Notify
Tools
Danny Z's Euro 28' 1981
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post

One of my favorite pix. Cheaha State Park Alabama.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The Euro is now on the market. The new holding tank is installed, and everything is working as well as I know how to make it work. Craigslist price is $4500, Barthmobile price is best offer. Coach is running with no known defects other than the always present vapor lock that I've lived with for 15 years or so, genny runs fine and all systems are good.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny I bet when she is gone you will miss the ole Glassnose, its in your blood!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2062 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I tightened up the squeaky alternator belt, ran the genny for about 20 minutes, and took her for a ride. After using the "new' coach so much lately I had almost forgotten what a sweet driver this one is too. She's all cleaned up and ready for a new owner!

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Nice brick work. Lots of extra weight but poor fuel mileage from the extra weight?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Hey Danny I bet when she is gone you will miss the ole Glassnose, its in your blood!!!
Click Duane, you could set yourself up with Dueling Glass nose Barthmobiles! One for you and one for your wifey. Click

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Duane, you could set yourself up with Dueling Glass nose Barthmobiles! One for you and one for your wifey

.Would not be a fair fight Danny's is 3 foot longer and probably a couple of thousands pounds heavier. My wife who used to want a smaller RV when we had the Winne, now wants a bigger nicer one. Wish she would make up her mind...lol head bang

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I really like driving my 25 footer also, however it is really sensitive to cross winds, in light wind conditions 70 mph is no problem at all, but once the wind is blowing steering adjustments are constant and even a bit scary at high speeds, is yours similar Danny? Sorry off topic a bit!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
our 22 has a steering stabilizer in the passenger side wheel well. It was shot when we got the coach, but about $40 to replace.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I think all motorhomes get blown around, due to their shape. Since getting the "new" 79 I can see the difference in setting up the suspension. It has steer-safe, huge anti-sway bars, new shocks, good bags, and a stabilizer shock that's twice the diameter of the Euro's. You still have to drive it when it's really gusting, but it's noticeably more stable.

BTW, I had a couple stop by yesterday to look at the Euro. They do the mud thing and want something to tow their mud truck and stay in at events. He seemed very mechanically inclined so I think it would be a good fit. He said he'd be back Thursday when he gets the money. We'll see.

79 Barth Classic

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Whoopie Do, not to jinx the sale but, it sure sounds like you got the right guy. These older machines do need someone willing to do upkeep. Good luck!! My coach pulls my bassboat like there is nothing in the back even the gas mileage is hardly affected.

I put new airbags on last summer they helped , I might try a new stabilizer shock, and rubber bushings.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I now have 2 couples racing each other to come up with the money. Might be gone by tomorrow night.

79 Barth Classic

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I now have 2 couples racing each other to come up with the money. Might be gone by tomorrow night.
Thumbs Up Good luck with the final sale! Thumbs Up Salute

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Danny: Maybe the losing bidder would be interested in the one I have. '82 25'

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post