Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
FOR SALE - 1990 Barth Regal 28 Foot
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Immaculate interior, 42K miles on odometer, only 3K miles on new Ford 460 gas engine. New Michelin radial tires (approximately 500 miles on tires) Front end alignment, new brakes, brake lines and Bilstein gas shocks 500 miles ago. New High Def 23 inch Samsung tv with PC input. GPS input into TV for great GPS driving display. New A/C, refrig and convection microwave 1 year ago. Carpet is in excellent condition, cherry wood cabinets, leather forward cabin Steelcase seats (both power) Rear bath, center twin beds and sleeper couch. Rear suspension air bags. Hadley dual horns and compressor about 3 months old. Generator run perfect. Stainless headers with new exhaust. Barth nameplates and entry lighted grab handle parts just rechromed at $500.00. New tire covers. I only know of 1 problem and that will be fixed tomorrow - an air ride compression fitting. All manuals and blueprints of coach included. New premium cd/radio just installed. This coach drives beautiful.
Everything works properly, no problems or concerns. We are selling to upgrade to a much larger coach. 3rd owner. $25,000.00 FIRM. [edit 10/27/07: removed phone number and contact info - coach is sold]

EDIT: All photos were lost when Dave had an issue with the Photobucket account. More info on this can be found at his post. My Bad...Very Bad

The spare tire cover no longer has names on it, the HD TV installed, graphic decals have been removed, etc. etc. Also there are 3 window and the large side awning have all been added as new upgrades that I forgot to mention. Used only 3 times. Dave V.

Posts: 19 | Location: The Villages, Florida USA | Member Since: 02-04-2006Report This Post
FKA: PL77
posted Hide Post
This thread needs more pictures.

But it sounds like a really nice coach.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've seen this coach (last February), and it's in primo condition inside and out. There are a substantial number of useful upgrades and a lot of nice extra details (where else you gonna find a Barth with NEW taillight lenses and redone Barth logos?)

I can't imagine there's much, if any, work it'll need....more likely, none.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Update on the sale of this Barth. We have decided NOT to sell our Barth. We previously thought we would buy something bigger. Unless we wanted to spend about $100,000 or more we couldn't even find anything that was as "overall" as nice as ours. Bigger - yes, but solid cherry wood, HD television, leather, tires, and cleanliness we couldn't find for a reasonable price. So - we are not selling our Barth and are having fun keeping a motor home that is always a conversation piece where ever we go. In fact, I just bought a tow bar and an electric brake unit for our SUV. (Anybody know where there is a dis-engaging drive shaft for a 2005 GMC Envoy?) Thanks for your phone calls, assistance, etc, etc. And Dave B. for your re-work of my ad. Dave and Sandi V.

Posts: 19 | Location: The Villages, Florida USA | Member Since: 02-04-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Smiler Dave and Sandi: I also have just recently purchased a 1990 Barth 28'that is in spectacular condition. Can you tell me where and how you mounted a 23" flat screen tv into the unit? I was thinking of a fold down ceiling mount, but I'm undecided.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Somehow, I figured (hoped?) it would turn out this way Smiler. There's nothing to compare to a Barth, especially one in the condition yours is...I didn't think that SOB could measure up (but what SOB can?)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
IT IS FOR SALE AGAIN ! July 4, 2006. We changed our minds again and have now decided to place the Barth back up for sale. If you want the original tv re-installed, I can remove the 23" HD TV and reduce the price. The TV and accordian mount was $1,000.00. The minor air leak was fixed. It was just an inline fitting to the air bags. Questions? Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx, The Villages, FL. We are ready to sell!

posted Hide Post
John Charles: Congratulations on your purchase. Ironic - same year, model and footage! The flatscreen installation is relatively easy. Circuit City has various flat screen accordian type television mounts. Just remove your old tv and install a solid wood backing plate inside your motorhome's tv cabinet. Then fasten (bolt) the tv mount to it and then the tv just mounts to the accordian plate. ac power is hot all the time and the tv has a pc input for our laptop computer. We have microsoft streets and trips with a roof mounted GPS antenna so the voice activated GPS runs all the time on flat screen in full crystal clear color. We also have a power roadmaster dish type tv antenna so we get several channels while in motion too. Call me if you have detailed questions. Dave V

posted Hide Post
SOLD SOLD SOLD

Thanks to everyone in the barthmobile family. Dave B. - You have been wonderful and we have met so many wonderful people via e:mail. And Rusty, it was so nice for you to drive all the way to the NHRA Race area to meet us. We sold the Barth in about a week or so and bought a Tiffin Allegro Zephyr, 42 foot with a 450 HP Cummins Diesel and will take delivery at Lazy Days next week. Thank you again. My wife will especially miss the Barth. It was a great experience. Dave Vanderwall

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I didn't think it would take long, since your Regal was in absolutely pristine shape!

Congratulations on your "slightly" larger motorhome!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Sorry! Brain fart here@!!!

Posts: 25 | Location: Lanesboro MN | Member Since: 09-01-2006Report This Post