Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1997 Monarch Custom
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Gunner
posted
Health problems require the sale of our coach. After January we plan to formally advertise at a firm price of $40,000 (actually $39,999 Wink); if I can't get that price it will be gifted to a family member. I figure it'll cost $1,500-$2,000 to sell, Soooo:
Anyone SERIOUSLY interested at $38,000, "AS-IS", may contact me now off-Barth-site at xxxxxxx@xoxo.com to initiate a discussion of any and all details plus pictures, etc.
Datatag #9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Spartan Chassis #4S7MT9K02TC022657
Kohler 7KW propane gen. Model 7CCKM22 Ser 457132.
Classified and registered as a 1997, it was ordered in the Spring of '96 and delivered at the factory late October 1996; cost $201,000. Pictured in site photo in BARTH MONARCHS -Dave Bowers (above). Sikkens Paint; unique paint scheme by wife Barb.
Pretty well loaded out: 4 awnings; Corian in Kitchen & Bath + Dining tabletop; side-by-side Dometic; icemaker separate from Ref (beneath pantry); full pantry with cherry slide drawers; designed for washer/dryer in bath but built with large cabinets, and can be converted; cherry; ultraleather; two huge domed skylights, one over shower; ceramic tile floor in kitchen/hall/bath; interior redone two years ago; etc.
Huge -unbelievable- amount of storage underneath with one 4 door pass-through compartment plus 3 large compartments. We designed this as a full-timer, although we haven't fully used it as such.

Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 turbocharged intercooled diesel (true 325 HP) with Allison MD3060 6-speed transmission. 60,000+ well-maintained miles (done by yours truly, so it was done properly!).

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Gunner, all I can say is that at the price you are willing to take, it should be gone before the weekend. Wish I was in the market!!!

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Will you let them take it on a test drive? Wink
Is it blue or black?
Link:
http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6041087061/m/...301042161#4301042161

NT

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Wish I was in the market!!!

Nick

DITTO! I love our Stagecoach but I'd love to move up to a one of the newest Barths out there.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth I paid $50,000 for my 1998 38' in August this year, 77K miles. I know the market has softened since I bought my rig. I have needed to put about $3K into the unit as it was not as advertised, coming from a dealer and not a private person, who would have taken better care of it.

So your price is very fair for a 1997 from a private owner.

Good luck

Tom

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Loughney:
For what it's worth I paid $50,000 for my 1998 38' in August this year, 77K miles... So your price is very fair for a 1997 from a private owner.
FWIW: I think it's a steal.

If you've been on our site for any length of time, you would know how Gunner is when it comes to maintenance issues. My personal thoughts... if Gunner is 1/2 as thorough as I believe him to be, the coach is very well maintained. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
My "less than tactful" mouth has gotten me in trouble with Gunner in the past regarding the "new style" Barths. I just want to say, after seeing Corey and Cheri's beautiful coach at the GTG, these are incredible coaches, with every bit of the class and finish of all the Barths built over the years. If I was in the position financially and looking for something of this caliber, I'd be on the plane tomorrow!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
What we need here is the ability to trade like professional sports. Several members could trade up and down as long as it involved me ending up with the 97 Barth and Gunner with the moula! Do we have an agent here that can work this out? Big Grin

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunner: I am interested in your coach...Could you send me Photos and the complete data sheet...? I am in Alaska and want a newer coach in the next three-six months. If the coach looks right for my needs I could be on a flight to take a look...If you would provide me your Number I will call... Fairbanks-AK

Posts: 1 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Member Since: 12-14-2008Report This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Will you let them take it on a test drive?
Is it blue or black?
No; of course not (one of the advantages of selling it "too cheap").
Sikkens Midnight Sapphire Blue which appears black in all but bright sunlight or Commercial Parking-lot high intensity lights, when it is metallic Blue-black, thus "Midnight Sapphire"; Metallic Silver middle and Royal Blue lower. (Still have one pint each of original touch-up paint (3 colors); sloshes when moved, so I assume it is good).

NOW: Black Beauty is moving from Texas to Iowa. Or, will be, when the deal is complete in mid- January. Put another way: I have a ring and a date but no contract (a deposit has been received). The prospective Bride and Groom will post a wedding announcement when the deal is consummated Wink. Those of you who expressed an interest will hear from me if there is any change. Best wishes G

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
NOW: Black Beauty is moving from Texas to Iowa. Or, will be, when the deal is complete in mid- January.
I just received this email from Gunner.

Bill: The Barth sale is complete and it is on the way to Iowa. I'll ask you to post or delete the "For Sale" notice.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post