Notify
Tools
TX: 1990 Regency For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted
All,
For a number of reasons we are selling he our 1990 32 foot Regency. I've invested well over $40,000 in the coach over 2 years and planned on keeping long term. We still have 5 kids at the house and have determined we need a trailer...
Photos are here:
1990 Barth Regency

Here is a narrative I put together:

Barth 90 Regency
Details: 108,000 miles, Cummins 8.3 Aftercooled, Allison 4 Spd.
Center Aisle, plenty of large basement storage.

Recent Upgrades: Prosine 2000 Inverter Charger, Headlights rewired via solenoid: very bright!, Electronic cruise control to replace the air cruise. Rear A/C new last summer.

Recent Maintenance (last 24 months): 4 Michelins Rear, 2 yrs, 2 Toyos Front last summer, exhaust manifold replaced & ceramic coated, new air filter. Entire freshwater plumbing system gone through as well as grey water and black water system. Roof antenna replacd. Radiator rodded out and tanks resealed, coolant and front hoses replaced. Electric step door switch repaired. Circuit Board in front A/C replaced. Rear A/C Tstat replaced. Air throttle cylinder at engine replaced.

Items not working: Rear camera out, monitor removed. 12v vacuum pump not working: I have not investigated this issue and am unsure if it is a power problem or if the pump is out. This controls the Dash A/C doors from what I can see. Dash A/C not working, have not investigated as the roof airs keep the coach cool in very not summer days.

This coach is good to travel. We have driven it to Scottsdale AZ and, ST. Louis MO and Vicksburg MS from our home in central Texas.

We’re selling for two reasons: We have 5 kids at the house aged 7 to 16 and have found it a challenge to sleep everyone in the coach. As well a deal came up that I couldn’t pass on on a homebuilt aircraft. It still has 200 hours (or so) of labor to get it finished. So we will buy a trailer later.

This is a really high quality coach, the tech that worked on it in Abilene said it has a lot in common with Prevost coaches he’s worked on. My diesel mech here in Brady says this Cummins 8.3 of it’s vintage is one of the best engines ever made.

I have invested about $41,000 into this coach and am advertising locally for $35,000.

I am Mark Magee in Brady Texas and can be contacted at xxx-xxx-xxxx on my cell. E-mail add is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Text or e-mail during business hours best.

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I've made 2 slideshows for you. Good luck on your sale Mark! Smiler

Exterior Views

Interior Views

Data Tag
9001-0139-32RDS-B7

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
All,
I've had lots of calls and one looker over the winter, but the coach is still here. So the price is now at $23,500 or offer.

Mark

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
With a new price only 18% more than I am paying for Helen Yale's Breakaway (with almost twice your miles), I would darn sure have been interested in this. But, I have already paid a substantial deposit to Mrs. Yale's consignment dealer and have a ticket to PHX Friday. On Saturday I will be driving it back through your neck of the woods enroute to my daughter's in Mansfield TX. Timing is everything.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
posted Hide Post
Is this coach 102" wide (wide body)
Full air sups?
Diesel Gen?
THanks
W&B Knocke

Posts: 189 | Location: South Daytona Fl | Member Since: 07-02-2006Report This Post
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this coach 102" wide (wide body) YES
Full air sups? YES
Diesel Gen? YES
THanks
W&B Knocke

Yes to all.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this coach 102" wide (wide body) YES

I'm certainly not a heavy-iron authority, but I thought the wide body units required the filler-panel glass, double center post windshield Confused

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I agree with your observation Lee, I do not think this is a widebody.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
I agree with your observation Lee, I do not think this is a widebody.
This is not a widebody - this is the 96" standard width body.

here is a link to all of the images of this coach.

http://s687.photobucket.com/al.../9001-0139-32RDS-B7/

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is corrosion or bubbling on several of the storage compartment bays. Could someone explain what causes this problem? Is it a serious issue?

Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Member Since: 11-14-2010Report This Post
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Thanks for that correction. I apologize to all who are looking at it. I owned a 102" wide Coachmen years ago and had that number in my mind. So as Bill states it is 96" wide.

Mark

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Andres,

Personally I don't think the corrosion is an issue...my coach was originally from southern California then went to the Dallas area and is now in southern Oklahoma (all rust-free areas). I have 4 or 5 of these small bubbles on the exterior compartment doors....while the underside of the coach is very clean and rust-free....

I think it must be some kind of an issue with the Barth construction techniques....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is corrosion or bubbling on several of the storage compartment bays. Could someone explain what causes this problem? Is it a serious issue?

I have looked at a lot of older Barths and many of them have this issue with the cargo doors. It appears the doors were made with a porous foam core that holds the moisture in and eventually corrodes through the metal. It is mainly cosmetic and the doors could be easily rebuilt. I have also seen corrosion on the front and rear caps, perhaps due to galvanic action with the steel framing or chips in the paint that didn't get repaired.

It is important to realize that aluminum is not a guarantee against corrosion. While fiberglass may not corrode, there are many other possible failure points that are harder to correct. Short of the buses with stainless steel construction, most metal components will corrode over time....even a Barth. My 97 Monarch had blistering paint along the mid-moulding. This was a contributor in my decision to get rid of it even though it would have done only cosmetic damage for my lifetime.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I also found a discussion of this issue in the forums.

Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Member Since: 11-14-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Curious to know if your Barth is still for sale.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arizona | Member Since: 04-12-2011Report This Post