Search
Notify
Tools
Barth Monarch For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Wow! Another NC Monarch. Would love to see what this one looks like inside.
http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=26778

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Wow! Another NC Monarch. Would love to see what this one looks like inside.

I have emailed them looking for additional info. They want 72k with a toad. Trying to get a price without and inside pics.

http://1001rvs.com/pics/R26778a.jpg

What is the deal on the no rivet look... I know we have talked about it before. How is it bonded to the chasis? Advantage and disadvantages? I would like some "IMHO" and facts on this please.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill, I live about 25 miles from Denver and would be glad to run up and see it for you. I have some experience with newer coaches, having owned a 95 Dynasty. Of course it wasn't a barth!
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"...What is the deal on the no rivet look. I know we have talked about it before. How is it bonded to the chasis? Advantage and disadvantages? I would like some IMHO and facts on this please."

1-"No rivets": It has vertical rows of rivets, just like the oldies. The picture is out of focus; it doesn't show the vertical seam where the front fiberglass cap joins the metal body just behind the windshield either.
Disadvantage: The "ripple" in the metal (my '97 has it) in hot weather.
Advantage of "no rivets": ?? Visual - this "modern" ??? paint scheme won't work well on corrugated sides. (I think the "swoop" paint is UGLEEE - far below the old horizontal style.)
It is underpowered with the small Cummins.
Hey! -You asked for opinions!

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 24, 2006).]

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Gunner I agree with you on the swirls. I have always thought the horizontal strip design looked especially nice. I have to give credit to Barth for creativity. Of the hundreds and hundreds of photos I have not seen a duplicate. Some of the Breakaways are really close but a close look will show that they are all the different.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
It has vertical rows of rivets, just like the oldies. The picture is out of focus; it doesn't show the vertical seam where the front fiberglass cap joins the metal body just behind the windshield either.
Disadvantage: The "ripple" in the metal (my '97 has it) in hot weather.
Advantage of "no rivets": ?? Visual - this "modern" ??? paint scheme won't work well on corrugated sides. (I think the "swoop" paint is UGLEEE - far below the old horizontal style.)
It is underpowered with the small Cummins.
Hey! -You asked for opinions!

Just what I wanted Gunner. Anyone else? What's the Book on this? 72k with toad. I am awaiting a response for price without and someone to weigh in on a fair market value for this coach.

quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
Bill, I live about 25 miles from Denver and would be glad to run up and see it for you.

Thank you for the offer. I might take you up on that. I am awaiting a price and to see what mods were made. Also looking for a weigh in on anything else before I ask you to go look as I don't want to waste your time.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No 34' Monarch listed - for 35' Monarch, NADA print says tradein $38760, avg retail $52,550.

I think the 5.9L was maxed out at 230HP - I'd guess this has the 8.3L - which could probably be uprated.

Compared to the bizarre paint on some contemporary coaches, that scheme looks pretty restrained...

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited January 24, 2006).]

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The problem with people saying 230 or 250 or 300 is they are talking HP.

When I look at a motor I want to know 8.3 or 5.9 You really can't tell by looking at a HP rating number.

Heck that could be an L10 motor (slim to none) too and you wouldn't know it by the HP rating.

If it had the right piston, turbo, injectors, exhaust etc. you could make a 5.9 or 8.3 dance. Now I don't hot rod 5.9 pickup motors but a friend of mine does and he races his in Jersey.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.TruckRoadService.com/

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"... think the 5.9L was maxed out at 230HP - I'd guess this has the 8.3L"...

Naaahh, I don't think so. The engine air inlet is different, i.e. on the driver side, in the Spartan/Cummins 8.3 chassis configuration. I notice it has similar or same headlights my '86 Regal had. What's up with that?? The "Monarch" was supposed to be "new".

------------------

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited January 24, 2006).]

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill--going to see a Barth is never a waste of time for me--just a chance to meet some new people and learn more about Barths.

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Isn't this a Breakaway, not a Monarch??? Take another look.

------------------

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ray has seen this one as well, and it's definitely a Monarch. BTW, he said it's in superb shape.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All,

FWIW, I floated a tentative offer to Mr. Andrews. If I get a nibble, we'll make a visit with a cashier's check in my wallet. wish me luck.

Bill

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill(eugarps) Did you decide against Mr. Hoyle's Regency? The Barth in Denver looks great, too. About the same price as Mr. Houles Monarch but with a toad. Imagine, three very nice Barths within 30 miles of each other in the Charlotte, NC region, (four if you include my 85 Regal which I still haven't recovered from Tennessee yet).

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by humbojb:
if you include my 85 Regal which I still haven't recovered from Tennessee yet.

Are they still trying to figure out your alternator problems?