Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1988 Barth Regal needs a new owner
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sue W
posted
This coach was purchased 10 yrs ago off of eBay by 2 uneducated Barth/motorhome people. We bit off much more than we can chew. I am not sure if we could sell it in the condition it is in. We had work done several times on it after the purchase but the the issues were not resolved and the mechanics kept putting band-aids on her. She needs an owner with the skill and knowledge to fix her. While I (Sue) really like the coach it has become less likely to get her fixed as time goes on. I would like her to go to a new home and restored or maybe just used for parts. Frowner
My husband will be the one to speak with about what has been done. I will try to get additional pictures and see if I can upload them later. Anyone in the area is welcome to come see her. She has been sitting for several years. Frowner
Hubby (Joe) is available by phone in the evenings 865-360-6477. We will be out of town for several weeks at the end of April.
The data tag is on my profile page.
Thank you
Sue Weigel

Posts: 17 | Location: Knoxville Tn | Member Since: 04-20-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
Hi Sue,

Best of luck! I know the feeling! LOL Nice looking Barth!

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere might be able to recommend a competent, affordable shop in the area.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of Sue W
posted Hide Post
Thank you ❤️

posted Hide Post
Hi!
Is this still available? Do you have more pictures and what are you asking?
Thanks!
Barb

Posts: 29 | Location: Prescott, AZ, USA | Member Since: 06-28-2004Report This Post
Picture of Sue W
posted Hide Post
yes still available. I'll try to get hubby to upload pictures this weekend. We're asking $2,500 OBO. She needs some work that are unable to get done. Frowner
Thank you for inquiring.
Sue Weigel

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
i do not need a second barth regal but yours sure looks nice inside . way more pictures and info would help . would we purchased ours last summer and just completed a trip to florida . i love the thing .. my wife not so much ...it is true one needs a multi thousand dollar budget to maintain one of these . and maybe more importantly mechanical ability . but i believe than any rv new or old will have repair high cost . new ones must have $20,000 per year depreciation and monthly payments over your total asking price .
we intend to keep our come hell or high water , if some prospective buyer need some info on a regal i would be glad to put in a encouraging word . you can use my number jack

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just out of curiosity I looked up what a new rebuilt shortblock would cost. Here's a couple under 3 grand with 5 year warranties. If you could get it done for less than 5 grand, which I would guess is high, you'd have 10 grand into this beautiful coach. https://www.powertrainproducts...ol-Engines-s/244.htm

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Picture of Sue W
posted Hide Post
This coach has a new owner. Thank you Barthmobile.com