Search
Notify
Tools
1990 38' Regency Widebody
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of thomfeit
posted
Friends,

Here is the list of items on this coach. Prior to posting this unit for sale on eBay and other locations, I am offering it for sale to those who know and appreciate the Barth Regency. Since those here are familiar with the history and construction of a Barth, allow me to skip right to the items that make this unit unique. A year ago Dale Smith (Brother Smith) of Indianapolis had the “kissing cousin” to this unit. That unit, while he did sell it, is still one of the most beautiful classic Barth Regency models I have seen.

We purchase this unit in the summer of 2005 for $35,000. During the past 20 months we invested another $12,000 in repairs and replacements – mainly with items dealing with the mechanicals (water system, electrical system, etc.) and a lesser amount on the house portion of this unit. We do have all repair statements. Recovered both of the Captain’s chairs with new beige leather, recovered the sofa with new fabric. We dyed the former mauve dash with beige to match the chairs. While keeping the natural wood of the above cabinets, we did paint out the wooden lambrequin around the windows. We removed one of the bench seats at the dining table, so that a chair could be used – result is more room. The other bench remains for the hot water heater is below. Fabric was placed on the walls leading from the kitchen to the bedroom. We removed the fabric and headliner in the bedroom and installed a new ceiling covered with a woven fabric. Classic airplane reading lights replaced the florescent ceiling lights. I am still working on a layout of the unit. Since I have not found one similar, I can not “cut and paste” a diagram. But I am still working on it. I hope the pictures will help you in understanding the layout of the coach.

The outside shows a couple of “kisses” from rocks or boulders I encountered along the way. However the paint and body are in wonderful shape.

Here are important items:
38’ Widebody Barth Regency 1990
3208 300 hp Cat with 104,650 miles
Last engine service with new filters and fluids was just at 4,000 miles ago.
8 K W diesel generator
Side aisle floor plan
50 lb LPG tank
150 gallon fuel tank
100 gallon fresh water tank
50 gallon grey, and 50 gallon black holding tanks
6 Michelin tires about 2.5 years old – 15 K miles on them
Whole coach exhaust fan
3 LPG furnaces
2 roof AC with heat strips
15” LCD TV in front / 12” TV in bedroom
Datron In-Motion Satellite Dish – no receiver, former owner took it.
XM radio antenna – former owner took receiver
New Pioneer AM/FM/CD receiver with 9 speakers in coach
4 HWH jacks
Queen bed with overhead light controls
Pass through closet from bedroom to bathroom
Fully enclosed bathroom with neo-angle shower, toilet, vanity, plenty of storage
Kitchen with 4 burner stove, microwave/convention oven, and counter top blender with all the parts – still works wonders for Margaritas

I welcome any questions. Most all of the work on the coach – both mechanical and for the house portion was performed at Charlotte RV Service Center, Port Charlotte, FL.

Here is the link for a slideshow of the unit.1990 Regency Slideshow

NADA gives a value range of $40,340 to $48,665 with the options on this coach. Asking price is $37,500. We are motivated to sell this coach.

Thom
thomfeit@cox.net
480-656-0826
120 N. Val Vista Dr. #222 Mesa, AZ 85213

Thom & Barb Feit
SOB

Posts: 44 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Member Since: 06-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Absolutely beautiful coach

I attached the 1991 Barth Regency Brochure which I understand is exactly the same as the 1990. Should be interesting to potential buyers

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
Dave, thank you for the brochure. As we now know, there are no two Barths exactly alike.
"Vive la difference"

Our is the same in the front half of the coach, even the kitchen is on the same side as ours. But in ours we have a half bench - then table - then the space for a chair. Also the bath is all enclosed, and on the left side of coach. Thus the closet is placed between the bathroom and the bedroom.

The 38'layout is very close with the exception noted.

Thom

Thom & Barb Feit
SOB

Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
Question ~ do you believe this coach could bring $35K? What is the thinking of the group?

Thom

Thom & Barb Feit
SOB

Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
I would start at least $45000 a 32 regency here in seattle area was listed for 49500 and they got 45000 for it. Don,t sell your self short.these are very nice coachs and there are not that many of them around.

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
The secret is having people see the coach. People fall in love with Barths when they see them in real life. And, in this day and age there are tons of people especially in Arizona who could write a check out of their brokerage account for $40K. I have attached a little blurb I wrote a couple years ago. It really works and almost everyone who has tried it go more than book.

How To Sell Your Barth

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thomfeit:
Question ~ do you believe this coach could bring $35K? What is the thinking of the group?

Thom

Most of us have no real idea, as only asking prices are seen here. The selling price is usually unknown.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
We posted today our 1990 Barth Regency on eBay. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990-Barth-Classic-Regen...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thom & Barb Feit
SOB

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I linked it over here as well - I didn't know it was the same coach...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
Well, it did not sell or meet our reserve price. Highest bid was $29,599.99. Now we must decide whether to keep the Barth, or relist on eBay. There seemed to be a wealth of units - both on this site and others - just as we wanted to sell.

We shall keep all posted.

Thom & Barb Feit
SOB

posted Hide Post
That's unfortunate, Thom. The way the bids were going up I was pretty sure you were going to get your $35K for it.

Well, I guess now you can donate it to whatever charity that was :P

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the market is just much tougher now than it ever was - especially as fuel prices continue to remain high and as these machines get older and older. I hate to say it but I think there is a point of no return for older motorhomes (not this one of course). I've seen it happen with Newells and Birds that I have been following for the last year too. Maybe I'll just buy a pop-up!

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think this one would hit 30K. The previous seller (2005) was asking 50K and probably realized he would never get it. So they sold it for 35K. Great deal for the seller! Even at this point in its career, you can count on 7-10K depreciation per year and fuel prices are killing this end of the market. This is how they end up like this. out to pasture. I would call the guy that bid the $29,599.99 and see if he really wants it, although I doubt that he really does. He probably suspected the reserve was 30K and really did not want it, but just testing the waters. These are becoming real dinosaurs. I think this coach had some windshield clouding and leak issues along with being a smokers and pets vehicle.

Posts: 6 | Location: FL | Member Since: 11-19-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the diesel fuel situation has any effect on the market.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of thomfeit
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this coach had some windshield clouding and leak issues along with being a smokers and pets vehicle.

The leak issues were with the house portion water system, problem was solved. While we do not smoke, do not know about former owners, all new carpet and fabric have taken care of any odor issues. Yes, there is a small amount of "windshield smoke" along the bottom 1 inch of the front windshields.

In 2005 we paid $35K for the coach. Immediately we spent another $12K in the mechnicals of the coach. Then spent another $3K on the interior decorating.

We will be placing the coach on eBay this week.

Reason for selling, as stated before, we have not used it as often as we thought and do not see us using it during the next several months.

Wow - for an investment of nearly $50K and then in 2 years take a $20K loss, perhaps I should invest in the stock market. Wink

Thom & Barb Feit
SOB