Search
Notify
Tools
1990 Regal For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Rally Auto Mart has another nice Barth for sale.
www.rallyautomart.com
Don in Niagara

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice little coach. 22' long. Does anyone know what engine this would have and what kind of fuel economy?

$19,995.00 seems a bit high - what would be a reasonable price for this Barth?

I wonder what the size of the freshwater tank and the holding tanks is?

When you go to the link posted above, this Barth is about number 3 or 4 in the inventory list...

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited September 22, 2005).]

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on the pictures, it looks like a front, gas engine, instead of a diesel pusher.

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This would be a P-30 GM454 coach. I think this is the perfect size if you are a single person and don't get claustrophobia. Ah, and you don't have much body fat. I have seen these dinettes. They are for 175 lb men max. No bear bellies allow here.

But man; what a great travel van. You have air, generator so you can stop and cook some soup or make some coffee. The 1988 brochure I have says 60 gal water cap but I am guessing it is less in the 22 footer as well as I would guess it has just one gas tank rather than two like in the larger coaches.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We considered several of these little critters. They can also be good for a couple that goes to bed and rises together. Sleeping on a fold out in your living room means that one will wake the other when getting in or out of bed and moving around. If Susan and I had synchronized sleeping schedules and naps, we would have bought one of the 22 or 25 Barths. A shoter coach gets into more boondock spots and doesn't get high-centered as often. And the lighter weight is the equivalent of a bigger engine up the hills and a smaller engine where fuel consumption is a factor.

As for the claustrophobia, if one of those shorties had the dinette removed and replaced with two swivel chairs and the standard fold out table, it would have the same living room as almost any decent coach. So, I doubt claustrophobia would be any different from our 30 footer. A longer coach, say a 34 footer, does indeed have a feeling of more space due to the longer kitchen-living room space, though.

As with so many things, it is a trade off.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Re: price - For a 1990 22', NADA guide says $10,820 low, $13,030 high. I haven't checked for a year or so, but awhile back, Barths were going for about 10% below low book. That would make this price about twice too much.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that this price is more than double what it should be, even with low
mileage. It probably has a 350 V8 engine,
since no engine was advertised. Most of the
22' Barths were built on a P31132 (137")
wheelbase chassis with a base 350 engine.
There's a 22' Barth advertised on RVTrader
online with 69K miles and a 350 V8 engine
for $6750.

Jake Jacobson

Posts: 69 | Location: Harper Woods, MI, USA | Member Since: 05-06-2005Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Barth last used the 350 in a motorhome was in the 1970's. I think it is rediculous for NADA or any other publication to put a value under $15K for this "1990" Barth coach. Boy if that fits the purpose for someone, tell me where you can get a better coach. How about $90K for some Class B with a Volkswagon engine in it.

This couse would not fit me but for someone it is a great deal in the mid teens. Low teens is a steal.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey; I will go check this one out if you guys want more information. It is located in my backyard (or about 20 miles away and gas at $2.81/gal). Give me some data that you want to know. I will not take the fish mobile though. Papa Don

Posts: 14 | Location: Portland, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 04-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in it if it is a non smoker unit. They have a 94 Trek for sale with only 6k miles. Their miles seem low. Are they reputable?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Went by the dealer and he said that he sold it two days ago.
They have a good selection of us and all appear to be in good shape.

Papa Don

Posts: 14 | Location: Portland, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 04-19-2005Report This Post