE. Does that make tomorrow Easter Fools?
Good luck with the new Barth. Let us know when you have the Green in your hand, so Bill or Rusty can bump this over to the sold forum. Happy Easter Fools EVE.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well I hate to see you out of the society but you can't be selfish and keep too many Barths to yourself. Good luck with the sale. Had a great time with you at Oak Haven.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The Euro finally left the driveway for the last time yesterday. The new owner, Phil, even called to let me know he made it home fine. Said it never vapor locked till he turned onto his road, and then only for a second. He seems to think he can cure it and isn't worried. Back to being a 1 Barth household around here!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good to hear it has found a good home. Sadly, I will have to strike your name from the prestigious Mary Ray Society roster.
Your personal info is another matter. It will take six months to delete that. Meanwhile it may not be secure...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok so back to vapor lock!! I was thinking, "don't think Duane" as my Dad used to say to my Mom. What if I install and tee in a fuel line before the manual fuel pump, route it to the carburetor with a shut off valve in it. I have an electric fuel pump installed just after the 6 way fuel tank valve. When I feel a miss and suspect VL I open the valve, by-passing the vaporized area and hopefully putting fuel directly into the fuel bowl, but also still suppling the manual fuel pump.

Nose seems to VL mostly after a long drive on a warm day, stopping for fuel, entering any slow down or stopped zone.

20 dollar fix instead of a 1500 dollar TBI!
Comments, thoughts????

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post