Search
Notify
Tools
Killer 32 foot Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who gave information on this. After a thorough inspection and testing of component parts and systems; and after the gentleman took back his Regency we went to south Texas, and bought it. FYI - the front end is sound and was 2 deg out of camber. No leaks, only a bad hinge on the skylight in the hall next to the bathroom. $4 caulk and replaced hinge with stainless one and problem solved. The awnings all work electrically and are in fine shape and the dash air and reading lights were corroded fuses and one loose connection. Drives very smoothly (since I have never driven a Barth I could only compare to my Mercedes S420, and it is comparable.) All electrics work, storage bays are clean and tight and everything is on a central alarm system, Didn't expect it but it has a propane sniffer system that shuts off supply when pressure drops or gas is detected. Won't worry about frying up now as was the subject of many other horror stories I read over the last month. The coach seems as tight as a new one and it certainly runs strong and smooth. I didn't expect the power that comes when the turbo kicks in, even at 65 mph.
So far everything is better than expected and I anticipate several trips prior to our annual Indy 500 week event. If any other Barth owners want to see the Greatest Spectacle in Racing, look us up, we'll be in RV Lot 3 next to the Southwest Vista near the Speedway Hotel.
Look forward to learing about this coach and getting help from those who know about maintenance and repairs, or upgrades, (right now I haven't seen anything that could upgrade this - it is awesome.)

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Well Hawk as you can see I started this thread with a title "Killer 32 foot Regency". I am so glad that it wasn't as rough as previouly reviewed. It is sure a beautiful coach. These air ride Gilligs were the top of the line full air ride chassis. Unfortunately that do not build RV chassis anymore but they do build the bulk of city transit buses.

I hope it doesn't sound to wierd but one thing I am really jealous of is your toilet.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Glad someone here got her I would have had I not bought mine earlyer. you will love the coach.the 3208 takes me up over pass out here no problem. In fact I have to watch speedo. congrautions on your new toy.
Lloyd

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad this coach is working out fine for you. We have a few race fans in Barthmobile but I don't recall anyone going to Indy. We go to the fall Talledaga race every year, and stay just outside turn 3 in the family campground. There's a ton of RV parking free or very reasonable within walking distance of the track. If you're really into the IRL cars, Homestead is a blast. Small crowds and a really laid back attitude compared to NASCAR weekend.
Dega would be 720 miles from Houston, about 13 hours according to Mapquest. Homestead about 1320 miles, 19 hours. If you have any questions or want more info, I'd be glad to help. As for the new Barth, there are a bunch of really knowledgable guys here, and they like to share, so don't be shy with questions. We also like to see pix, so post some asap.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Must have been a brain fart.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Those can happen. Sometimes BF's can hurt. Smiler

’84 Barth Regal 25 ‘
w/ “FRED” FRont End Diesel
Chevy 6.2 L diesel

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Report This Post