Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1994 30' Barth Breakaway For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1994 Barth Breakaway For Sale with only 72,000 miles on 230 Cummings diesel pusher engine. Unit is in mint condition under current warranty and has new regfrigerator.
719-846-1020 $50K

------------------

[This message has been edited by William W. Bumstead (edited September 25, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 07, 2005).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Trinidad, CO USA | Member Since: 09-25-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
1. What is the fuel economy - how many miles per gallon does it get?

2. Does it have air-ride?

3. Do you have pictures you can post?

4. Are you the original owner?

5. What was the price when it was new?

6. How much are you asking?

Thanks!

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RickB:
1. What is the fuel economy - how many miles per gallon does it get?
Worst I have gotten is 9 mpg...best has been 13 mpg

2. Does it have air-ride?
Air bags, I think?

3. Do you have pictures you can post?
Yes, I'll send to Dave.

4. Are you the original owner?
No

5. What was the price when it was new?
I don't know.

6. How much are you asking?
I'll have to check book values

Thanks!

Rick

Posts: 2 | Location: Trinidad, CO USA | Member Since: 09-25-2005Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
If I may add. These Spartan SC-2000 chassis, may be airbags assisted like other chassis but they were not air ride chassis. They were independent fron coil springs.

These sold for around $110,000-115,000 new.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
How much? And do you have any photos? What warranty is in effect?

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited September 26, 2005).]

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Is this one of the vaunted "XL" models?
BTW. Does anyone know the difference in the XLs that make them worth so much more on NADA?
Is the Cummins 230 hp the 5.9 litre?
Regards,
Don

quote:
Originally posted by William W. Bumstead:
1994 Barth Breakaway For Sale with only 72,000 miles on 230 Cummings diesel pusher engine. Unit is in mint condition under current warranty and has new regfrigerator.
719-846-1020

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I think you will have to call the seller to get in info. He isn't that computeristic.

719-846-1020

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I talked to Bill Bumstead - a very pleasant man - last week, and he said the coach was pending sale. I don't know if it went through.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Yes the sale did go thru, ---to me---Bill is a great guy and a true Barth fanatic! Wife did want to drive it so he is down sizing! Great condition, a few minor squaks but well maintained. Only major thing that needs to be addressed is the steering box is leaking badly! (know this before the sale) Is this a known problem or weak area? I have seen other references to steering box replacement.

I suspect you will see more of me on this board now that I own one. Looking forward to meeting others at rallys or on the road!

I am in the San Jose CA area and restore BMW ///M cars for a retirement hobby, I will be doing all of the mechanical work on the Barth.

Ed

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post