Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1994 Breakaway XL for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
Due to a change in my circumstances, I am sadly selling the Barth. If any fellow ‘Barthmobilers’ knows someone looking for a fine coach, will appreciate the referral. To the best of my knowledge, I have represented the coach as accurately as possible and think it is a great deal. If anyone sees an error, please let me know.

1994 BARTH, 34 foot WIDE BODY (102 inches), 47,496 mile, CLASS A, Cummins 8.3 liter 6CT 250HP DIESEL, all aluminum MOTOR COACH. Coach comes with the 5 speed Allison MD3060 World Transmission with 2010 computer which shifts smoothly and has an extra large Hayden transmission cooler. This engine has cranked immediately each time, runs great, stays at 180-185 degrees going thru the mountains/desert and with the Banks addition including turbo, it has plenty of power. My first experience with driving the coach was to go from Ontario, CA where I bought it to Allegan Michigan. I went thru the deserts, the mountains and all sorts of road conditions and it did just fine mechanically. After the June GTG in Goshen, Indiana, I then drove it to Florida and had no problems. The only mechanical conditions were tripped breakers caused by my inexperience with the coach and a stuck exhaust brake component which freed up with lubrication. I was comfortable driving the coach as compared to a previously owned Class A. I might add that I did not have to add any oil on my 3200 mile trip.
It has a Howard steering stabilizer system but I have not used it . This is a 102 inch wide body coach built on a Gillig chassis with VIN number is 46GED1517P1052001. Some will recall that there was a VIN error on the title when I bought the coach and this was traced back to an error from the factory. With the information provided by Gillig, CarFax , Barthmobile data, and the frame tag, the state of Georgia re-issued the title with the corrected VIN.

There are a substantial amount of build schematics from Gillig and Barth on the coach along with the standard booklets from the vendors who made the AC, stove, refrigerator, etc.

The Kohler 7.5 kw generator with Kubota diesel engine has 647 hours and runs great.

The counter tops and kitchen sink are Corian and the cabinets were made by Barth and are Cherry.

As best as I can determine from Carfax, the coach spent its years in southern CA and did a little time in AZ which accounts for the lack of corrosion. It appears that the rear panels of the coach were repainted. The coach was housed for some 5 or 6 years in an aircraft hanger before I bought it and has been under a carport type cover since I have owned it (May 2012). I have routinely exercised the drive train and components up to full operating conditions.

The coach is equipped with a long list of items:

Chassis and power
Gillig Chassis
Turbo charged 250hp Cummins diesel pusher with Banks
Allison MD 3060 World automatic transmission w/retarder
Extra large Hayden transmission cooler
Electric engine heater.

Body
Wide body 102”
Sidewall metal of .040” aircraft aluminum over patented Barth construction featuring interlocking aircraft riveted .062” aluminum extrusions. Roof and belly pan metal one piece .032” aircraft aluminum. Fully insulated floor, ceiling, and walls (Dbl insulation in walls and ceiling). Sky light & Four awnings. Alloy wheels (22.5)

Capacities
Fuel Capacity: 147 gallons
LPG: 165 lb (approx 42 gal) permanently mounted (2/3 full). Gauge in cabin.
Potable water: approx 80 gallons in enclosed heated compartment
Black water: approx 60 gallons
Gray water: approx 40 gallons
Easy to drain and winterize.

Electrical
50 amp shore power, w/ 35’ cord
EMS shore power cord option (Electrical Management System) for shore power protection.
Heavy Duty batteries installed two years ago as per PO.
New 80 amp converter with battery charger (9/12) & Solar roof charger.
7.5 KW water cooled Kohler diesel powered generator in front with Kubota engine.. Remote power switches in cockpit and bedroom (start/shut down).
Two roof vents with fans. One fan has thermostat. Both have covers over vents.
Forced air heating.
Two roof air conditioners (13,500 BTU@) with heat strips (only time I used these, tripped breaker).

Two 110 volt exterior duplex outlets on GFI breaker.
One 110 volt duplex outlet in engine compartment.
LPG leak detector alarm with safety cut off in main area and BR.
Complete systems monitor panel.
Recessed lighting in main cabin.
Isle lights.
Roof mounted TV antenna with booster & CATV & King Dome Satellite antenna.
Aircraft style docking lights.
AM/FM/CD player. CD changer but have not used it.

Vehicle Systems
Panographic air powered windshield wipers with washer
Wrap around padded dash w/full instrumentation and warning system.
Dash mounted cruise control.
Leather steering wheel with tilt adjustment.
30,000 BTU cab air and heater
Forced air cabin heat.
Dual exterior mirrors remote controlled.
Heavy duty fog lamps.
Automatic extra large back up lights and back up alarm.
Dash mounted emergency start switch.
Lighted exterior grab handle (new OEM).
Porch light and utility light.
Lighted exterior storage compartments with rubber sealed doors.
Dual roof mounted air horn trumpets.
Remote control roof mounted spotlight.
Receiver type trailer hitch with wiring harness.
Hydraulic manual lever HWH leveling system.
Automatic electric step.
Closed circuit rear view TV system
Generator has hour meter on dash.

Plumbing
Large Corian double sink
Filtered water tap at sink in kitchen
6 gal LPG water heater w/ engine heat exchange and auto lighting
City water hook-up with remote control auto fill (not sure what that does)
Multiple low point water drains
Exterior water faucet behind locked door.

Furniture and Fixtures
Built in Color TV in front and in BR but not used and old style analog that came with it
DVD player with connection to both TV’s
10 cubic foot 4 door refrigerator w/ top freezer and ice maker. 110v, 12v plus LPG
Double burner drop in gas stove.
Corian range and sink covers
Spacious wood galley drawers and cabinets
Spacious closets and wardrobes with automatic lighting
Two six way pilot chairs in cockpit.
Cherry cabinetry, trim and doors. Overhead cherry cabinets with tilted mirrors inside.
Corian countertop.
Jackknife couch in front
Pocket door between kitchen and bath and between bath and bedroom.
Corner glass walled shower w/ skylight.
Hardwood floor in kitchen and tile floor in bath.
Walk-around isles to rear of coach (which was a big plus for me).
Queen size bed that is very comfortable.
Artic package (electric heaters for engine and tanks with switches above driver).

Maintenance since I have owned it May 2012.

1. Replaced engine oil and filters (main engine and generator) and antifreeze filter. Tested antifreeze and within specs for engine and replaced antifreeze for generator.
2. Replaced lexan grab bar next to door with OEM replacement.
3. New hubcaps for front wheels and new lug nut covers.
4. Pressure washed roof, removed all caulk, re-caulked, taped perimeter and re-coated two white coats. (March 2013)
5. Replaced front stabilizer bushings with poly bushings (April 2013)
6. Replaced RR Koni shock absorber with one ordered from Gillig (April 2013) to fix damage. Something hit that one.
7. Headlight switch and bright/dim headlight floor switch and LED parking/turns lights made by Ed. Have original.
8. Wiper blades.

Over the past three weeks I have driven the coach out on the road and it runs fine. All of the house systems work (both roof ACs, furnace, refrigerator, AC, air, stove, hot water heater, microwave, faucets, etc. It all works fine. There is something not working with the HTW jacks. I hear the pump but the jacks are not going down. Checked the fluid level and that is okay. Worked at GTG last June. It has the sensors on the front door and other doors but I never found a controller. The wiring schematic from Barth calls this K9 security. I thought those were dogs (lol). This is a screen door front door entry model. I have the screen door but it needs to be rescreened. I have not used the TVs. They are the old analog models that came with it.

http://s1196.photobucket.com/u.../slideshow/barth1994

I paid $28,500 for it last May and I want $25,000. Located in SE Georgia near Waycross. Email: -------------

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Tom,I am concerned about your health and circumstances.
Sorry that you are going to become a One-Year-Owner like myself.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
David: I am not selling due to heath problems but I do appreciate your concerns in that direction.

Tom

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
Due to a change in my circumstances, I am sadly selling the Barth. If any fellow ‘Barthmobilers’ knows someone looking for a fine coach, will appreciate the referral. To the best of my knowledge, I have represented the coach as accurately as possible and think it is a great deal. If anyone sees an error, please let me know.

1994 BARTH, 34 foot WIDE BODY (102 inches), 47,496 mile, CLASS A, Cummins 8.3 liter 6CT 250HP DIESEL, all aluminum MOTOR COACH. Coach comes with the 5 speed Allison MD3060 World Transmission with 2010 computer which shifts smoothly and has an extra large Hayden transmission cooler. This engine has cranked immediately each time, runs great, stays at 180-185 degrees going thru the mountains/desert and with the Banks addition including turbo, it has plenty of power. My first experience with driving the coach was to go from Ontario, CA where I bought it to Allegan Michigan. I went thru the deserts, the mountains and all sorts of road conditions and it did just fine mechanically. After the June GTG in Goshen, Indiana, I then drove it to Florida and had no problems. The only mechanical conditions were tripped breakers caused by my inexperience with the coach and a stuck exhaust brake component which freed up with lubrication. I was comfortable driving the coach as compared to a previously owned Class A. I might add that I did not have to add any oil on my 3200 mile trip.
It has a Howard steering stabilizer system but I have not used it . This is a 102 inch wide body coach built on a Gillig chassis with VIN number is 46GED1517P1052001. Some will recall that there was a VIN error on the title when I bought the coach and this was traced back to an error from the factory. With the information provided by Gillig, CarFax , Barthmobile data, and the frame tag, the state of Georgia re-issued the title with the corrected VIN.

There are a substantial amount of build schematics from Gillig and Barth on the coach along with the standard booklets from the vendors who made the AC, stove, refrigerator, etc.

The Kohler 7.5 kw generator with Kubota diesel engine has 647 hours and runs great.

The counter tops and kitchen sink are Corian and the cabinets were made by Barth and are Cherry.

As best as I can determine from Carfax, the coach spent its years in southern CA and did a little time in AZ which accounts for the lack of corrosion. It appears that the rear panels of the coach were repainted. The coach was housed for some 5 or 6 years in an aircraft hanger before I bought it and has been under a carport type cover since I have owned it (May 2012). I have routinely exercised the drive train and components up to full operating conditions.

The coach is equipped with a long list of items:

Chassis and power
Gillig Chassis
Turbo charged 250hp Cummins diesel pusher with Banks
Allison MD 3060 World automatic transmission w/retarder
Extra large Hayden transmission cooler
Electric engine heater.

Body
Wide body 102”
Sidewall metal of .040” aircraft aluminum over patented Barth construction featuring interlocking aircraft riveted .062” aluminum extrusions. Roof and belly pan metal one piece .032” aircraft aluminum. Fully insulated floor, ceiling, and walls (Dbl insulation in walls and ceiling). Sky light & Four awnings. Alloy wheels (22.5)

Capacities
Fuel Capacity: 147 gallons
LPG: 165 lb (approx 42 gal) permanently mounted (2/3 full). Gauge in cabin.
Potable water: approx 80 gallons in enclosed heated compartment
Black water: approx 60 gallons
Gray water: approx 40 gallons
Easy to drain and winterize.

Electrical
50 amp shore power, w/ 35’ cord
EMS shore power cord option (Electrical Management System) for shore power protection.
Heavy Duty batteries installed two years ago as per PO.
New 80 amp converter with battery charger (9/12) & Solar roof charger.
7.5 KW water cooled Kohler diesel powered generator in front with Kubota engine.. Remote power switches in cockpit and bedroom (start/shut down).
Two roof vents with fans. One fan has thermostat. Both have covers over vents.
Forced air heating.
Two roof air conditioners (13,500 BTU@) with heat strips (only time I used these, tripped breaker).

Two 110 volt exterior duplex outlets on GFI breaker.
One 110 volt duplex outlet in engine compartment.
LPG leak detector alarm with safety cut off in main area and BR.
Complete systems monitor panel.
Recessed lighting in main cabin.
Isle lights.
Roof mounted TV antenna with booster & CATV & King Dome Satellite antenna.
Aircraft style docking lights.
AM/FM/CD player. CD changer but have not used it.

Vehicle Systems
Panographic air powered windshield wipers with washer
Wrap around padded dash w/full instrumentation and warning system.
Dash mounted cruise control.
Leather steering wheel with tilt adjustment.
30,000 BTU cab air and heater
Forced air cabin heat.
Dual exterior mirrors remote controlled.
Heavy duty fog lamps.
Automatic extra large back up lights and back up alarm.
Dash mounted emergency start switch.
Lighted exterior grab handle (new OEM).
Porch light and utility light.
Lighted exterior storage compartments with rubber sealed doors.
Dual roof mounted air horn trumpets.
Remote control roof mounted spotlight.
Receiver type trailer hitch with wiring harness.
Hydraulic manual lever HWH leveling system.
Automatic electric step.
Closed circuit rear view TV system
Generator has hour meter on dash.

Plumbing
Large Corian double sink
Filtered water tap at sink in kitchen
6 gal LPG water heater w/ engine heat exchange and auto lighting
City water hook-up with remote control auto fill (not sure what that does)
Multiple low point water drains
Exterior water faucet behind locked door.

Furniture and Fixtures
Built in Color TV in front and in BR but not used and old style analog that came with it
DVD player with connection to both TV’s
10 cubic foot 4 door refrigerator w/ top freezer and ice maker. 110v, 12v plus LPG
Double burner drop in gas stove.
Corian range and sink covers
Spacious wood galley drawers and cabinets
Spacious closets and wardrobes with automatic lighting
Two six way pilot chairs in cockpit.
Cherry cabinetry, trim and doors. Overhead cherry cabinets with tilted mirrors inside.
Corian countertop.
Jackknife couch in front
Pocket door between kitchen and bath and between bath and bedroom.
Corner glass walled shower w/ skylight.
Hardwood floor in kitchen and tile floor in bath.
Walk-around isles to rear of coach (which was a big plus for me).
Queen size bed that is very comfortable.
Artic package (electric heaters for engine and tanks with switches above driver).

Maintenance since I have owned it May 2012.

1. Replaced engine oil and filters (main engine and generator) and antifreeze filter. Tested antifreeze and within specs for engine and replaced antifreeze for generator.
2. Replaced lexan grab bar next to door with OEM replacement.
3. New hubcaps for front wheels and new lug nut covers.
4. Pressure washed roof, removed all caulk, re-caulked, taped perimeter and re-coated two white coats. (March 2013)
5. Replaced front stabilizer bushings with poly bushings (April 2013)
6. Replaced RR Koni shock absorber with one ordered from Gillig (April 2013) to fix damage. Something hit that one.
7. Headlight switch and bright/dim headlight floor switch and LED parking/turns lights made by Ed. Have original.
8. Wiper blades.

Over the past three weeks I have driven the coach out on the road and it runs fine. All of the house systems work (both roof ACs, furnace, refrigerator, AC, air, stove, hot water heater, microwave, faucets, etc. It all works fine. There is something not working with the HTW jacks. I hear the pump but the jacks are not going down. Checked the fluid level and that is okay. Worked at GTG last June. It has the sensors on the front door and other doors but I never found a controller. The wiring schematic from Barth calls this K9 security. I thought those were dogs (lol). This is a screen door front door entry model. I have the screen door but it needs to be rescreened. I have not used the TVs. They are the old analog models that came with it.

http://s1196.photobucket.com/u.../slideshow/barth1994

I paid $28,500 for it last May and I want $25,000. Located in SE Georgia near Waycross. Email: --------------

Tom Taylor

posted Hide Post
Listing edited and reposted

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Wow, Exactly what I would be looking for in 5 to 10 years. Does the kid really need to go to college?

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Tom : you listed the transmission as an MD3060--5 spd.
Our MD3060 is a six(6)speed.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I will double check the documentation Bud but in doing some reading on the internet just now, they have 5 and 6 speed versions. The one manual I was looking at had a shifter layout with 5 speeds. Mine is the kind with the R, N, D, mode button and display on the top. Appears these transmissions had many applications for trucks and motorhomes.

Tom

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Tom,
Doesn't your key pad have 2 sets of display and count thru the numbers as you go thru the gears? Mine will go thru 1 to 6. I also have the MD 3060

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it does. I just did not provide a complete description of the shifter and it goes to 5.

Tom

posted Hide Post
I looked at the Gillig manuals that came with the coach and one is for the 3060. It also references 5 speeds. I do know that a PO spent $1000 in 2010 to buy two electronic modules. I think one was for the shifter and the other the main computer. Apparently this transmission had all sorts of configs and applications.

Tom Taylor

posted Hide Post
I sold the Barth. Rusty, thank you for your help and timely response.

Tom Taylor