Search
Notify
Tools
1984 MCC 35 foot Regency
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

We are selling our coach. We are asking $26500.00, OBO.I have a complete listing on all the details and have pictures as well. I will be happy to send info to anyone who is interested.
Regards, Susan
Susan Skatell
510-684-8882

1984 35’ BARTH REGENCY $25,000 OBO

Detroit Diesel Turbo Pusher 8.2 liter, Rebuilt in 1995; Allison 4 speed transmission MT654

Front end rebuilt May 2003 including re-arced front springs
6 new tires in 10/2002, new disk pads, 01/2003

New Updated rear disk brakes, (100% more stopping power), July 2004
125-gallon diesel fuel tank
20 -gallon Gas fuel tank for 7.5 kW Kohler Gen; serviced at a Kohler dealer 10/2002

Cruise control (not working), Tilt steering wheel
2 Coleman March1 heat/cool AC units, (rear needs checked); 3 Suburban furnaces
1994 Tappan microwave oven; Magic Chef 4 burner gas cook top and oven
1996 U-line icemaker; Everpur water purifier system
1994 Dometic 3-way refrigerator, with new factory computer controller Jan. 2004
Americast sinks and Price Pfister faucets; Ceramic tile counter tops, Nutone food center
Upgraded solid oak cabinetry (not veneer); Porcelain tile floors; carpet
Atwood 6 gallon water heater with exchanger
AM/FM radio and cassette, speakers throughout; 2 TV’s, 13“ Panasonic front new 04/2004, rear 9“ Emerson 4 yrs old; Motorola 40 channel CB
HWH automatic leveling system
Zip Dee awnings on all windows (one needs repaired)
Single electric step
Luggage rack and la dder
Mirrors with defrost

Power roof vents
Rear vision camera/monitor
Security system; Built-in safe

Solar battery charger
Remote spotlight
Double pane windows

Trailer hitch

Dash AC (needs vacuum pump)

FlexSteel captain and passenger chairs

Rear Center queen bed, Convertible sofa (Sleeps 2)

2 Cedar lined wardrobe closets; Pantry; Plenty of outside storage

New fresh water pump, water capacity 100 gallons
Excellent running condition
New propane line
New high-pressure power steering line
All new belts on diesel engine and 7.5 gas generator Oct. 2003

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 26, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited September 14, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Is this the unit described in the listing by "skatell", listed 7/21?

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
This is a very good ad. The inclusion of a floor plan is so important.

When I bought my Barth, I had to literally call the people up and ask them to measure this and that so I could draw up a floor plan and make a decision.

I am sure I annoyed some sellers, but, sure enough, we made our decision without seeing the coach. As long as it wasn't junk, we were going to buy it, and brought a bank check with us. The seller was glad to measure everything for me, as he knew we were serious.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Yes it is Mike and I owe Susan an apology. She asked me to post this some time ago and I just got sidetracked. The picture of this coach exterior I received within days after starting the website. In fact, I think it was one of the first diesel coaches I say and really liked it then. (about 3 owners ago). Assuming all other MCC issues are worked out, this is really a great floor plan isn't it.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
What is the location of the coach?

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Oakland, CA

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
What is the location of the coach?

Sorry this reply is so late. The coach is now in Casa Grande, AZ. We just got back from our last trip (at least for the next 12 to 18 months). We went to Washington and even took the ferry to Widley Island. We averaged 12 mpg, and did not use any oil. This a great coach. My husband is having extensive back surgery on Sept 19 and Sept 21, so he will be out of commission for awhile. Any questions let me know.

Posts: 3 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Member Since: 03-08-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skatell:
Sorry this reply is so late. The coach is now in Casa Grande, AZ. We just got back from our last trip (at least for the next 12 to 18 months). We went to Washington and even took the ferry to Widley Island. We averaged 12 mpg, and did not use any oil. This a great coach. My husband is having extensive back surgery on Sept 19 and Sept 21, so he will be out of commission for awhile. Any questions let me know.

What is the mileage on the coach? Thanks.

Posts: 30 | Location: Renton, Wa. USA | Member Since: 08-16-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcn:
What is the mileage on the coach? Thanks.

It is approx.135,000

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skatell:
It is approx.135,000

Just wanted to let you know that I posted a new notice, see titled "price reduction..."
here is a copy of that post:

Hi,
We have our coach listed $26,500.00 in one spot on the ad and $25,000.00 or best offer. My husband's surgery date is rapidly approaching and we would like to have our coach sold before Sept. 12th if possible. We are reducing it to $21,500.00 as is. "As is", means we won't recovering the sofa or having the rear air, the dash air and the horn fixed. These are the only known items that should be taken care of soon.
Regards,
Susan

posted Hide Post
What are the issues with the MCC coaches?

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"MCC" was the chassis that BARTH built the "house" onto. These chassis were made for a brief time. Barth bought the chassis manufacturing from FMC, and after a few years, decided, mostly for economics, to get out of the chassis AND coach building business and stick to building just the "house" on top of another manufacturer's chassis... just like everyone else.

Ths bottom line here is that there are a few... and a very few... parts that have limited availability, they are still being made by a wonderful and knowledgeable family that has a motor home restoration business. They have the prints and tooling from Barth, and the parts are reasonably priced, and they will ship pretty much 24-7 to anywhere. MOST... and I mean, MOST... of the other chassis parts are readily available, off the shelf items...

These are NOT "fragile" chassis... they DO have some weak points, like ANY, that must be considered prior to buying one. They are NOT "tinkertoys", as some on this forum would have you believe.

They ARE one of the best riding, smoothest driving coacher you will EVER find.

The biggest problem with one of these is NOT that fact that's it's an "MCC", but that it's now 20+ years old.

Regardless, there are lots of posts about specifics, I'd suggest doing a search and reading them, then e-mailing people who ACTUALLY OWN them to get an opinion.

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
PS... this coach, for this price, is an absolute steal. These are great coaches, truly wonderful ride. These owners have upgraded one of the known "weak" spots, the rear brakes, and I'll bet this is a fabulous unit. Consider all the house components that are new within the last five years or so... the rebuilt engine... done well after Detroit Diesel made all the engineering upgrades... wow. If I had the cash, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

e-mail me on the side if you want more info.

Chris

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
I agree with duteman. We have a 1982 35' MCC Regency and love it. The motor was rebuilt by GM in 99 and it runs flawless. The ride is great and for a rig that big it handles and stops just fine. I get compliments all the time on its looks and how well its built. Its not a truck with a house built on it, but a well constructed motorcoach. It is 23 years old and you do have to maintain them. I learned this early on. They are not for the faint at heart. They need alot of TLC but will give you that in return.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to re-hash old posts, but lets be realistic here, even the Regency's made after the MCC era, the Gillig's, are now 17-20 years old (I think). ANY coach that old will need more TLC than a newer one... with any chassis under it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it went MCC-Gillig-Spartan? Regardless, just because Gillig is still in business does NOT mean that a parts guy is going to be able to get you a chassis part this afternoon. That was a low-volume chassis, certain details likely changed often in those years. My point is that the MCC chassis parts, if you need them, can be in your hand in a day. Not bad.

One complaint about these is that they are a tad underpowered. Well, if you drive it right, it moves right along, and can easily get 12-14 mpg. No big-block Cummins in a spartan is going to get you those kind of numbers!

If you have the money, buy this coach. They have clearly maintained it well.

Enjoy, Chris