Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    1990 Barth Regal SE-31J (SOLD)
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1990 Barth Regal SE-31J (SOLD)
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice coach. Not surprised it sold, but once again, all we know is the asking price. Ooops

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Nice coach. Not surprised it sold, but once again, all we know is the asking price. Ooops

How much did you sell your Unique Barth Regal for?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Honestly, my own personal belief, I don't think it's anybody's business what it sold for. Computer

Congrats Jason on selling your coach. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well a few members here like to know where the chips fall when a person asks for one price and gets way less or way more. Several of the members are just trying to get a handle on the obscured NADA prices and other posted "VALUES". NADA figures do not go in line with actual sales. Bill If someone wants to come forth with an actual selling price just like coming forth with a data tag they will. I have no problem saying I paid $19,500 for my coach or about 65 cents per pound.

I am sorry for your own personal belief but I still would like to know what the final outcome was. When homes are sold the selling price is part of the tax record and available to the general public. So my PERSONAL belief is opposite from yours.

Sorry we do not think alike. That is what makes the world go around. I agree to disagree with you.

posted Hide Post
Taken from the Monarch topic here that Steve just purchased.

quote:
In the interest of full disclosure, when I saw this coach come up for sale I knew it was one of the largest, newest, best coaches Barth made. Tom's price range of 17k to 30k seemed very realistic. Decided I'd be a fool to let it go. I offered the full 30k to avoid a bidding war.

Thank you Steve VW. Here is a great example of what I am talking about.

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
When homes are sold the selling price is part of the tax record and available to the general public.
Yes, but that is because of tax records and it is required by law.

Not to inflame anyone but it's not required to sell your coach here. Some might want to know... but again, not required. Try asking privately but I'd suspect the vast majority wont tell.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of jetsetjason
posted Hide Post
Heyo!

While I agree the final sale price is really no one else's business other than the buyer's and seller's (technically) I completely understand the desire to know what Barth's are selling for.

While I suspect the new owner will frequent these forums once he starts traveling (which I hope he does, because everyone here is awesome and knowledgeable) I'd prefer to share the range, rather than the exact amount. If he'd like to disclose what he paid, I'll leave that up to him to share.

For what it's worth, I received a total of 6 offers, and the offer I accepted, which happened to be the first committed offer I received, was in the $18k-$20k range.

Cheers,
Jason

Nomadic Simplicity | www.nomadicsimplicity.com

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Member Since: 08-11-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some interesting stories right here on Barthmobile.com
Ask and you shall receive, be careful what you ask for. Knock and the door will open, but you may or may not want to go in. There are many members here that love to share, right here on Barthmobile.com. as you can see when you read the pages in the link above.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jetsetjason:
Heyo!

$18k-$20k
Cheers,
Jason

Thanks for all Jason, the pictures, the understanding and your input. Keep in touch!

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much. As you seem to understand, the price info is useful to establish a "realistic" price range for our orphan coaches. So often the buyers and sellers are frustrated by asking prices which are not realistic.

When we get real numbers we get a good ballpark for both sides to consider. Your range is quite useful without compromising privacy. (Personally I don't understand why people don't want others to know, but that's me I guess.)

I am pleased you were able to sell your coach in that range, it is actually higher than I thought and gives me some hope for a good price when I sell my Regal someday. I had assumed the top range was close to 15k, your feedback resets the bar. Cool Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of jetsetjason
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
(Personally I don't understand why people don't want others to know, but that's me I guess.)

Hey Steve,

Absolutely! And thanks for the well-wishing, I appreciate it.

As for pricing, I think you can chalk it up to human psychology, and the fear of buyer's or seller's remorse. The last thing a buyer wants to hear when they share the price they paid for something, is the community telling them they paid too much, or that the number seems high etc. And vice versa for the seller, being told they should have sold it for more, or could have asked for more, or "gave it away" at that price etc.

Value is in the eyes of the buyer and seller...and the value people will find in a Barth won't be limited to the blue book. That's a thin slice, and a good start, but there are many things that will contribute to the value someone will see in your rig: it's uniqueness compared to everything else on the market, how much it aligns with their vision for the coach they want to own, desirability of a Barth vs. other models available in the market etc.

I just think it's important to remember that Barth's are unique in their own right, and going strictly by the blue book value only makes sense if you've done nothing to the original coach, and everything about it is "average" - the mileage, the condition of the interior etc.

In the end, don't be afraid to ask for what you think is reasonable, all things considered, and see if there's a buyer who agrees Thumbs Up

Cheers,
Jason

P.S. Final thought: if you're concerned that banks only look at the blue book value (which a number of folks messaged me repeatedly), you're correct. But that's only in regards to the amount they're willing to loan you. If you're trying to buy a coach, and think the amount being asked for is reasonable/worthwhile, but above blue book - you should either plan to have funds to offset any loan you need, or be willing to consider that that particular coach isn't the one for you. I think the, "Well, the bank will only loan me X, so I'll only buy it for X." is a poor argument - it doesn't speak to the value of what you want to buy, only to your buying power - which you ultimately have control over. If you have to finance the entire purchase, that's a personal decision, but shouldn't diminish the value of what's being bought.

P.P.S. This is a great community, stay awesome Smiler

Nomadic Simplicity | www.nomadicsimplicity.com

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Member Since: 08-11-2012Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Excellent response, Jason! I could not have said it better. I think remorse is a big factor.

Good point on the NADA values. With our orphan coaches and only a few sales they aren't realistic. The Monarch I just bought for 30k has a blue book of about 18k!

I'm glad you did well on your coach it is a beauty and should have good value in the eyes of a knowledgeable buyer. Your price range is proof these things are worth more than the average coach, as we already know.

Thank you so much for your candor. Be well Steve

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Ask and you shall receive, be careful what you ask for. Knock and the door will open, but you may or may not want to go in.
Confused

I get it Kevin. I know why you're asking and would like to know too. But we've had this discussion in the past and it got rather heated. I'm not going down the same rabbit hole my predecessor went before. It'll never be a requirement and if anyone cares to share I give them great credit for doing so.
quote:
As for pricing, I think you can chalk it up to human psychology, and the fear of buyer's or seller's remorse. The last thing a buyer wants to hear when they share the price they paid for something, is the community telling them they paid too much, or that the number seems high etc. And vice versa for the seller, being told they should have sold it for more, or could have asked for more, or "gave it away" at that price etc.
Excellent response Jason. Thumbs Up

Using Kelly Blue Book for a loan and valuation will leave all of us in a funk. Kelly doesn't base the valuation on anything sold here. Chances are you'll get a much higher price on our boards because people know the quality and know what they want.

By Jason giving the price range he put the other 5 potential buyers on notice that he got pretty darn close to his asking price. It also showed others here that their coach is worth more, or less, than what they thought. That's valuable stuff.

I'm all for transparency in public transactions involving government funds. Less so when it comes to our own personal financial transactions. If people wish to share they can and I hope they do.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis