Search
Notify
Tools
Diesel Puller
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted
Around 2002/3 there was a long lived discussion about a diesel puller custom build that was for sale and eventually sold. It is not on the list to my discovery. I wonder how the new owner has found it to perform etc. especially given the speculation about excess weight on the front axle etc. Does anyone else remember this or am I once again in the land adjacent to Rod Serling?
Happy Thanksgiving and may the holiday season reward you with the warmth you give away.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Around 2002/3 there was a long lived discussion about a diesel puller custom build that was for sale and eventually sold. It is not on the list to my discovery. I wonder how the new owner has found it to perform etc. especially given the speculation about excess weight on the front axle etc. Does anyone else remember this

I think I remember three. A John Deere, a Pierce and a Hendricks chassis. At least one had a 555 Cummins. It looked like you would need a sling on a davit to get in and out of the driver's seat.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
In 1990 it was either John Deere or Oskosh that offered a front engine diesel. It was a 160hp 5.9B Cummins. We almost bought one, but ended up converting a bus(GM PD4106)instead. Over the years we have run into a few others that had them. Don't know is Barth ever built one, but the chassis was available.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We've had a few frequent our site. "MC Barther", a long time member, has a 6.2l GM diesel puller. Multiman has an Oshkosh with a 5.9l Cummins puller and there are a few more. The 555 Bill H is talking about was once owned by Frank Lantrip. There are 2 other 6.2l GMs that are listed in our data tag project that are also pullers.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Gary Carter?! Boing! I know you, well sorta. I remember you from BNO. You were always one of the good guys over there.

PD4106, the sports car of coaches!

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Richard and Lee's Euro puller Detroit with a 5 speed manual.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Bones, what name did you use on BNO?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Shadow, I think it was HighwayPirates on BNO.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think i remember that name on the board. Smiler I see that you are just south of where my mother's side of the family is from. Capron, Rockford, and just over the border in Sharon Wis. Last time i was back there was in 67. Been thinking about going there again and seeing if i can find any of our relatives.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just acquired a 28' 1995 Barth with Cummins 5.9 and Allison transmission on a Freightliner chassis.

It was custom built as a mobile mammography unit.

Has sat for 6 years and someone took the mammoth generator out as well as the electric distribution panel, convertor and transfer switch.

I expect it to be delivered in the next few days and will post here with my findings as it is resurrected.

Posts: 1 | Location: upstate ny | Member Since: 08-06-2011Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Good luck flyboy, sounds like a fun project.

I'm sure you'll find lots of new friends here at Barthmobile.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post