Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    1992 Barth 30' Breakaway for sale - Seattle, Wa - $19,900

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1992 Barth 30' Breakaway for sale - Seattle, Wa - $19,900
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1992 Barth Breakaway 30' Motor Home

“The Big Easy”

Beautiful Classic Mid Entry Motor Coach Excellent Traveling Home

Price has been reduced to $18,500. I’d like to see it in a new home before winter.

30 foot Mid-Entry Diesel Pusher; GVWR 18,000lbs

Body & Engine: Data Tag: 9109-3757-30BS-6B

• Cummins Diesel Engine B5.9, 210 hp, 26,000 miles on New motor
• Upgraded Allison transmission with retarder (great on mountains!)
• Spartan chassis w/ upgraded air ride suspension
• Power steering with tilt and cruise control
• HWH hydraulic leveling jacks
• Air over hydraulic 4 wheel disc brakes
• 7KW Kohler Propane generator
• Aluminum frame and body
• Raised air intake (for dusty roads), eg. Alaska
• Air conditioning lines replaced in 2010
• Tire pressure monitor & alarm on all tires & tow car tires
• New Front Brakes 2015
• 60 gal. Fuel tank
• 45 gal LPG tank
• 44 gal. Fresh water tank
• 6 gal. HW tank
• 40 gal. Grey water tank
• 26 gal. Black water tank

Interior:

• Corian kitchen counter & table top
• Microwave/convection oven
• 2 burner LP stove top
• Stainless sink with water purifier faucet
• Rear window
• Built in safe (for valuables)
• 2 newer LCD TV's, DVD/VCR player, CD player
• Solid oak cabinets, compartmented storage shelves
• Newer water heater gas/electric
• 1 (of two) newer 13,500 BTU roof air conditioner
• Newer 3 way refrigerator/freezer
• Altimeter, outdoor thermometer, compass, voltage meter
• New Bluetooth CD/stereo
• 35 K BTU LPG furnace
• Converter with battery charger
• Battery shut off switch
• 40 channel cobra C.B. Radio
• 2 Flexsteel captains chairs -- 6 way power seats
• Queen rear walk around bed
• Closet in bedroom plus cedar lined closet
• Dinette converts to a bed
• Couch folds down to a bed
• The coach will sleep 6 people comfortably

Exterior:

• Awnings all around by Zip-Dee
• Ample basement storage
• Onboard Air Compressor
• Rear Ladder w/ Bike Rack
• Comes w/ fully RV cover & Wheel/Tire covers

I am the third owner of this coach. Dr. Yale, the original owner, & his wife put approximately 180,000 miles on the coach. They traveled extensively. The coach has been well loved throughout its life, whatever it needed it got. It comes with 5 binders of ALL service history. The current Cummins diesel has only 26,000 miles in it. It is barely broken in & purrs. Fully documented.
This is a beautiful Classic styled motor coach. We will miss it, but are planning to go fulltime & decided to go larger.
I am offering it for sale for less than what I paid for it. Which I believe is a fair price. It is less than I have into it. Please contact me if I can answer any questions or provide more information.

Coach is located in Seattle, Wa.

Price has been reduced to $18,500.
I’d like to see it in a new home before winter.

CALL RIC xxx-xxx-xxxx, THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.

Pictures Here:
http://library-static.snapfish...27937906228/SNAPFISH

You can see Mrs. Yale's ad here from 2010
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...123967557#2123967557

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I happen to know that the effective fuel capacity is limited to FORTY GALLONS , unless Rick modified the tank. I drove it from MI to CA and back w/o a glitch (other than running out of fuel)

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark
Yes it is indeed limited to 40 gallons, unless you want to stand there for 45 min. dripping fuel into it. Definite design flaw. But then I don't want to drive more than 2 hrs at a time anyway, let alone 8 hrs.
Ric

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
The fuel filler is definitely a design flaw. Hose from the filler is WAY lo LONG and enters the tank from the rear about 50% of the way up. Diesel foams and as soon as the fuel now has to push thru the tank fuel, it will cause the filler to shut off,

I found a top entry at the front of the tank , now I can fill 55 gallons (from empty) before it clicks off and then only about 5-10 minutes to bring it full to the top which I do every fill. For my driving style I need the range!

I sure would like to have the full air suspension you have!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Wow 40 gallon tanks and 60 gallon tanks. Can't get very far down the road with that. My Regency holds 100 gallons and we have been averaging 9 1/2 to 10 miles per gallon pulling our toad. One drawback, The fuel hoses at truck-stops have a lot of pressure on them so I have to hold the handle the whole time while filling it up, or it will continuously kick off. We usually drive about 700 miles before filling up. We try not to drive more than 300 or 400 miles a day when on a long trip.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Does this coach have a turbo and how old are the tires?

Thanks, Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi - Jim
The Cummins does have a turbo. Also the throttle body, plate has been reworked. I'm told that upped the HP to around 210, from the original 190. Again only 26k on the motor, so it just purrs. Really nice tight, driving coach. Air suspension helps smooth out the rough roads.
The tires were replaced in '08 so are 7 yr old., still great tread, no weather checking. But they are 7 y.o.
As far as the fuel tank only taking 40 gal, I haven't run out yet. Big Grin I always reset the odometer when I fill up, at 400 I start looking for fuel. Tooling Along
Cheers Ric

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ric "Turtle":
Hi Mark
Yes it is indeed limited to 40 gallons, unless you want to stand there for 45 min. dripping fuel into it. Definite design flaw. But then I don't want to drive more than 2 hrs at a time anyway, let alone 8 hrs.
Ric

I agree, Rick. It is unwise to sit behind the wheel more than four continuous hours. In as much as it is prudent to take a break and walk, to prevent circulatory problems, might as well walk over to a fuel pump.
Click

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Definite design flaw

anyone come up with a fix for this 'flaw' ?

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred & Cindy:
Wow 40 gallon tanks and 60 gallon tanks.

The tanks are 60 gallons but to try to fill them completely full takes a LONG time. If they are filled until the first click off there probably is only 40-45 gallons usable in the tank.

Yes I have fixed this design flaw. I removed the tank and found that there is a top entry bung at the back of the tank. I rotated the tank 180 degrees so this entry was at the front and was able to short the hose as well as avoid the foaming. I now can fill up to 55 gallons before the first click. After that it take about 5-10 minutes to fill with fuel standing in the neck.

Here is the write up about what I did a few years back

Fuel tank filler change

After I tried it for awhile, I decided to rotate the tank 180 degrees and it fills much faster.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Our tank measures 80 gallon. LxWxH / 231 cubic inches per gallon. We also have the center fill but have no trouble filling. Largest amount so far that we have filled was 66 gallons of fuel and a lot of nervous sweat about running out.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Just curious, what kind of fuel mileage do you guys get with 5.9 Cummins? I get around 18 mpg in my 96 dodge pulling a 5th wheel.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Neil
The Cummins will get a solid 10 mpg, maybe a little better.

posted Hide Post
Hi Thanks to all for your interest, but the coach has been sold.
Thanks Again Ric

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
glad you had good luck..too bad it was 3000 miles away for me..

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post