Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
TX: 1989 Barth Regal 28' Ford 460 John Deere
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Coach is 28 foot in very good condition. Mileage is 60,000. Motor rebuilt and running well. All mechanicals working well. New vinyl flooring recently installed. New refrigerator. Asking $15000 $9,999 $9,500

Email-Russbohaty@yahoo.com, phone: 612.239.9708

8905-3614-28J-A5

Posts: 2 | Location: Rockwall, TX | Member Since: 12-13-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Hey, this is beautifull! A little hard to tell the lay out inside but the outside looks fantastic. Looks like there might be a little issue with the ceiling.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris & Tina Jones:
A little hard to tell the lay out inside.

Looks like it might have a split bath.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
First time I have seen one with a driver's side door... pretty cool!!

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
with a driver's side door

...But when you get to a certain age (i.e.: mine), it looks like just taking the long route around and entering
through the main door would be a whole lot easier! Smiler

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
But when you get to a certain age (i.e.: mine), it looks like just taking the long route around and entering through the main door would be a whole lot easier!

Yeah, same here.

Off and on, there will be a Barth with driver doors. Most are commercial, but a few are not. My guess is that it was owner-specified.

I have had both, and much prefer no door. It is quieter and stronger, and more airtight in winter storms.

Our Southwind door would occasionally open when traveling on uneven terrain.

About the only time I miss it is when working under the dash. It allows easier access and a lot less going in and out when tracking a problem or bleeding brakes, for example.

I guess, as a mechanic, I loved it. As a driver, I did not love it.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like there might be a little issue with the ceiling.

I have the exact same problem. I agree, it is a nice ride.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Russ--your Barth looks beautiful! Will wait for your posting of pictures to imagine the layout. Is the ceiling material over the kitchen loose or a result of leaking? Any major issues with the coach? Thanks--Charlie T.

Posts: 31 | Location: Wherever we happen to be | Member Since: 02-21-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi from Russ and Pat
quote:
Hey, this is beautifull! A little hard to tell the lay out inside but the outside looks fantastic. Looks like there might be a little issue with the ceiling.

Russ said the ceiling is in good shape. All the seals were replaced and he was living in it for 1.5 years without any difficulty. Have to admit, the Barth coaches are really quality coaches.

quote:
Originally posted by Gerald:
First time I have seen one with a driver's side door... pretty cool!!

Can be very handy for a quick exit.

Posts: 2 | Location: Rockwall, TX | Member Since: 12-13-2010Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I just received an email requesting that the price be adjusted.
quote:
Hi Bill
Russ Bohaty has decided to lower the price of his coach to $9,999.99 due to recommendations from dealers. Can you make this change to his ad please? It appears only you can do this but if I do not understand that correctly let me know.
I guess Russ is having problems posting this himself.

Nice coach - great price...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
When he said the ceiling was in good shape I think maybe the question was not ceiling but headliner. Is the headliner sagging as it looks in the third picture?
Another rebuilt engine.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
The headliner appears to be the same as the one in our coach. It is backed by a foamlike mayerial that becomes soft with age. The headliner in ours has come away from the backing a bit too and needs to be pulled tight. If you fool with it much you can leave marks in the foam backing.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I took off the fan grill to get a look at what was going on with my headliner. The foam under the fabric is dried out and turning to dust.

It's worse in some areas. As Don mentioned, if you push on the bad spots the foam won't spring back and you'll end up with a depression you can't get out.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/11
posted Hide Post
So, the question is;

Where do you take the coach for a first class ceiling makeover?

Posts: 17 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 04-03-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Around here there are several headliner shops that would probably do the job. Some of the local fabric shops carry 2 or three colors of that headliner. Probably the best contact spray for the backer comes from 3M. I am not sure but there probably are panels that come off the supports so you can take them outside, clean them up and work with space, ventilation and reduced fear of overspray.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post