Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    91/92 Barth Breakaway 28' Diesel Pusher $32k firm
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
91/92 Barth Breakaway 28' Diesel Pusher $32k firm
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The engine type is important; placement isn't. With the same engine, diesel pullers will exhibit the same longevity as a pusher.

Nor does a gasoline engine necessarily give up a large longevity premium to a diesel - it depends on the underlying design. The old IH 392 cu in gaso V8 is generally good for 400-500K in a truck, as is the Dodge four-bolt-main 318 cu in. The GM 6.2/6.5L and 8.2L diesels are not reknowned for durability.

The way the engines are managed by their operators is as important as fuel or design, IMHO.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to look at Jerry's coach on 12/20 (shortened by Cummins South not being able to locate the keys and my road sked) and again yesterday (in more detail) on my way back from MO.

I've looked at a lot of coaches in the past two years, and few (if any) of near its vintage showed as well.

The downside: There's a fist-sized dent in the right rear upper corner. The rear bumper has been, well, "tested". The headliner has some water stains (see below). The odometer has a "mind of its own" - working sometimes and sometimes not. The ,alfunction is related only to it's readability - when it does work, the mileage has accumulated.

The rest is upside; this a superb unit, obviously well-maintained by the prior owner, and Jerry has conscientiously continued the tradition. The A/C is new. There was a leak in the roof that has been located and repaired (by the front exhaust fan).

The interior is near-flawless; even the carpet (original?) could be cleaned and resored to its original lustre.

The tech at Cummins South reported that he drove it, and the short wheelbase did not affect its roadability...

Although the coach doesn't have the storage configuration I need for the gear I take to star parties, I've nevertheless put this one on my short list, based solely on its overall condition, and its "Barthness".

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
My Barth is now sold to a wonderful new Barth-meister. He'll hopefully join us when he gets back home. Dave, pls move this to Barth's sold and a thank you check is on the way. Jerry in Atlanta

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Somebody got a superb coach from a really fine seller!