Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    Very nice 1989 Ford Regal only 17K miles AZ on RV traderonline
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Very nice 1989 Ford Regal only 17K miles AZ on RV traderonline
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The layout is fundamentally similar to our 33' Chev, including corian counters, but there's no dinette, and we don't have the drop-down galley counter extension (wish we did).

The pantry must be across from the galley next to the stairwell, not next to the fridge, as in ours. Considering the differences in layout, it looks to me like more than a 2' difference in length. I wonder if this is really a 30', and they got 31' by measuring bumper-to-bumper .

In any event, it looks lke a good deal for someone. If I didn't already have one, I'd buy it. Indeed, if I win the lotto, I might buy it and have two.

Mine's only a year newer, got lots more miles, and I already had more than $25G in it before I installed window awnings.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited March 11, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
It is also on eBay with a starting bid of 10K, a secret reserve, and a "Buy It Now" price of 21K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...ME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If I had my kidney transplant done, I would buy this puppy right now!! Too bad the buy it now price of $21 doesn't include a kidney!

Posts: 26 | Location: Costa Mesa,California,USA | Member Since: 09-21-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OK GUYS WHICH ONE OF YOU LUCKEY PEOPLE BOUGHT THE 1989 REGAL ? NICE LOOKING MACHINE.
ITS NOT ON EBAY THIS MORNING

[This message has been edited by REGLOVER (edited March 14, 2005).]

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This coach is still available if you want it you better move fast. He took it off of Ebay because of the "buy it now" of $21K was not to his liking.

The guy says he thinks it was garage kept and only weekend trips. If you want it you better call Turner with credit card in hand. He says he has tons of emails.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is back on ebay - with opening bid of $10k - No 'Buy it Now' price this time - and a secret reserve amount - no bids yet on the new auction.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ontario Canada & Yuma | Member Since: 11-22-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I talked to Turner this AM. They are a dealer. Said he thought it was traded in on a bigger unit. Said I could buy it right now for 25000. I don't like the Oskosh/John Deere chasis because it has a solid front axle and I had bad times with a P30 solid front axle on a 99 Trek I once owned. It was scary, especially in the wet and in wind. I don't think you can beat the independent suspension on the chevy chasis.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Boy humbojb You'll have more than a few people who will rassle you to the ground over that. That Oshkosh, John Deere, Freightliner (Ford) chassis did indeed have a leaf spring front suspension however with new Bilsteins it'll ride like a Caddy. Plus they were the first "basement" models and had way more storage than a P-30. Also, many will tell you that if you are cruising the southern part of the US where heat is an issue the Ford 460 is the engine of choice.

No there's nothing wrong with this coach, (based on looking at the pictures and reading the descriptions). Somebodies going to jump on this and I suspect they are going to be delighted.

------------------

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave for the response. I did not know how to respond to this thread drift without attempting to ‘wrestle some one to the ground’. J You can add that the Deere chassis is designed for the load it carries, and does not require an extra axle to make it safe to carry that load. The storage is nice also.

------------------
89 Barth Regal 32
Runs like a Deere
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Also Jack thanks for correcting my grammer. Thought I would be cute with the "rassle" but that's what SOB owners do. Barth Custom Coach owners "wrestle".

Oh and in the list of chassis with this configuration you can add the International Harverster in there. Yup, they made a few also.

------------------

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
I had bad times with a P30 solid front axle on a 99 Trek I once owned. It was scary, especially in the wet and in wind. I don't think you can beat the independent suspension on the chevy chasis.

Now that is interesting. I knew some P30 bread trucks came with a solid axle, but never heard of one in a MH. Were all Treks of that year so equipped?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
Oshkosh, John Deere, Freightliner (Ford) chassis did indeed have a leaf spring front suspension however with new Bilsteins it'll ride like a Caddy. Plus they were the first "basement" models and had way more storage than a P-30. Also, many will tell you that if you are cruising the southern part of the US where heat is an issue the Ford 460 is the engine of choice.

My 84 P30 seems to have the same amount of storage.

I have traversed the California deserts for years with two P30s with no heat issues. I suspect P30 owners with heat issues need a new mechanic.

I would not choose a coach on Ford vs Chevy, but let the condition and floor plan be the determining factors.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bill your wonderfully unique coach indeed does have great storage. But I bet if we take exact measurements of the height of your coach and mine I bet yours is 8-10 inches higher than mine. I think my entire coach is the same height as the cab of yours and then yours goes higher. Am I wrong about that, I will refer to you.

------------------

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill, don't know if all Treks had a solid front axle that year or not. Mine was also the 24' version which, with the short wheelbase, contributed to the handling problems. I drove a Barth a few months ago, 31'er, with the Oshkosh chasis, and the Ford 460, but it was a pusher. We never did find out if it was a Regency or not. It did not handle very well, but again, mayber the shocks were bad or the engine in the rear had something to do with it. At any rate, whoever is lucky enough to get the one in Arizona, will have a great coach. Some of the comments here have made me start rethinking suspension. The 86 Regal I was in last weekend, handled like a charm.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post