Search
Notify
Tools
GA ~ 1993 Barth Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Because of a recent purchase "Ugly Betty" is for sale. Many of you are familiar with our coach but I will try to give a good description.

1993 Barth Regency 32ft. Widebody
Chassis - Gillig
Engine - Caterpillar 3208TA 300HP
Transmission - Allison MT647 4 speed with lockup converter
Data Tag - 9207-0160-32RG-2C
Current mileage - 105,000
Floor Plan - Walk-thru Bath, Rear Twin Beds, Street side Kitchen
Asking Price - $29,500.00

We have owned the coach since September, 2007 and have continuously tried to maintain and update the appearance and equipment of it. The coach was repainted as soon as we purchased it. The previous paint job was terrible hence the nickname "Ugly Betty". I hope the interior pictures do the coach justice. We have replaced the Refrigerator with a new Dometic Americana 9cuft model. The couch has been replaced with a new Flexsteel "jackknife" unit. While at the GTG in Goshen, we installed two (2) new Euro Recliner chairs with build in foot rest. Both televisions have been replaced with flat screen units, a 20" LCD in the bedroom and a 24" LED up front. Both TV's have DVD players attached. An In-motion satellite dome was installed before our summer trip. The carpet in the front and rear of the coach has been replaced. The hardwood floor in the kitchen and entry steps have been refinished. The table was also refinished. It has corian counter tops in the kitchen and bath. Both have molded in corian sinks. The center dash area was rebuilt to include a center storage area with two drawers and a new gauge panel. The new gauge panel includes two additional 12vdc outlets and a 120vac outlet powered by an inverter for use on the road.

Please PM me if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Also comes with new driveshaft universals, an LSU gnome, and two cases of Glenlivet 18... ROTFLMAO

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just W of Augusta, and it needs nothing. I'm VERY familiar with this coach - I'm a friend of Nick's, and have ridden in and worked on it.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I'm a friend of Nick's, and have ridden in and worked on it.
I've worked underneath it and can attest to the statement. Big Grin
quote:
Also comes with new driveshaft universals.
So, whoever buy this Barth will have the only one with a new driveshaft and U-joints personally installed by me. mechanic

Good luck Nick! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I guess I finally got thru to Him. He goes out and buys a UK blue Coach. I guess He can come to Ky and watch a good team.

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
It is definitely worth that kind of money. I paid $28,500 for mine. The man I bought it from paid $33,500 3 years ago. Mine is in good condition but Nick's is in excellent condition. I do not think the market generally understands Barth. I spent a lot of time researching RVs. Several years ago spend way more than this on a 99 Coachmen and hated it and traded it for a 2007 Montana Mountaineer which I recently traded for a
Z car. lol

The Barth is the best deal for the money of any out there unless you got a lot of money and want a Prevost or the like.

Nick, I would put it on Ebay with buy it now for your price. I know there was a guy in CA who would have paid $34 or so for mine had I not closed the deal ahead of him.

Tom Taylor
94 Breakaway XL

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, whoever buy this Barth will have the only one with a new driveshaft and U-joints personally installed by me.

Driveshaft yes, U-joints, no. The ones installed in D.C. were defective (blocked grease passages) and failed, so Nick put in new ones last year.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Nick,
Didn't you replace all the wiring too.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Nick,
Didn't you replace all the wiring too.
Tere
I think you are remembering this little project. mechanic

Nick

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Found another BlueBird I'm interested in but would have to sell the Barth first. If anyone is interested send me a PM. Since this was listed last year, New tires and wheel balancers were install in December at a cost of about $3,500.

Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And details, pix and linkie are....

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
And details, pix and linkie are....
At the beginning of this thread.

Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I meant the Bluebird...java

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Now we do need to sell the Barth. Don't need two coaches. Additional maintenance and upgrades that have been completed recently:
New shock absorbers
New Skylight
New Leveling valves in the rear
New Headliner
Oil and filters changed last week.
Cooling system drain flushed and refilled with 50/50 mix of CAT antifreeze/coolant
Front wheel bearings and seals replaced and repacked

Nick

posted Hide Post
NICK DO YOU OR CAN YOU PROVIDE PHOTOS OF ENGINE COMPARTMENT,CHASSIS AND ROOF ETC,ANYTHING EXTRA YOU CAN THINK OF IF YOU WERE THINKING OF BUYING COACH. THX ALSO, WHAT IS NEW ASKING PRICE

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post