Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I quoted Doug's post for you Danny.

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
https://sarasota.craigslist.or...arth/6512682346.html

No VIN number

See pics

This is a classic Barth Euro model, constructed of all aluminum framing and skin, mounted on a GM chassis with a 454 cube big block, making parts and service very easy. I have owned this coach for about 15 years and am selling due to acquiring a new one that is 2 years older. All the coach accessories work fine, including the roof air, the LP-AC fridge, the Microwave- convection oven, LP water heater, bath w/ shower and small tub, 3 burner stove, TV antenna w/ hi-def wingman, and everything else we could put into it to make it our home away from home.

But it is, after all, a 1981, and I won't try to tell you this will be a perfect coach that you can jump in and drive to California. It runs very well, the Onan generator starts right up and runs everything including the roof air, the 4 wheel disc brakes are of the GM Hydro-boost style, and the tires are good but on the older side of life, and the dash air has been removed, but the windows open just fine.

If you are familiar with Barth coaches you know what this is, and if not it's still a pretty cool old coach for the money, even if you wanted it for a hunting cabin or such.

Come and see it, and if it's not your cuppa T no problem, I really like showing it off. Give me a call at 544four 608 for an appointment.

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/4173966097

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I now have 2 couples racing each other to come up with the money. Might be gone by tomorrow night.
The folks racing to get your Barth must be racing on turtles. Good luck and may the best customer win.

posted Hide Post
From this post one racer has dropped out of the race to buy your Barth?

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Things go awry when your talking under 5 grand. I'm not in any great hurry and still have some serious folks lurking. Just have to confront me with $4000 in their hand, and they will drive off with our pride and joy of the last 15 years.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
As nice as your coach is inside and as good as you have got it running, I can't believe nobody has jumped on buying it yet. I have seen people spend more than that on fixer uppers that have to be towed home.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Raise the price to $10,000 and offer to put new tires on it, then let it go for $8000. Tooling Along

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2060 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Had a couple look today and thought it was just what they were looking for, and they just said thanks and left. I showed them throughout the coach, explained everything about how it works, took them for a drive on local streets and the highway, and the Euro was flawless. What did they think they were getting for 4 grand?

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ya know Danny, I bought mine for 2k I now have over 6k in it, that probably gets it close to your coach, and it is 3 foot shorter your interior is nicer than mine. My list to get it into a condition my wife might tolerate is another 2k or so I believe she would be ok with yours as it is. Yours is a very good deal, I am amazed it has not been scooped up. Good luck!

P30 chassis
350 engine

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Raise the price to $10,000 and offer to put new tires on it, then let it go for $8000. Tooling Along

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Hey bro, call me tomorrow on my cell. Let’s talk Barth.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to get rather confused by people. During the week a guy called and set up an appointment to look at the Euro. He and his wife came by yesterday, I had her cleaned up and looking pretty good, gave them the full tour, inside and out, genny started right up, the coach started right up, I gave them a ride and she ran perfectly, they said thanks for my time and drove away! I can't figure out what they thought they were going to get for 4 grand! So she's still here, waiting for somebody that appreciates a nice inexpensive coach.

79 Barth Classic

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Many people seem to have lost the custodial spirit and think the new throwaway products are somehow good values. I guess they may be afraid of the cost of maintenance and repair but guess what, the new coaches break down more than they think and service is just as costly.

At least with the older ones, they can be be fixed without a serial interface and "proprietary software," maybe even at a generic truck stop familiar with the standard chassis designs of the past. I have found no trouble finding parts and service for my 20 yr old Spartan chassis, try it with a new Country Coach or even Winnebago...

(Obviously I am biased with my 31 yr old coach, 20 yr old coach, 50 yr old airplane and 47 yr old VW toad)

Good luck with your Euro, Danny, see you in a couple weeks!

I have decided to sell my 86 Regal 33 tag axle next summer. A continuing project, needs a few things inside and body/paint work but completely roadworthy. Not sure about price I'll lose money no matter what. I paid 10K and have about 30K in it, probably ask at least 15K not sure yet. Site members know the many upgrades. It has sat inside for a year now, no sense in waiting any longer. We'll see.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many people seem to have lost the custodial spirit and think the new throwaway products are somehow good values. I guess they may be afraid of the cost of maintenance and repair but guess what, the new coaches break down more than they think and service is just as costly.

Yes I agree, my two son in laws are classic examples, a CPA and a Stock Trader. Nicest guys you ever want to meet, never change the oil in their cars or have it changed both have blown up engines in fairly new cars, do not know a crescent wrench from a hammer. The world has changed.

I let one of my Grand kids use my Miata in his last year of college, thermostat went bad and he could not figure out how to replace it, no one in his frat house had wrenches. Yes it is a new world!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Finally found the guy that should own the Euro next. He's new to Barth but really liked it and is going to live in it with his dogs. Had a bunch of lurkers but this guy had green paper and was a good guy. The Euro is going to be gone by Saturday. Won't be easy but glad it's going to a good new home.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Yeah!! for you DannyZ bet you hate to see it go...

P30 chassis
350 engine