Notify
Tools
Danny Z's Euro 28' 1981
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Almost official, so I'll put it up here. Lots of good stuff that I've done but lots of 36 year old problems too. This is just to get anyone thinking about it getting serious.
Sitting in her tonight thinking someone will be doing the same for $4G or so makes me want to find a good match.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Danny perhaps my experience will help someone decide to buy your Euro, I bought mine for 2k (it sat around unused for at least 2 years) and have very close to 6k in it now, and to get it where I want it, perhaps another 2k. Plus maybe 350 hours, but I am 73 so a bit slow. You are offering a good deal.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
Hay Danny your Photobucket link doesn't work.

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
HEY DANNY WHAT WILL YOU BE TAKING TO THE HILLSBOURGH GTG IF YOU SELL YOUR RIG. pAUL

Posts: 87 | Location: fenelon falls ont. | Member Since: 06-27-2012Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hopefully he will have the "new" 79 27 ft Barth. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
It should be the new 79. Suzie and I are already planning making it our own but nothing that should keep it off the road. And Sammi of course.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The Euro is officially for sale, but I have a few things to do before I let it go, #1 being installing the new holding tank.
I wish I could say this is a cherry old RV but I kinda like to be honest and it really is pretty rough around the edges. The interior is very nice, no mildew or odors or anything like that, but the windshield drips a bit when it really rains hard.
The 1" tubing on the underside is rusted pretty bad, as is the wheel wells and pretty much everything made of steel down there.
The suspension is only OK. I thought it was good until I drove our new one, but now I know what can be done.
I never could figure out how to stop that damn vapor lock, but the 454 runs strong beside that and burns no oil.
I got 8. 3 MPG the last couple times I checked it using Interstate milemarkers. The speedO doesn't work, never has since I owned it and I don't know why.
The tires are off the new one and look great but are older than most people on this site think they should be.
The awning is very good, and works flawlessly.
The Onan 5000 starts from the inside or out and runs great, and will run the roof air, which is about 8 years old.
The fridge is also about 8 years old, 110 and propane works fine.
The toilet is a high Thetford, but currently dumps onto the road, but that will be fixed.
To be as honest as I can, this coach would make a great hunting cabin, or if you're as talented and driven as Richard, it could be restored to a fine coach.
When I get the new holding tank in and have everything up to snuff I'm going to put it out there for $4500.
Barthmobile price-$4000

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny and all I ran across this post about fuel injection of GMC motorhomes (73-76) http://www.gmccoop.com/gmc-mot...ctionvs-carberators/

Seems to solve the vapor lock problem.
ps the slide show doesn't work
Wayne

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Report This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Geez I just read that link about fuel injection, I really think a TBI is the way to go, but I have no idea what that guy said, SteveVW please read that post and S'plain to me!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd bring this up again. Haven't really done anything yet but I'll be getting at the holding tank installation now that I have a little time. I fired up the engine and the genny for some lookers the other day and they ran very well.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Thought I'd bring this up again. Haven't really done anything yet but I'll be getting at the holding tank installation now that I have a little time. I fired up the engine and the genny for some lookers the other day and they ran very well.

How far did the lookers run? D'oh

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just about done installing the new holding tank. Today will be spent putting some more gas in her so the genny will run, and cleaning up. Had 2 more lookers yesterday. Niether had ever heard of Barth so they thought my price was a little high for an 81 until they stepped inside. One thing they both asked was if I'd consider selling the 79 instead! Sitting next to each other the 79 really looks a lot nicer. No interest from anybody here so next week I'll put it on Craigs and see what happens.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good point on the 79, Danny. It will surely spoil them! Good luck with the sale.

Hope to see you again this spring.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Just about done installing the new holding tank. Today will be spent putting some more gas in her so the genny will run, and cleaning up. Had 2 more lookers yesterday. Niether had ever heard of Barth so they thought my price was a little high for an 81 until they stepped inside. One thing they both asked was if I'd consider selling the 79 instead! Sitting next to each other the 79 really looks a lot nicer. No interest from anybody here so next week I'll put it on Craigs and see what happens.

Hope it sells quickly. I think your price is more than fair.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Goto this post

good stuff about vapor lock

P30 chassis
350 engine