Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    91/92 Barth Breakaway 28' Diesel Pusher $32k firm
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
91/92 Barth Breakaway 28' Diesel Pusher $32k firm
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted
After buying our Barth for full timing in the future, 2 of our daughters (of 6 total) have immediate needs for $ for long term grad programs and vehicles. I bought our coach from Larry Burrows in MO in late April. I had the brakes redone, all wiring & connections checked & redone, starter solenoid, and fuel filters redone. My mechanic now gives it the all systems go, and I have used it on 3 trips and it is great. I have $35k in it; I will take what I paid for it, $32k firm. email me here or call my voice mail 888.603.1776 ext 89502 (as I am offline most of the day). Here is the link to the pictures and stats on this great Breakaway from the Barth coaches sold section; https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000023.html

Thanks, stringmann (coach is in Atlanta)

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Why do I keep seeing these awesome Barths after I already bought one? If I had money, I'd probably buy a barnful of them.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Oh, it gets worse.......the longer you have yours, the more of a financial and emotional investment you have, making it more difficult to move up, even if you win the lottery or something.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and if you're like me, you've got the one you want firm in your mind, but you might as well be in the middle of the ocean to find it for sale. Then when you finally grit your teeth and buy something else (another Barth, fortunately) everybody with the one you want decides to sell it - and for thousands less than you paid. Oh well.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Is this a pusher and not a puller? How do pullers compare to pushers?

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
It is a pusher. Pushers I think are desirable because usually they are diesels and diesels are generally more smelly, noisy and bigger than gas engines so you would rather have them in the back and out of the way.

I know that there are some very important and significant engineering considerations also but my knowledge and concern do not extend beyond my own personal comfort zone...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Pusher/Puller - as far as exhaust is concerned, it'll be routed to the back. The big advantages of the pusher arrangement are a more-efficient drivetrain (short driveshaft) and increased quiet, rather than having the engine sit right next to the driver/passenger.

Another advantage is that pushers' engines tend to have easier access for maintenance, once the cover is removed, although that can be more of an event than removing the doghouse on a puller.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard_Muise:
How do pullers compare to pushers?[/B]

....EGO...let's not forget the indefatigable male ego.....Darwin (or somebody) researched it thoroughly, and found a direct genetic connection between diesel fuel, air brakes and testosterone.

There's just something about controlling a machine with a low rpm grumble and pressing on a big silver pedal that goes "Pa-Shish"..

I WILL have a Breakaway/Regency someday.....Can't afford it....Doesn't make a bit of sense....

Fortunately, some things in life don't have to......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Just a note on this one. In the pictures, there is a small dog house up front. It seems odd that it would be for the genny, but could be.

Since there is no rear view, and the side visible doesn't show any rear access on the passenger side, I would question the pusher issue.

I know Regency's have engine access on both sides and in the rear. However; I have no experience with Breakaways.

Any comments on this?

Bill G

[This message has been edited by goodwinw (edited October 25, 2005).]

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Engine life! There's nothing quite like cruising at 65mph and 1800rpm. True, the maintenance on diesels is said to be higher. I've had both and would vote for a nice Cummins 300 hooked to an Allison 6-speed. The 454 and Gear Vendors in my Regal are very nice but I know that I'll have to replace the 454 at somewhere around 100000 miles. The Cummins would run longer than I will. My dream? A 30' Breakaway with a 300 Cummins/6-speed and a long wheelbase. Of course if I ever found one, I'd have to sell my 85 Regal and cash flow would become a problem while that was happening. Oh, for just one win of the lottery!
Jim

------------------

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
Hi Jered et al: Yes, my coach is still for sale. I have been on the road for 2 weeks and my Breakaway was at Cummins South in Atlanta having the wiring to the dash checked. The super there now says he drove her home and she is all ready for me to pick up. My trouble is that I am in rather heavy business travel currently and won't get there to pick her up for a few days.
But call 888.603.1776 ext 89502 anytime and we'll set up a time to talk.

Also, this is a diesel pusher and there is no 'dog house' up front. Thanks.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Stringman,

In one of the pictures there is a stepped, carpeted component under the dash up front. What is that for?

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Report This Post
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
Hi: the carpeted, stepped component under the dash is a footstool for the passenger seat (sort of ottoman). This is front entry, so the passenger seat is recessed a bit, so the footstool is kept under the dash but moves to the feet of the passenger (if the passenger is altitudinally challenged, as is my beloved). Thanks.

Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Barth is truely custom.

Thanks, Bill G

posted Hide Post
the reason for a pusher over a puller is diesel design. the diesel engine is a compression engine and the block, pistons, valves and everything else which we mere mortal know as the engine, is produce to be 4 times the strength on a diesel. So, while a gasoline has a useful life of 150k miles a diesel pusher will see 600k miles possibly more, if maintained right!

Posts: 1 | Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA | Member Since: 12-27-2005Report This Post