Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1988 Barth 28' For Sale, Houston Tx`
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We are selling our 28' Barth Motorhome.

I have it listed on craigslist (with pictures) in Houston Texas. But everyone looking at it wants it for a deer lease. Please save her, she deserves a life of travel, not rotting in the woods, never to run again.

It is a 1988 with the Chevy 454 drive train. Runs and drives great.

This is the rear bathroom, two twin beds model.

Solid Cherry wood cabinetry and Corian countertops and sink.

Motor was rebuilt about 50K ago, Trans about 30K ago...we have a ton of paperwork on this motorhome and all the repair receipts from us and previous owners including the original Barth Book from factory.

Does need a little work...Onan generator needs a tune up (doesn't like to start) and we hardly used it. The pressure valve on the propane tank needs to be replaced. Small leak around old ceiling vent in bathroom. It has two A/C units, one of which works great, the other just started blowing warm...haven't had it checked yet. One of the chairs that go next to the table was broken beyond repair, the other has torn fabric. Couch and leather captain's chairs are still in great shape.

This motorhome has been used and loved. We are full timers who have owned this home for 4 years. We just needs something larger with two children.

Please contact me via phone, text or email. I will try and check this posting daily...but my phone doesn't always like this website (or any website for that matter Smiler

321-863-7173
alitalynne@yahoo.com

Posts: 6 | Location: Houston, Tx | Member Since: 03-21-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry...Totally spaced.

Asking $5000 or best offer

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums!

Linky

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Levelers? 50amp or 30amp? How many miles on chassis? Pics of dash?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
50amp or 30amp?

2 ACs would make 50 amps likely.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You would think so. However, mine had two roof top units and only 30amps. A PO had installed the second one and did some convoluted wiring with a rotary switch so you could switch from front to rear while on generator power or shore power. You could run both as long as one was on the generator and the other on shore power. Rewiring it is on the 'bucket' list since the rotary switch failed. It already has a second breaker panel so I'll just wire it for a second 30amp service and run a separate cord.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a 50 amp service. There is no funky wiring on this Barth. It did have an alarm system on it from factory that is currently not in working order, but we never tried to get it to work.

Chassis has 160K miles.
Bushings, Ball-joints and shocks were all redone in the front end as well.

It does not have levelers on it. Didn't have when we got it and we never put any on.

If I can figure out how to add a photo to the forum I will. Smiler

posted Hide Post
I will add a dash photo to my craigslist add. Sorry I can't add them here.

posted Hide Post
We are dropping the price to $4500, but will consider any reasonable offer. Can someone add this to the map on the for sale page? I don't know how.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think folks know where Houston is... Wink

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Yes, Houston Florida is over by Kennedy Space Center. Razzer

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
sold