Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    16.5 ft. Barth Executive Travel Trailer $500 OBO

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
16.5 ft. Barth Executive Travel Trailer $500 OBO
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

Trailer is in Palm Bay, FL. For more info call: Dale Johnson 321-409-2803

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,

like the way the new forum works!

where can I find more info on "executive trailer" by barth? how were they finished on the inside? I'm very intersted!

paul (currently w/o barth but with two airstream (one more than I need))

paul

Posts: 29 | Location: austin, tx | Member Since: 07-21-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Somewhere in the archives of this site are interior pix of another Barth trailer of this approximate vintage. They are typical of other quality rigs of that day, with real wood paneling, and appliances and countertops typical of the period. Almost anything this old is going to require restoration and/or remodeling.

I first became enamored with Barths in 1969. We bought our first RV, a 19' trailer, from a dealer who also handled Barths. The Barths were twice as pricey (well above my pay grade then)and easily twice the quality.

Posts: 2 | Location: Sequim, WA | Member Since: 02-21-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am quite familiar w/ renovation. we did a lot of that on our 72 barth (now sold) and I'm currenly restoring/renovating a 70 airstream safari and a 72 airstream globetrotter.

btw, I found that when looking through the gallery all the forum links are bad, ie. if you are on page 13 of the gallery and hit the forum button you will get an error

I could find no pix of these trailers. florida is just a bit far and w/ the price of diesel being what it is and the 12-15 mpg.... still, at $500 it'd be worth it to gut and use as an office or even tool shed.

paul (austin, tx)

Posts: 29 | Location: austin, tx | Member Since: 07-21-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuegos100:
at $500 it'd be worth it to gut and use as an office or even tool shed.

paul (austin, tx)

Ah, the tragedy of it all. Such an ignominious end for such a quality product.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I called this gentlemen today to inquire about this trailer, and was told that it was "long gone".

Apparently, there is a lucky new Barth owner in Ohio. He drove to FLA to get it, and 'knew' what he was getting.

Very glad to see it end up in the hands of an enthusiast, but it left me wondering where the rest of these trailers are?

Dave, leave the ad up with the phone number redacted. It serves to remind us of the great variety of "Barth" items...

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Report This Post